Burst Script
So I do remember playing in the SVN version of AC and there was a "burst" option that allowed you to set your attack to 1-round, 2-round, 3-round, 4-round bursts, etc. I have recently been reading that this option is actually a script and it is built-into the next version of AC.

Does anyone have this script?
Thanks given by:
afaik it is intentionally disallowed because a script should not be able to fire your gun for you. I'm not knowledgeable about this, but i think the burst fire is a combination of something hardcoded and a script, or maybe simply just hardcoded without use of CS to avoid abuse.
Thanks given by:
oh. didnt know that. thanks...yea i was sifting through the 1.2 config today it has to be hardcoded because there is no mention of it in the scripts.cfg.

will it be available in 1.2 or was that just an experiment?
Thanks given by:
@ MerCyKiL:
Protip: The "attack" command will interrupt the current attack sequence, regardless of if it is within a sleep or not.

But yes, in SVN/next version, you can set the # of rounds for each burst on automatic weapons via the menus/commands.

(16 Jun 13, 03:48AM)Waffles Wrote: afaik it is intentionally disallowed because a script should not be able to fire your gun for you.

All weapon attack/switch actions happening outside of key binds are ignored. (The various mouse buttons are considered "keys") --- The only special case that I know of is the attack command being executed within a sleep. It has some special effects.

Which means there is no script that can fire for you. There are scripts that can *stop* firing for you though. ;)
Thanks given by:
are these scripts that can stop firing legal? do you have one?

EDIT: nevermind i got it figured out with a friend :D. thank you for your insight Bukz
Thanks given by:
You're welcome. :)

(17 Jun 13, 02:41AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: are these scripts that can stop firing legal? do you have one?

Totally legal yes. (although I hate the legal/illegal terms used in this context, how about allowed/disallowed? :P)

Don't like quoting myself but:

Quote:[22:09] <Bukz> btw, yes they are legal
[22:09] <Bukz> if you can do it with cubescript, you don't have anything to worry about
[22:10] <Bukz> its on the devs to block game-breaking scripts
[22:10] <Bukz> not to ban people for using cubescript

TL;DR, there is no illegal script.

I've written these kind of scripts before, but I do not use them. I feel that the advantage perceived from burst firing weapons in AC is similar to a "placebo effect".
Thanks given by: