Are there any competitive players left?
(02 Apr 13, 08:14PM)Xenon Wrote: Living in brazil also lowers the skill

what
Thanks given by:
living in europe you will have the best chance of playing vs good players.
if you live in places like brazil or australia, your chances of being good will not be as high. therefore the skill level drops
Thanks given by:
Truly don't see your point, Xenon, as we already download the game with a different client making us superior in kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Thread has gone weird, brbr nonsense needed. Come on
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 04:40PM)Xenon Wrote: living in europe you will have the best chance of playing vs good players.
if you live in places like brazil or australia, your chances of being good will not be as high. therefore the skill level drops

I would think higher population of ac players in a region = higher chance of more pros in a region.

Maybe jamz can put together a pie chart of AC population by country. :p
Thanks given by:
33% of AC players are from Brasil.
EDIT: Your argument is invalid.
Thanks given by:
xD
This is one funny thread...
Thanks given by:
I'm still here :3. But I'm just a Pub player >.>
Thanks given by:
I AM PRO. GIVE ME MEDAL.
Thanks given by:
The United States isn't a great producer of awesome players. There are a few over the years.
Thanks given by:
Forum lurker reporting in.
Thanks given by:
People in this thread just need to realize that this is a game and chill out. No bully.
Thanks given by:
(03 Apr 13, 05:46PM)Nightmare Wrote: ...Maybe jamz can put together a pie chart of AC population by country. :p

[Image: E69zdJy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wat
Thanks given by:
Hahaha
Thanks given by:
Djiboutians must be proud now.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 13, 05:02PM)jamz Wrote:
(03 Apr 13, 05:46PM)Nightmare Wrote: ...Maybe jamz can put together a pie chart of AC population by country. :p

[img][/img]

They are just five players taking in body weight.
Thanks given by:
[Image: player_numbers.jpg]

My bad, those 33% were from USA.
Thanks given by:
0 A.D. News Wrote:Longtime 0 A.D. contributor...(“Mythos_Ruler”) has agreed to take over leadership of the project pending the success of a crowdfunding campaign, tentatively set for May and June 2013, which he will plan and carry out. If the campaign succeeds, Hafer will work in a full-time capacity for one to two years from his home...to promote all aspects of development of 0 A.D.

Any AC devs interested in doing something similar? :p

And y u no do it?!
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/home...e/gsoc2013
Thanks given by:
Top 10 downloads per country.

1. BR - 388,253
2. US - 305,110
3. FR - 124,923
4. GER - 76,183
5. Turkey - 68,010
6. UK - 45,088
7. CAN - 45,035
8. Indonesia - 36,731
9. AUS - 35,364
10. Thailand - 31,043
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 13, 01:16AM).ExodusS* Wrote: Top 10 downloads per country.

1. BR - 388,253
Better hope 1cap doesn't make a fork like he said he would...
Thanks given by:
Why would we care what 1Cap decides to do? It's not like the Brazilians will turn to his game (if he finishes that is), and even if it happened I don't see how we'd lose from it.
Thanks given by:
Was joking. :(
Thanks given by:
it's not like number of downloads is a decisive indication of player base anyway, probably around 350,00 brazilians downloaded it played one game of rattrap tdm and uninstalled
Thanks given by:
Wow... Impressive for Switzerland to reach 500 players oO
Thanks given by:
notbad NL with 1195 players
Thanks given by:
Quote:[Image: p2bsj5e2.jpg]
half of them are probably brazilians using proxys.
Thanks given by:
I think most br players are too dumb to know what proxy is
Thanks given by:
on-topic: Have players group up and play as continents competitively.[ex: continent vs. continent instead of clan vs. clan] This allows a lot more players per group, so matches are much easier to find and play. CM's would still be possible, but with this as well, competitive matches could be played a lot more.

|NA|Wolf & |NA|Waffles & |NA|Zarj vs. |EU|jamz & |EU|Luc@s & |EU|WildSnorlax
Thanks given by:
^Speaking of which, apparently discussions have already begun for the upcoming ACWC (which tends to bring some "inactive" players back into the sunlight for a brief time - see certain members of team FRA|)...will USA finally get their shit together to stand somewhat of a chance? We shall see.

Why is this thread offtopic
Thanks given by:
(06 Apr 13, 09:57PM)Nightmare Wrote: on-topic: Have players group up and play as continents competitively.

GMT are already annoying between Europeans, now if we must play against players that have a 6+ hours difference with us...
Thanks given by: