DUBSTEP
POST HERE YOUR FAVORITE DUBSTEP MUSIC ;)
Thanks given by:
inb4 someone posts skrillex
Thanks given by:
F*ck dubstep.

Thanks given by:
Go on youtube and search: 'Vexare - The Clockmaker' and you'll have real dubstep.

Sorry I'm currently on my phone so I cannot post a link or video.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jun 13, 10:03PM)Leko Wrote:

I am really sorry, but this is not dubstep, but the original was.
Also fuck Skrillex, this is not dubstep too.

Those 2 videos are showing the real dubstep:

And this one shows the dubstep in a more comercial way:
Thanks given by:
Doctor P - Sweet Shop

Benga ft. Coki - Night

Rusko - Get Ya Cock Out

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Doorly remix)

Basement Jaxx - Raindrops (Doorly remix)
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 08:37AM)Jack Wrote: Doctor P - Sweet Shop

Doctor P - Watch out, Big boss, Tetris, Gargoyle and Bass canon. :D

Also Datsik, Excision's shambhala, Bassnectar, Datsik & Excision

EDIT:
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 12:15AM).ExodusS* Wrote: [vids]

<3

here's my contribution to this thread :

Thanks given by:

is this dubstep?
Thanks given by:

Other than that, it may not be pure dubstep but most sounds are inspired from it :

Joachim Garraud - Atrium (Designer Drugs remix)

DJ Fresh - Louder (Doctor P & Flux Pavilion Remix)

Ivan Gough, Feenixpawl - In My Mind (Axwell Mix) (Kromly Remix)

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know ft. Kimbra (KDrew Dubstep Remix)

This thread is a good idea, gj LeKo :)
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 02:11PM)Marti Wrote: is this dubstep?

Yes sir, and for those wo are wondering about what is dubstep, here a quick lesson:

The Dubstep is based on the UK Garage (and not the Drum and Bass LOLOL), it's a House beat (140 BPM) where we deleted some basses and kicks.

The beat can change a bit but must stay around 140, of course the dubstep must have a bassline.

The dubstep must respect a last rule, the 8 or 16 bars wich it's kinda hard to explain in english, the music must have 8 or 16 times before the "drop" and this is mainly why the drop is around 0:55 (or half of the time).

(60/70) * (16*4) = 54,8571... seconds
If the artist use 8 bars, the drop will be ~27s (the half).
Of course, this is the time from the first bar that start, sometimes artists are adding some introductions before.

Today, genres are shuffling a lot and it's really hard to follow the exact genre of a song, and for those who say "we don't care about the genre we just enjoy the music", it's always better to know what we like and to respect the origins of a genre.

About Bass canon, I hate UKF, the real music is 5 minutes long and they cut the start of the music...
Thanks given by:
BassCannon is shit yeah lol

The Gold Dust remix of Flux Pavillion is nice though
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
gold dust is only good song
Thanks given by:
For the future posters, put stuff in spoilers otherwise it'll get reaaaaally laggy like the "what are you listening to" thread.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jun 13, 04:32PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(22 Jun 13, 02:11PM)Marti Wrote: is this dubstep?

Yes sir, and for those wo are wondering about what is dubstep, here a quick lesson:

The Dubstep is based on the UK Garage (and not the Drum and Bass LOLOL), it's a House beat (140 BPM) where we deleted some basses and kicks.

The beat can change a bit but must stay around 140, of course the dubstep must have a bassline.

The dubstep must respect a last rule, the 8 or 16 bars wich it's kinda hard to explain in english, the music must have 8 or 16 times before the "drop" and this is mainly why the drop is around 0:55 (or half of the time).

(60/70) * (16*4) = 54,8571... seconds
If the artist use 8 bars, the drop will be ~27s (the half).
Of course, this is the time from the first bar that start, sometimes artists are adding some introductions before.

Today, genres are shuffling a lot and it's really hard to follow the exact genre of a song, and for those who say "we don't care about the genre we just enjoy the music", it's always better to know what we like and to respect the origins of a genre.

About Bass canon, I hate UKF, the real music is 5 minutes long and they cut the start of the music...
What if the song is in 5/4 or 7/8 for example? It isn't dubstep anymore then?

Anyway, here's mine probably favorite producer:
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 13, 09:40AM)pweaks Wrote: What if the song is in 5/4 or 7/8 for example? It isn't dubstep anymore then?

Sorry I don't get it, what is 5/4 and 7/8?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 13, 12:40PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(23 Jun 13, 09:40AM)pweaks Wrote: What if the song is in 5/4 or 7/8 for example? It isn't dubstep anymore then?

Sorry I don't get it, what is 5/4 and 7/8?

Time signatures.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 13, 12:49PM)pweaks Wrote: Time signatures.

I think it's still dubstep but there are probably some others name for each time signatures.
Thanks given by:
Please give me 5/8 or 7/8.

ExodusS, this means that instead of 4 beats per bar (measure) you will get 5 or seven. Which creates a really interesting off-center feel to the meter.

Take Five: http://youtu.be/vmDDOFXSgAs uses a 5/4 Time Sig. Which I feel as 3+2 (count it out as 1,2,3,1,2). When trying to count it out, listen to the piano.

So now, give me some actually interesting dubstep, make it 5/4 :D
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 13, 09:25PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: So now, give me some actually interesting dubstep, make it 5/4 :D

This is interesting, I've never heard of this before Pweaks said it, in fact after checking almost all dubstep songs I know (since ~2006) I've not found a single song that is not 4/4.

So I checked on the internetz in seach of a 5/4 dubstep song, there is one, but it sounds to be a test to proove it was possible, they call if "Fivestep"...
Thanks given by:
I saw that, they didn't really add a five feel. You could count it as 4/4. It didn't really do much for me. But yeah, it sounded more like a test.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 13, 06:00AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I saw that, they didn't really add a five feel. You could count it as 4/4. It didn't really do much for me. But yeah, it sounded more like a test.

I think for some reasons, artists have more interest to respect the 4/4, first of all, they can sell/trade their samples for remixes (and in electronic musics, there are remixes at will) and this is the best way for unknow artists to be known. A 5/4 song have no chance to be in the Shambhala 2013 or it would be very strange.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 13, 10:27AM)ExodusS Wrote:
(24 Jun 13, 06:00AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I saw that, they didn't really add a five feel. You could count it as 4/4. It didn't really do much for me. But yeah, it sounded more like a test.

I think for some reasons, artists have more interest to respect the 4/4, first of all, they can sell/trade their samples for remixes (and in electronic musics, there are remixes at will) and this is the best way for unknow artists to be known. A 5/4 song have no chance to be in the Shambhala 2013 or it would be very strange.
It's safer to make music in 4/4 because majority of the masses don't really understand shit about music and feel happy even though every single song has the same 4 chords structure. IMO producers who make songs for Britney Spears and other mainstream artists are not musicians, they are businessmen. Respecting a time signature is fucking dumb, this just shows that they are making profit, not art.
Thanks given by:
I-V-VI-IV in 4/4 = Success
Thanks given by:
I'd rather be a businessman and make $250.000.000 than being a musician and making $1000.

It's the people who decide whether or not someone is a musician.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jun 13, 12:27PM)Marti Wrote: I'd rather be a businessman and make $250.000.000 than being a musician and making $1000.

This is how I describe a good artist or a bad one. This is also why I f*ck Skrillex, this guy scams everyone with his shits and all those fanboys in a serious lack of knowledge are saying "zomg he invented dubstep", they don't know dubstep is older than Skrillex, and also Skrillex doesn't make dubstep.

:@
Thanks given by:
like if you had the opportunity to make millions with 'music' you wouldn't take it
Thanks given by: