Please
Can you add some kind of a cap to the masterserver restricting the number of servers simultaneously playing shine and douze?

Also, desert3.
Thanks given by:
This..is actually a good idea
Thanks given by:
While I too would like to see something like that implemented, I doubt it will ever happen. Its up to the server owners (via the maprot) and up to the players (via map voting, if enabled) what maps get played on a server at any given time.
Thanks given by:
d3 lol rly? Like the best map :p but ye some sort of restriction should be implemented
Thanks given by:
I had once (got a screenie somewhere as proof) 18 active servers and 13 with douze on...

Comme on dit, treize à la douzaine!
Thanks given by:
keel douze.
Thanks given by:
Please dont take away people's favorite map. If they want to play it, then let them play. We have a freedom to choose what map and server we join. No restriction please
Thanks given by:
Did all the de_dust players migrate onto douze?
Thanks given by:
I wish, man.

The frustration of having a decent game going, only to have it voted to douze? Maddening!
Thanks given by:
Whats wrong with people playing shine? :( My new maps almost done hopefully they'll like it as well.
Thanks given by:
I think he's just using shine as an example to convey some "overplayed" map choices.

Though tbh, I'm not sure how you can restrict public servers such that only some can have certain maps at certain times...
Thanks given by:
I like having the choice of the server where I am gonna play douze. Why would you take that away from me? There are many empty servers. If you don't wanna play douze, then just connect somewhere else. Let us douze in peace !!
Thanks given by:
Have official servers based on specific modes.
Dm server..douze..rat..etc.
Ctf 1
Ctf 2
Tdm
Etc.

Makes players play good official maps the way they were meant to be played. Then have a 2 or something on top of the server list..click and you see all the non dev authorized servers. Freedom still there but new players will be too new to know to click the next tab and start playing ac the right way.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 03:52AM)Nightmare Wrote: Have official servers based on specific modes.
Dm server..douze..rat..etc.
Ctf 1
Ctf 2
Tdm
Etc.

Makes players play good official maps the way they were meant to be played. Then have a 2 or something on top of the server list..click and you see all the non dev authorized servers. Freedom still there but new players will be too new to know to click the next tab and start playing ac the right way.
Then the servers with CTF will remain full and all the others empty.
Thanks given by:
This^

Plus people enjoy the variety of each server; monotonous-mode servers (barring CTF and TOSOK) would not be nearly as successful as the way the master list is now.
Thanks given by:
@wolf. If they use official ctf servers then thats two or so servers not just running des3 etc only. Still better than only des3 etc spam like currently. Might encourage some to try other modes too.

@shad only servers running are ctf gema tosok ftmp anyways. That would all still be there for those interested. You would just be presented with dev authorized servers first, designed to showcase all modes and maps(without stuff they don't want like gema and noob maps etc) and would be able to click to the next 'page' to see the rest. Lots of trustworthy admins available so hax etc bannnedddd, more variety in maps and modes and no gema etc. New players get affected the most. They play ctf keller and become pro instead of headshot city tosok noob for a year before finding out ctf exists. Then those 10000 weekly downloaders might stick around. Nowadays they download for a game their pc can run then play megatowers etc and ragequit.
Thanks given by:
10 bucks says this is now a discussion in the "elitest" forum.

I'm with Nightmare on this though. Some kind of way to subtly push the newbies into playing official maps and modes when their most vulnerable?

Assault Cube: Rohypnol Edition?
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 06:31AM)DrauL Wrote: 10 bucks says this is now a discussion in the "elitest" forum.

No.

Remember that max players is now 16 (iirc). So the max on douze is now 8v8.

This is something that has been brought up time and time again, and probably won't get implemented for awhile.
Thanks given by:
From infinite players, to 20, to now 16. Cmon guys.
Thanks given by:
Don't add any more restrictions. It's only down to server owners to realise that ac_douze is spamming the MS and do something about it.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 07:53AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: It's only down to server owners to realise that ac_douze is spamming the MS and do something about it.
Problem isn't if they realize that douze is spammed all throughout the MS or not. I've no doubt most of them know, but since they like it they keep on doing it. Hell, some servers owners even see all the amount of servers that load douze in them, and they see it as a competition on who can make the 'best' douze server that is always full. Players would need to realize that douze's gameplay isn't the way the game should be played, and we all know that is never going to happen :)

Anyway since the devs don't want to remove any officials maps for some reason, the map will be spammed in the MS until another revolutionary map becomes popular.
Thanks given by:
douze and rattrap need to leave thanks.
I'm looking at you RK.
Thanks given by:
Get used to the idea of them being official maps. Just because they're official doesn't mean you have to match on them.
Thanks given by:
tl;dr: It's the dev's job to make the game, it's the players job to decide if the game is good or not.

If the people want to play douze, they will play douze. If you add a restriction so that they cannot play douze, they will not play douze, but a new map will emerge as 'overplayed'. Restricting how many servers can run a map at a time is a ridiculously heavy-handed way of forcing the community to adapt the shape that you think is 'proper'. Just because you somehow convinced yourself that map restrictions will solve bad maps, you think that restricting the choices of the community is a good way to influence their behavior. It isn't. It is unnatural and ultimately annoying and will not attract anyone to this game. Yes, "It's the dev's game", but at the same time you cannot have a game without players. You must cater to the players to a certain extent or you will end up with an online ghost town. It's the dev's job to make the game, it's the players job to decide if the game is good or not.
Thanks given by:
That's what I meant. It's all down to server owners, their satisfaction should come from having a decent varied maprot and be a little bit more sensible to the damage an overplayed map can do, new players connecting to MS and see 10+ slots with ac_douze on will think that this is the best map ever and never bother looking elsewhere.
Thanks given by:
The solution is to publish few "official" servers (your ideal maprot) and keep them sticky on top of the server list.(or change their color) It worked with custom maps. The hosting servers are from your donators, please don't mess them again.
Thanks given by:
The Nightmare idea creates no restrictions or limits & lets the devs show off their game as it's meant to be played. Win-Win.
Thanks given by:
No offense to anyone (if you should decide to take any...), but ac_douze is a map that just doesn't work with ac's gameplay, imo... Fix the spawns, add a tad bit more cover somewhere (maybe even enlarging the map size a wee bit...), and the map might actually not be so bad. That's just my two cents though (or just remake the map entirely)...

@Cleaner, I agree with what you've been saying, and you're rightfully correct. Server owners do infact need to realize the fact douze is a map that is massively played, and in fact, spammed on the MS 24/7... It's just crazy, frustrating, and just... just... wrong!
Thanks given by:
I've been gaming in pubs every now and then and I don't have any trouble finding servers that aren't playing Douze or Shine. It's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. I think I only got Douze & Shine 2-3 times out of the 20 games I played, so what's the problem exactly?
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 08:14AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Players would need to realize that douze's gameplay isn't the way the game should be played, and we all know that is never going to happen :)

tell us more about how this game should be played...
Thanks given by: