Are there any competitive players left?
I haven't heard of matches being played in weeks. Xenon, Jason, me and Vanquish have uninstalled and quite a lot of other players seem to have suddenly dropped off the face of AC. I haven't seen MyS play since before Christmas, oNe & w00p play in weeks, even rC & BoB don't seem to.
Thanks given by:
there a many Brazilian guys left :)
so yes :)
Thanks given by:
Somehow Karma decided to let me lag since a week so i can't play competitive too atm :s
Thanks given by:
People are just bored of v1.1.0.4.

This is what slowly happens when a game that wasn't too popular to start with, isn't updated after 2 and a half years.
Thanks given by:
Feel free to take your hax/trying too hard elsewhere so the Nightmare era can begin.

Some will come back for 1.2.0.0
Thanks given by:
i have recently downloaded again but only played a few pubs so far ... dont think its gonna be more than that too
Thanks given by:
I didn't left, AC 1.2.0.0 version would show us how clans are getting dangerous!
Thanks given by:
It's just like .rC and whatever clan they can drag into CMing them :>

(27 Mar 13, 05:57PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Vanquish [has] uninstalled AC
Blasphemy. DamDam rC would never let their star fragger go D:
Thanks given by:
Lots of players are still about here and there, but it is quite clear there is no motivation to actually play, including from myself. Rather than deleting the game (i'll give it 2/3 weeks before one of you re-downloads it) maybe it would be more productive to work with a larger group of people either from TS, IRC, or the forum and see a think of a way to combat the problem. Realistically even though people don't have motivation to play at the moment, no one wants to see it die.
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 13, 10:59PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: It's just like .rC and whatever clan they can drag into CMing them :>

Blasphemy. DamDam rC would never let their star fragger go D:

Vanquish (now named Fluttershy btw) has uninstalled AC loads of times before... Doubt there's anything to worry about.. Well atm I don't see why he would reinstall it though, as the only thing happening in AC atm is pubs, and maybe even an inter once a month.

So anyone that has uninstalled AC doesn't really miss anything
Thanks given by:
Why is everybody named Fluttershy now? -.- So 2010
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 13, 07:15PM)Aekom Wrote: People are just bored of v1.1.0.4.

This is what slowly happens when a game that wasn't too popular to start with, isn't updated after 2 and a half years.

Exactly. I believe regular updates (even with fewer changes) would've been a better strategy to keep more players into the game. I don't really understand the point of waiting that long for a new release...even if everything is not done.
Now many (competitive) players left, some will come back to try new version, and if they're unsatisfied, they'll just leave for good...

(27 Mar 13, 10:59PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: It's just like .rC and whatever clan they can drag into CMing them :>

Well yea, i guess we're probably one of the latest clan to search for CMs now...^^

I think it's normal Vanquish uninstalled it, as there was no CMs and he does not like inters & pubs so... yea not many things left besides spec...
If I play AC, it will most likely be on pubs or inters and only during weekends..

(27 Mar 13, 10:59PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Blasphemy. DamDam rC would never let their star fragger go D:

Haha, what? Ofc i wouldn't want to let my mate leave us, logic. Whether it's Vanquish or another rC member, it would be sad to see one of us leave x)
But hey, Vanquish is still #1 rC's fatty, and i don't think he's planning to leave ^^
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 12:16AM)DamDam Wrote:
(27 Mar 13, 10:59PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Blasphemy. DamDam rC would never let their star fragger go D:

Haha, what?

Implying that you seem to have quite a bit of say within rC's democracy, perhaps. :)

Yeah, im slightly disappointed by AC's currect competitive climate, although im not exactly surprised. I still enjoy playing to a certain extent, its just not enjoyable when theres no one of your particular nature, without going completely out of your way to play with.
Thanks given by:
new version comes out i'll play.
cya in a few years.

i mean wot
Thanks given by:
I finally get some decent internet and most of you asshats leave. Its ok i don't play either lol
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 02:30AM)lucky Wrote: I finally get some decent internet and most of you asshats leave. Its ok i don't play either lol
Yeah wtf happened to HyPE :/
Thanks given by:
We are all still here. We just don't play AC. Am I right?
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 03:03AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Yeah wtf happened to HyPE :/
Uh...

idk.
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 12:26AM)Mr.OpTic Wrote:
(28 Mar 13, 12:16AM)DamDam Wrote:

Haha, what?

Implying that you seem to have quite a bit of say within rC's democracy, perhaps. :)

DamDam has nothing to say within rC ^^
Thanks given by:
i tried to play a clanmatch
searched for a few days
didnt find one
Thanks given by:
I played a clan match, RVSF bots so stronk
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 10:16AM)Sanzo Wrote: I played a clan match, RVSF bots so stronk
Thanks given by:
(27 Mar 13, 07:15PM)Aekom Wrote: People are just bored of v1.1.0.4.

(27 Mar 13, 11:49PM)yopa Wrote: anyone that has uninstalled AC doesn't really miss anything
^^^
Exactly.

(27 Mar 13, 11:28PM)ShieldyBear Wrote: Rather than deleting the game (i'll give it 2/3 weeks before one of you re-downloads it) maybe it would be more productive to work with a larger group of people either from TS, IRC, or the forum and see a think of a way to combat the problem.
I really have no intention to re-download 1.1, it's just become so repetitive and bland, and this isn't helped by the fact that the few games that were being played up until recently have now stopped completely.Your idea is great though, even if a bit late xD

(28 Mar 13, 12:07AM)Nightmare Wrote: Why is everybody named Fluttershy now? -.- So 2010
Spoken like a true parasprite. I don't know any other AC player who is/was called Fluttershy (do you have proof of everypony naming themselves this or are you just trying to up your post count?), and even if there was, there's nothing wrong with it because she's awesome. endofstory

tl;dr, a lot of competitive players will come back for 1.2. the momentum and excitement of 1.1 is dead, so it's useless trying to revive it now. and if 1.2 turns out the same as 1.1, I think it's safe to say competitive AC will be gone forever. So we should try and make 1.2 more active and enjoyable for everyone. New leagues/tourneys/etc could help but I don't know anyone willing or able to run them. The ACCL and AC Weekend Cup were good attempts and started out strong but just fizzled out due to lack of interest. It seems the last competition anyone seems to give a shit about is ACWC, and that only comes once a year for about a month or so - and there's no point in playing a game that only has competition once a year.

I've recently started to play Sauerbraten more actively, and they have a major tournament (SWL - Sauerbraten World League) every month. It's usually run well, with great admins (apart from a buggy hopmod on the server this month) and a great ranking system. Furthermore, winning enough consecutive matches in a certain area grants you titles and awards, which gives players lots of motivation to keep playing. Only regular thing going on in AC is pubs/inters, and they just don't interest anyone who enjoys playing competitively.
Thanks given by:
i beat them all
Thanks given by:
^^ You so pro.
Thanks given by:
Bullshit from top to bottom apart for Undead's quote!
Thanks given by:
It's been a downfall ever since 1.0.4 was put down.
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 02:24PM)pweaks Wrote: It's been a downfall ever since 1.0.4 was put down.

I've heard that it started going downhill after 0.93
Thanks given by:
(28 Mar 13, 03:27PM)Habluka Wrote: I've heard that it started going downhill after 0.93
Nah, it was when they kicked the only active coder from the dev team
1.0 was the best version but 0.93 had the best community ac has ever seen
Thanks given by:
For 'no-release ragerage' players on hold 'til 1.2.0.0
http://www.unvanquished.net/
Monthly releases & a front page that has active updates telling the players what is going on currently in development.
Thanks given by: