The end of the competition for ExodusS.
I enjoy playing AC too much, this is why I will never drop this gale completelly. It will stay as my main FPS (and game) and I must deal with it.

I started at the early 1.0 on the famous Ezjemvill with DaylixX and some old AlienWare members. Because AlienWare was a team, rivals came fast and "forced" us to fall into the competitive world. It was the time for me to discover the game from another point of view. The "competition scene" was mainly based around a small amount of "elite" clans (w00p, oNe, BC, ANGRA...) and trust me, 4 strong clans was a very small number at this time.
I was in .cS" and I remember how easy it was to find a match. The IRC and TS3 was useless here, all you had to do was to search the "|" in the server list, it was enough to find at least 3 different clans who were willing to play if they had enough teammates for a 3 vs 3.

And matches were so different ... newcomers who started playing at the 1.1 can't even have a taste of the game during previous versions.
All clans were trying to prove the fact they were better than their opponents, of course not everyone was a kind player and some insults and false accusations were dropped. In any case clans were providing (and sharing) unofficial clients because at this time it was enough to be ban from your clan. Maybe you can check on |oNe| website, the fact they were forcing their members and applicants to play a game as fair as possible, no bright skins and also no reduced textures! (also called Carbon mod, 1x2 pixel textures that had the "false" reputation to improve your FPS, the FPS was not really improved but this mod allowed everyone to see opponents, teammates, pickups and flags in a very contrasted environment). A lot of discussions about this kind of mods were dropped on the official forum (this is why today, brightskins are filtered, this gives me some hard times on maps with a shit lightning cause my screen is very dark). To finish about those mods, it was described as the "cheat of the poor" wich is kinda funny and true. Using it was also giving you a not very good reputation...

Some weeks before the 1.1 official release, I remember playing the SVN with Brett, Sanzo ech0, some internationnal players and devs. I remember everyone using their common weapons (snipers and SMG) but ElCre#M|A# using the AR. Everyone had the fast conclusion that the fact AR was much stronger - too powerfull. It wasn't too late to fix it (1.1 had no release date) and devs were playing with us, but nothing was done to fix this obvious issue.

The 1.1 came out (makke was spamming it on all servers) and many clans were not ready to change. w00p clan even launched a 1.0 masterserver, BC, 3" (slovakian players who almost won the world cup one month before) followed by some clans stayed on the 1.0.

I started playing the 1.1 since the first day, waiting after clans to come on the new release (today most of them stopped AC). I was (like most of the players) an AR player. The public skill level was already dropping because I was turning around 3 ration on crowded publics wich was anormal because I was not that strong to handle very good scores on a crowded real public we could find on the 1.0.

Some clans appeared with the 1.1. The most significative was the come of "epic." clan, at start it was composed of Jason and Larry playing exclusivelly AR on ac_outpost RVSF. (funny). They also come with a new gameplay. The art of "blocking the game". It was nothing really new since it was used by a winning team in match to "play with the time" in CTF. The concept is simple, when your teammate die, instead of stealing the enemy flag, you come back to your base to defend it. This results in a blocked and lack of interest game especially because Epic were using ot even when they were losing and during the whole match. This concept was sprayed to almost all matches you can find today, just because it fits perfectly with the AR abilities (fast moves and strong kill machine). The weapon balance thread was blewing up (obvious) and some lines were dropped by Jason and Larry about it in a very biased point of view.

(20 Apr 11, 08:36PM)Jason Wrote: Always play to win, and use what advantage you can
Roflcopter Wrote:We (legacy) play the game to win

This is funny when you see Larry fighting for the half-time swapteams, same guy who never stop his searches about unfair shits ans spreading everything he finds to everyone arounf him (@his clan especially). The same guy who organise tournaments we must sign-up before the rules are written, where each teams pick his map ( forcing teams to pick unfair map obviously, you know a team who signs up to lose?).

Let's speak a bit about Legacy, this clan (was playing AR only lol) was encouraging unfair advantages, it started in matches with some really annoying maps/modes, the famous ac_aqueous CLA was pointed out, this map was by far the most biased official map. Then they started to vote other shits such as ac_rattrap (if you like to be stucked and if you have a 6+ years old laptop, you will enjoy playing this map) in HTF, ac_outpost HTF, also ac_iceroad on HTF using a glitch to stuck the flag and the flagger in an unaccessible area. (accessible only if you are full HP, with 50+ kevlar and if you trow a perfect grenade on your head, all this by getting hit by the flagger at the bottom of the hole and in front of the enemy base's door. LOL).

SKB releases a custom client (I'm not accusing him) and this is the start of the "custom client" shit, a lot of players are playing matches with different clients, are providing it and sharing it in the private part of their forum (GsF made some custom clients too), some are offering things comparable to a cheat, but the real problem is that clients are all different, and they are modifeing the game, the point I wanted to say is that the competition scene is not playing the same AssaultCube. Some scripts (almost useless) were shared between members of the same team, to answer that, their opponents are also creating script they try to hide from everyone, is this a clan match or a script match?

Plus since the 1.1, the new meta is to don't give a fuck about the blacklist, to recruit ex-cheaters and to forgive them for their past, some are cleans and they can dare to ask a second chance, but some of them are not clean at all, you can take the exemple of Alive, there is proofs he cheated, but he was still playing with the same client, and opponents/teammates were accepting to play with him. Same for Plenas, this guy is in the top cheater try-harder of the year, but many players were accepting him in matches, inters etc... (you can take as exemple this guy: "PORTUGAL" who even played for the last tournament, what a joke!). This new generation of players are making the game absolutelly not fun at all, of course the priority for a clan is to win (I will not lie on this) but winning your opponents when you are full of scripts, modified clients, when you use better (and not fun) weapons on annoying and biased maps against players who are playing an AssaultCube as soft and enjoyable as possible... Winning like this make you feel better, you think you are better than your opponents?

This is stupid, the game of today is not the game I used to enjoy before.

Sorry for my amazing English level, good luck, and enjoy your ac_desert3 CLA, during, I'll have fun on noob publics on the game I like.

[Image: a5-11010.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 04:05PM).ExodusS* Wrote: [Image: a5-11010.jpg]

I must admit, this was funny.
Thanks given by:
2true
ggwp
Thanks given by:
Perfect depiction of what the competetive side of the game is today, Exo. I came to realize this some time ago but just decided to not give a fuck and try and have as much fun from the game as I could. Because of this, as well as some lack of interest and a few other things I haven't been involved in the competetive scene as much as I could. I play clan matches occasionally though I do play inters with the guys at #maclan to keep up my skill level and not get rusty, and I have fun doing it anyway.

What my point is Exo, don't let the negative aspect of the game sadden you, and just focus on doing things that make you happy. I can tell you frankly right now that if it weren't for some people, I would have grown bored and left the game a long time ago. Keep playing matches with close friends and don't hesitate to play clan matches sometimes. There are still many things to cherish and enjoy in the game, it's just a matter of ignoring the bad things and doing shit you love.
Thanks given by:
[Image: hermedwards_youplaytowinthegame.gif]
Thanks given by:
AR needs less kickback, 1.0 felt like it was more about the kills, now everyone just rifles everywhere.
Thanks given by:
Au Revoir,

will =AW= still finish the tournament?
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 05:44PM)Marti Wrote: will =AW= still finish the tournament?

Yes, and I didn't say i'll leave AC
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry Jason and I ruined your life, ExodusS.

You overstate how OP AR is.

I post scripts and such because it's better everyone has equal access to them.

When you complain about epic/eR/legacy's defensive strategy you're basically admitting it works. Do you expect us to play in ways we know to be worse? Of course we play to win.

Every team picks biased maps and modes. We weren't the first to pick any of those except CTF outpost.

.ExodusS* Wrote:The same guy who organise tournaments we must sign-up before the rules are written, where each teams pick his map ( forcing teams to pick unfair map obviously, you know a team who signs up to lose?).

I will clarify this part because it's my job as the Summer Cup admin. When I took over running the tournament there were no rules and the signups had already been completed - this was not my doing. All other tournaments I run have had rules before signups.

We don't force teams to pick unfair maps. We allow teams to pick any map they like - the same as most other tournaments before this one.
Thanks given by:
Did you really write a long post because you are going to play pubs instead of matches? Thanks for the info, have a nice life.
Thanks given by:
Be welcome on my server with kill sprees and other message to learn the douze noobs that there are pro players in game :)
Thanks given by:
Wow, people who switch from matches to pubs feel like fallen heroes who need to claim their big change. Seriously, you all should stop this kind of fucking elitism. Pubs are fun, that's where you all came from. Screw you private players.
Thanks given by:
Hehe, that's why after all I only play pubs :)
Once I was a good clan player, no I'm some one with a life enjoying AC :p
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 06:08PM)Roflcopter Wrote: bla bla bla

You took the admin of the tournament, you also took the responsibility of it.
Instead of spreading your shits, don't make shits, if someone cheats, will you spread this cheat for a more fair game?
Your logic is bullshit.
Thanks given by:
Quote:the new meta

[Image: you-keep-using-that-word-i-do-not-think-...8838-7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I can not believe that you can be so depressed and neurotic because of such a small and insignificant thing, a game, Assaultcube.

By writing this post u have proven that u re a person unable to adapt to things changing around you, u seem to be small, weak crying child because mum've taken your fav teat away.

You've spent last 2 years bitching about AR, using it yourself most of the time. Where there re bunch of people(including me) still using SMG in a competitive games, you may ask why? Well, IMO Assaultcube's lvl of games are not that high, players make a lot of mistakes, so even if AR is a stronger weapon, playing properly you can beat them with SMG. It is harder but still possible.

I wonder why back when ver.10 was online you weren't bitching about SMG and sniper being too strong compared to AR and shotgun? Maybe because u were the one using these weapons, so as far as you were happy everything was good. It is not about weapons in AC being unbalanced, because they always were, it's about some players loosing their toys, crying in the corners.

You blame Jason and Larry that they want to win? Well, I bet, when u were young, your dad was always letting you win so his perfect kid wouldn't cry. We are not your parents tho, we won't do that even though you are so spoiled. Winning is fun, so smart teams will pick maps and weapons that give advantages, it's obvious and there it nothing bad about that.

Problems begin when players use cheats, or things giving em advantages that normal game client can't provide and has to be modified. However AC has no specified rules about these things, so somebody(me) who used cheat client once, 2 years ago is as bad as for example Plenas who cheats over and over again during tournaments, clan matches (it's like a singular assault compared to a murder). That's not how it should be, so Larry who proposed this half year rule is the one making something to solve this issue, otherwise we would have no tournaments whatsoever.

I hope some of your "crying brothers" will tell you how hilarious you look writing such a things, because you probably wont listen to me, as I am not your ass licking buddy, just some polish scum.

god damn, that's way too long!
Thanks given by:
I stopped reading at:

(27 May 13, 08:08PM)Fearles=MyS= Wrote: You've spent last 2 years bitching about AR, using it yourself most of the time.

Because it could not be more false.

No in fact I've read the whole post and there are a lot of stupid things. Play a fair game or expect reactions like mine, deal with it. And it's not about my own oppinion, SMG and Sniper were less overpowered than the actual AR, and they needed more skill to handle and they were by far more fun to use (more "quakelike"), so I don't know why you are offensive with AR haters.

If you look carefully at recent events (match rules, rC issues, unfair advantages, etc...) you will see that most of complainers were:
-Playing only AR
-A lot of ex-cheaters
-rC members
-Abusive script users
-Unfair map lovers
Thanks given by:
People are getting so impassioned in these forums nowadays.
Did we all just forget it's a fucking game? <_<

[Image: tumblr_m0cdbrqqfb1rqfhi2o1_500.gif]

Exo will go play pubs (at least what's left of them), cool.
Others will continue playing matches, fine.
No need to berate the fuck out of each other.

Peace & Love
Thanks given by:
If you're gonna bitch just leave, don't even bother making a thread about it.

<3 fearles' post
Thanks given by:
Yay rC is now officially involved in another discussion

Agree with ShadZ
Thanks given by:
+1 to C4rma & Fearles posts.
I doubt the competition will miss you and your superb performances in failing & raging at lag, weapons, players, clients, scripts... well, basically raging at the game itself.
I don't even know why you keep on playing AC if you hate it that much. The game has changed, just deal with it and stop whining because you're making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone.

Useless thread. Not going to miss you, at all.
Thanks given by:
Shut up faggot, Fearless is just a dumbass that ignores everyone then speak about them, when I saw what he said to Lucas, I though it was his little sister speaking for him, and when I see you speaking, I only see a fucking flammerwho just stay on this forum to flame topics made by people you hate.

(20 May 13, 12:47PM)Fearles=MyS= Wrote: The only thing u re doing here is posting pointless comments,
u are a player that does not play the game,
a dev that can't release simple game patch
and a clanmate that never plays clan matches,
then u bring back something that happened 3 years ago,
pathetic.

Each fucking lines are falses.

Please DamDam, stop this try-hard, go make script for your teammates, listen to your shitty skrillex and leave me alone.
Thanks given by:
Bukz
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 06:34PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(27 May 13, 06:08PM)Roflcopter Wrote: bla bla bla

You took the admin of the tournament, you also took the responsibility of it.
Instead of spreading your shits, don't make shits, if someone cheats, will you spread this cheat for a more fair game?
Your logic is bullshit.

I can't take responsibility for something someone else did before I was in charge!
The first thing I did was post the rules - I can't do better than that.

Of course I wouldn't spread cheats.
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 09:21PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Shut up faggot, Seriffi is just a dumbass that ignores everyone then speak about them, when I saw what he said to Lucas, I though it was his little sister speaking for him, and when I see you speaking, I only see a fucking flammerwho just stay on this forum to flame topics made by people you hate.

wtf are you on?
Thanks given by:
(27 May 13, 09:27PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: wtf are you on?

F5
Thanks given by:
Too. Much. Flame. Can't. Handle. It.
Thanks given by:
This time I will let this go on, so that, instead of one closed thread there'll be many banned fellows. <3
Thanks given by:
Everything is said, if a mod can lock the topic it would be cool, it would also disable DamDam to do what he uses to do.
Thanks given by:
Lock this topic? But this is an international mourning thread. Mourning the loss of such a significant member of the competitive community.
Thanks given by: