Current development status
What needs testing at this point?
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 13, 06:46PM)Nightmare Wrote: What needs testing at this point?
Thanks given by:
Everything? :)
Thanks given by:
Excuse me if I failed to read the part in Luc@s' post concerning this, but what happened to akimbo pistols? I'm noob enough not to understand what the changes in the pistol will do when you're dual wielding.
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 13, 01:17PM)Bukz Wrote:
(24 Apr 13, 04:49AM)Undead Wrote: i hope to god you are kidding. not only are those poor choices for testers, but there are dozens of other people who would help you test the game with far greater efficiency.

So what are you waiting for? Start testing. Looking forward to your expert analysis.

you're actually fucking serious?
go through the proving grounds forum and find my posts relating to balance. not my fault if they were ignored.
i'm just amazed that lucas could state that the only testers available were brett and SKB. if he didn't want testers outside of his little clique he could have got harrek or sanzo or something.

@nightmare
nothing afaik, my point was how absurd lucas' point was
Thanks given by:
smg changes might make me actually want to play again
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 13, 10:18PM)Undead Wrote: if he didn't want testers outside of his little clique he could have got harrek or sanzo or something.

Harrek was busy those times, but Sanzo tested the SVN many times. Lucas didn't mentioned all testers in his post it doesn't mean Brett and SKB were the only 2 ones using the SVN and balancing weapons.
Thanks given by:
Great work guys, good to hear what is going to be added to new version of AC.

Keep up the good work :)
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 13, 10:18PM)Undead Wrote: i'm just amazed that lucas could state that the only testers available were brett and SKB. if he didn't want testers outside of his little clique he could have got harrek or sanzo or something.
because you believe sanzo and harrek never refuse to try ? Almost every time i ask them they say no.
(and i try to get testers on IRC too, i just did, i also asked xenon and the others...)

I wonder why i keep answering such stupid posts. So much time wasted explaining why you're spreading shit...
Thanks given by:
You can test easy the SVN but nobody is connected .
Single player is boring :)
I would like playing more match in svn to evaluate the new version ...
Thanks given by:
Shade from WarCraft III Wrote:What needs revealing?

If something specific needs testing, I can help.

Otherwise I've played and mapped a lot in SVN and it seems fine.
Thanks given by:
Great. Just great.
Thanks given by:
Ty for informing, it makes it worth the wait.

EDIT: I think we should also ask the public for testing because some are willing to test instead of people who refuse :)
Thanks given by:
Greatly appreciate this thread! It's nice to know progress is being made while we wait.
Thanks given by:
(25 Apr 13, 12:51AM)Luc@s Wrote: because you believe sanzo and harrek never refuse to try ? Almost every time i ask them they say no.
(and i try to get testers on IRC too, i just did, i also asked xenon and the others...)

I wonder why i keep answering such stupid posts. So much time wasted explaining why you're spreading shit...

i don't believe i was ever asked, but ok. when i managed to organize SVN sessions or map tests i got at least 6 people most of the time(all using TS as well). i don't understand how you could have struggled to get testers together.

btw Il Duce, i'll give you a tip. not every post you disagree with is stupid.
Thanks given by:
For testing I suggest for devs to announce 'public testing' - type hour and date and invite everyone interested, do some stress testing and wait for feedbacks
Thanks given by:
(20 May 13, 12:50PM)FleshyPod Wrote: For testing I suggest for devs to announce 'public testing' - type hour and date and invite everyone interested, do some stress testing and wait for feedbacks

^
Thanks given by:
you know you can play when you want ? you know you can ask that by yourself ? ;)
Thanks given by:
after 2 months ......... Nothing ..
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 02:48PM)NaNuy Wrote: after 2 months ......... Nothing ..

YOU, what did you just say :o
RIP bro, was a pleasure.
Prepare to be burried to oblivion.
Thanks given by:
YOU, what did you just say :o
RIP bro, was a pleasure.
Prepare to be burried to oblivion.
[/quote]

[Image: 0]
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 02:48PM)NaNuy Wrote: after 2 months ......... Nothing ..

nothing you could find by yourself *
Thanks given by:
[Image: Ir5FFgw.png]

[Image: Trollface_emoticon.png]

Everything for the last month or two has been Luc@s mostly. Luc for lead dev.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 13, 06:52PM)Nightmare Wrote: Luc for lead dev.
Thanks given by:
Sniper will be OP, SMG and AR will feel frustrating, shotgun and carbine will still be too weak. Wait and see.

Really still recommend axing bad maps and replacing them with the creme de la crop.

Lucas Wrote:If you don't like them, don't play them.
You're purposely ignoring that other teams can pick them against you in CMs.

Still time for half-time side-switching. I'm sure you could code it in a day.

Nice non-balance changes though.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 13, 12:55PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Sniper will be OP, SMG and AR will feel frustrating, shotgun and carbine will still be too weak. Wait and see.

Still time for half-time side-switching. I'm sure you could code it in a day.

Sniper will be fine, strong but it will feel good to get some players sniping. I feel a bit alone :'(
SMG & AR are fine, situational weapons. SMG is just godlike at close range. (AR still too much kickback IMHO, but i'm a sniper so yeah maybe i'm wrong)
Carbine, secretly OP. Better than sniper on certain maps (i.e shine), i consider myself playing this weapon when it will be more usefull than a sniper.
Shotgun, surprisly powerfull. A good shotgun can be literally unkillable, still not sure about top level though. But have fun public boys, this weapon gonna be a real pain !

Meta changing, closer to 0.93, a good thing. People will adapt.

@switch sides at mid time, this would be a really good thing for the match scene.
Thanks given by:
How do you reconcile sniper not being OP with it killing quicker than AR and SMG in the most common position: with 0 shield? If a sniper hits their shot, switches, and hits their pistol they win the fight regardless of their enemy's skill.

Also the fact you get good results with sniper against top players/teams shows sniper definitely is not underpowered. Weapon power is judged based only on how the best players handle them.

Finally, the game is supposed to be fast paced. It won't be with the current sniper.
Thanks given by:
Dear larry, if you consider sniper overpowered, I'm sure you will adapt and proceed to kick my ass with my own weapon ! :D

On a more serious note, I played some SVN games, sniper is really strong for sure, but it's still a weapon that requires "skills & hours of practice". I had some troubles with it against youngstud's smg on medium ranged map like desert/des3. Still managed to win the matches but again, without any arrogance i'm not the worst sniper in AC and not everyone manage to do as good as i do atm.
With this little help, we could see some 1.0 snipers who managed to be as good/better than me taking this weapon again (Lordzz, Harrek, Atomikk, Melone.. )

@"the fact you get good results with sniper against top players/teams shows sniper definitely is not underpowered"

I don't think i can say i have good results against any top teams atm. Look at some screenshot from 1.0 and you'll see that 1.1 nerfed all snipers pretty hard, a lot choose to adapt and switched to AR, i tryed to do my best keeping the sniper, and i'll admit without any shame, sometimes i just can't and i have to switch AR.
Try to play 3v3 on ingress with a sniper against 3ARs, trust me, you don't stand any chances. Oh for sure you can end with a positive ratio and maybe 1/2 flags. But we(snipers) end up loosing the game because we just can't hit an AR rushing full speed out of our base after taking your flag.
Thanks given by:
AR rushing really does take skills though sanzo
Thanks given by:
I totally agree with Sanzo, sniper is under powered in AC 1.1...
Thanks given by: