Hmmm, interesting
I’ve played a few games on the pubs with the latest issue; all in all, very nice thank you.
It could still do with makke’s texture overhaul, but I’ve never had a problem with the graphics.
The extra armour blends in rather well, good job again makke.
The change in armour vest strength makes for some interesting game play. Not absolutely sure it was necessary but have it right I suppose is the correct way to go.
It does mean the player with the double vest on is very hard to take down, but……
Interesting to note that despite the obvious benefits of all the extra armour the majority of players still rush for the nades first but hey, what’s new there.
Also interesting the number of players who still hope to get that headshot by wildly aiming with the sniper; way to go sniper fans, you’re gonna die.
All the GUI tweaks don’t mean a lot to me as a player; maybe I haven’t spent enough time experimenting to cast judgment on their worth. But, sure, it looks more “modern” and everything I’ve seen is easy to read.
In game attitude doesn’t seem to have changed an awful lot; don’t wear a tag and create a bit of havoc and many players piss off. I think they are more reluctant to shout “cheat” given the new anti cheat measures but….
There are still some seriously laggy servers and that shouldn’t really be happening.
The carbine looks nice but I think it is still at a major disadvantage compared to the rest of the weapons, even the pistol is a better survival bet. I would have gone for an increased fire rate for the carbine leaving the clip and accuracy as it is.
Less nade bounce….. cool.
Less nades…….even cooler.
Only time will tell how effective the anti cheat measures are going to be. However, well done Brahma for getting it sorted.
Overall on the game front, I think it’s a great improvement. Okay, it’s lost a bit of the arcade appeal and I can understand why many seasoned ac addicts are going to have problems with the new features.

With regard to the community.
Who on earth let the RandumIdiot wipe out years of ac forum history? What a terrible and totally unforgivable mistake.
So what happened, new regime eradicating past errors from the public eye on their rise to power?

Also very disappointed to see some “players”, you know, the cheating scum so many of us tried so hard over the years to eradicate from the game back on the pubs and the forums like nothing ever happened; some still using their original name, other sneaking about under various aliases.
I can’t imagine who could possibly be responsible for this……….well, wallow in shite and you’ll never scrub yourself clean, some may say.

My initial impressions lead me to thinking that maybe ac has unfortunately in my eyes developed into a two tier game; seasoned clan players playing private matches while the pubs cater for the newer players. I suppose there has always been that tendency but in my opinion all skill levels playing together seemed best for the game and the quickest way to improve the skill of the newer players.
Anyway, thanks for the game improvements devs
Thanks given by:
pretty much my opinion too ... I still use the sniper tho and dont want to switch weapons! never!
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 10, 07:14PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Also interesting the number of players who still hope to get that headshot by wildly aiming with the sniper; way to go sniper fans, you’re gonna die.
Depends. If you aim as badly as I do, you'll get more no-scope than hard-scope headshots. Of course I die ;)

(21 Aug 10, 07:14PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: Who on earth let the RandumIdiot wipe out years of ac forum history? What a terrible and totally unforgivable mistake.
So what happened, new regime eradicating past errors from the public eye on their rise to power?
No, no, just that they didn't notice a website security leak with exploits going on for months. Now they don't dare to touch that database ever again - wise decision if you ask me.
Thanks given by:
Welcome back, tipper.

About the cheat scum.... not to heaven and not to hell, tipper:
1) We need hands to work for the game... if you have cleaner hands to offer, we accept.
2) There is no endless punishment... but my hammer is heavy and I am putting all scum I am finding in 1.1 inside the central blacklist (some specific scums I cannot put there due to the dynamic ip issues)

Also, ty for your overall opinion.
Thanks given by:
(21 Aug 10, 07:14PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: With regard to the community.
Who on earth let the RandumIdiot wipe out years of ac forum history? What a terrible and totally unforgivable mistake.

tipper is so ftw don't you think?
Thanks given by:
If you want to put the old database in the air (and check the 40MB of php scripts/data to find where it is corrupted) you are free to it, MorganKell... I can happily give you the data...

Otherwise, gtfo.
Thanks given by:
@MK
I think we all have read enough useless shimmystuff in the past. Would be nice if this forum doesn't become a personal trashcan as well. And btw, slowly but steady everyone has to face up the fact to aspects of the game and its community are history now and forever. So stop with mourning about the present and whitewashing the past. K, thx.

@Tipper
Welcome back, old man. Nice to have you here again
Thanks given by:
i disagree with the carbines firing rate! i think its too high. lol
Thanks given by:
Brahma
You need to calm the hell down. Don't tell me to GTFO of anything.

Apollo
You used shimmy in a sentence. I love you.
Thanks given by:
You are spamming to much in the forum, MorganKell.... If you are able to help, then help. If you are not able to help, stop to spam. I am talking serious, you are behaving like an asshole.
Thanks given by:
I am sorry Brahma I didn't mean to be an asshat. I simply liked that part of tipper's thread and wanted to comment on it. You've been taking a lot of heat from a lot of people for things both small and big and yet you've managed to keep contributing. Thank you for that. I don't know much of a lot of things, but I really do like 1.1 now that I've finally got my butt in gear and downloaded it. Something bout experiencing stuff for yourself to really put things into perspective.

I figure I'm getting residual heat from your ongoing battles with the Drak Attack. Sure I've been occasionally trippy myself, but most of my posts are never meant to be taken seriously enough to pop blood vessels.

Best advice I can give you man is to chill a little. I know you're having a hell of a time, but it will do wonders. Take the forums for what it is, a gaming site for 10-50 yr old shimmies to rant and rave and talk and play and go crazy with other shimmies they met over the internet. I took the forums too seriously a while back, as Apollo and the TyD's remember quite well, and look what happened. If you got it in you to just let the heat cool down, and drink yourself a couple of cold ones, I think you'll be back to normal in no time.

---

Hi tippster, time to welcome you back properly!

SHIMMY UBER SMACKSLAM OONCEYDIZZLE .93 FTWIZZLE SLAMMERBAMMERHAMMER KONBANOWNSTANG SIZZLE BONGO TRIPLEPOST 1.1 UBERSLANG TIZZLEBANG!!

Missed ya shimmy, hope you enjoy whipping out the ownage ;)
Thanks given by:
Good to see you tipper.
* Gibstick nods at MorganKell and Brahma and Apollo
Thanks given by:
Woooooooooo.
Arnt you like 50 tipper? ;)
Thanks given by:
Cut his leg off and count the rings.
Thanks given by:
Well. Tipper. I see it has come to this. I NEED YOUR LEG.
Thanks given by:
Good to see you back tipper. Knew you couldn't stay away :D
As for your remarks about the carbine, I would almost agree with mykegregory more, the firing rate may even be too high. It will take time for people to get used to the carbine, but once they do, they will pwn with it.
Thanks given by:
wb tipper
brahma gtfo the cheat measures wont last long as you most likely have an inside leak, time will tell.

more warning points for swearing where i dont swear? bring it on.
Thanks given by:
(26 Aug 10, 09:10PM)Bullpup Wrote: as you most likely have an inside leak, time will tell.

What is that even supposed to mean? One of the devs is secretly developing hacks? What evidence do you have to support this? Or is this like an old police show where you 'have a gut feeling'?

Better to use your brains.
Thanks given by:
Yes I can personally testify that Brahma not only leaked all his secret antihack info to me, he also tought me assembler and C++ to make a pretty much undetectable cheat from it. This is the reason I'm pretty good in 1.1, else I'd completely suck because my completely obvious 1.0 cheats stopped working.

Oh wait, this was taken from Halo's wet dream last night and is not actually true.

What I wanted to say... Bullpup if you have accusations like that I think everyone would like to see them backed up by some kind of evidence, there is enough bs being told in this game, and we don't need more baseless allegations of any kind.
Thanks given by:
the anti-cheat is ok, i haven't seen one in 1.1 so far, so i love it ^^, as for the carabine i think it's a bit too much power, but who knows maybe in the future we have some carabine "noobs", like we have shotgun "noobs" this days.
Thanks given by:
@Bullpup & Panda, I totally thought it would be included in the source. I always thought it would be a dumb idea to include that in the source!
* Ronald_Reagan marvels on how he always thinks people are dumber then they actually are. Also on how he realizes how dumb he is when thinking these things.
Thanks given by:
The carbine requires precision aim at least 2x, so anyone killing you with that will never be a noob. What I don't like about the new version tho is how they made the SMG a true noob gun (huge random spread, almost no recoil).
Thanks given by:
what do you call a noob gun
An easy-to-learn weapon ?
What you have against it ?
Thanks given by:
(27 Aug 10, 04:58PM)Panda Wrote: The carbine requires precision aim at least 2x, so anyone killing you with that will never be a noob. What I don't like about the new version tho is how they made the SMG a true noob gun (huge random spread, almost no recoil).

that's my point, not anyone is able to use the shotgun or the carabine so well, so when some people find a person who can actualy use the weapon they call him a "noob". now you get my point??
Thanks given by:
I think it would be a mistake to assume that because there are anti cheat measures in place there are no cheats in 1.1 and above.
I have seen two very obvious self advertised cheats so far so the system is obviously far from totally effective.
Unfortunately having an anti cheat system in place which isn’t 100% effective will tend to support those who do cheat and make eradicating them from the game even more difficult.

There is no such thing as a noob weapon; only noob users, if that’s the term one wishes to use.
Thanks given by:
tipper the obvios cheats you have seen, appeared only on recompiled servers (anticheat-less)
Thanks given by:
Is that so Kirin? You would of course know which servers and which players I had in mind?
Thanks given by:
no, I dont know what passes trought your mind, but i seen some cheaters in 1.1, and the servers were they where "celebrating" were recompiled, also those players i'm talking about, are already banned in this thread: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-543.html
if you can offer your valuable help by reporting new cheaters, dont hold yourself ;)
WB btw.
Thanks given by:
“if you can offer your valuable help by reporting new cheaters, dont hold yourself ;)”

Well Kirin, therein lies the problem, or a number of problems in fact.
I and many others have in the past reported cheaters, you being one of those being not only reported, but proven, yet here you are, on the forums and on the servers once again; makes it sort of pointless in a great many players eyes I suggest.

Then there is the matter of proof. Given the current method of proof is Brahma’s statistical analysis which as I understand it is incorporated into the game now, if it doesn’t detect the cheats in game and auto kick them then the probability of examining a demo using that same system and reaching a different conclusion seems remote.

Then of course you have to consider that if sufficient evidence/opinion is gathered to at least suggest that the probability of a player cheating is high enough to warrant banning them, then where does that leave the anti cheat system? It would seem in the above case that if the anti cheats systems effectiveness then gets called into question and judging by the current climate of banning dissenters or those who cannot offer “constructive solutions” rather than “constructive criticism” anyone who questions the status quo is likely to get dismissed as a trouble making troll or banned from the forums.

Interestingly the two self advertised cheats I saw are not in the post you link to and a number of other suspect players which I believe at least some of the devs are aware of aren’t either. However, it may be true that the self advertised cheats I saw were playing on recompiled servers; I didn’t check, I just left the game.
Unfortunately, its not the more obvious cheats that are the problem, they never have been, it’s the “discrete” cheats who use the cheats to gain a small advantage in game that are the most damaging imo and it’s these the system is unable to detect it seems.

There are those who suggest that by not publicly acknowledging that cheating is an issue the problem will somehow disappear, or at least drop out of the average player’s attention and be left to be considered and discussed by a select few on a private forum.
My opinion and the opinion of a great many who have experienced this kind of “private justice” is to associate it with some of the more distasteful regimes in power.

Now I’m not in any way dismissing the enormous amount of work Brahma has put into his system or saying that it isn’t effective for a great many cheats, but, like any system, it isn’t perfect and some way of addressing the imperfections should be considered and considered publically.
Thanks given by:
Uh, check it http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ch...sault+cube
Thanks given by: