Please
remove douze
Thanks given by:
...why do all these map-related threads all come back to the same old "remove douze" argument?

We aren't talking about map removal here, we're talking about how the servers can be regulated.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 08:22PM)Sanzo Wrote: remove douze

i don't see why douze should be removed (it's a good FFA map). Do you want ac_desert to be overplayed instead (as it used to be in the past) ? Maybe you'll ask ac_desert to be removed then ?
Thanks given by:
flags have been removed from douze for those who don't know. @SVN
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 08:22PM)Sanzo Wrote: remove douze

Sanzo for dev!
Thanks given by:
douze is fine for ctf, it is played in matches too... the only mode really bad for douze is tosok
Thanks given by:
^KTF douze isn't awful either :x
Thanks given by:
As for the 'don't take players maps away from them', no one would be taking anything away from anyone. Just that the amount of overplayed maps would be regulated and making them less overplayed, making room for other maps and modes, also introducing the great variety that AC devs have worked hard for to newer cube players. I didn't mean banhammering the shit out of douze like was done to dedust and ezjemville. All I'm really saying that, at least on my timezone, it's hard for me to find a fun pub to play. And if I do, it usually gets voted to douze or shine after a game or two.

Thanks given by:
There will always be a favourite map among the community, but i want variety god damn it. Pubs died a long time ago, the problem is that everyone was on HI SKILL it was THE ladder, once that got taken away people didn't have that go to server to congregate in, thus the in-game community slowly dwindled and stagnated. what ever happened to a thing called a set maprot? I remember when it was a rare occasion that a map was actually voted for in public play. If douze was removed from the next version would there be community outrage?, me thinks not.
Thanks given by:
@PolarHedgehog

@Nightmare, Vermi
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 13, 09:14PM)Edward Wrote: -insert unnecessarily long rant here-

The development process of any project, open source or not, is going to involve a lot of change. Of course, theres always going to be a few conservatives that cannot understand that and have to whine about it endlessly on the forums...Sorry that we were unable to please you edward, maybe next time. ;)
Thanks given by:
I probably save a version douze with flags, call it "ac_douze_classic" and will sendmap to all servers in 1.2 (and spam-vote ofc) lol
Thanks given by:
Wow...

(27 Jan 13, 10:08AM)Lantry Wrote: tl;dr: It's the dev's job to make the game, it's the players job to decide if the game is good or not.

If the people want to play douze, they will play douze. If you add a restriction so that they cannot play douze, they will not play douze, but a new map will emerge as 'overplayed'. Restricting how many servers can run a map at a time is a ridiculously heavy-handed way of forcing the community to adapt the shape that you think is 'proper'. Just because you somehow convinced yourself that map restrictions will solve bad maps, you think that restricting the choices of the community is a good way to influence their behavior. It isn't. It is unnatural and ultimately annoying and will not attract anyone to this game. Yes, "It's the dev's game", but at the same time you cannot have a game without players. You must cater to the players to a certain extent or you will end up with an online ghost town. It's the dev's job to make the game, it's the players job to decide if the game is good or not.

1. a non-dev-community-member requests some restriction
2. several non-dev-community-members agree
3. those actual devs replying pretty much refuse the request, despite their personal preferences

I'm starting to wonder how much the-community-communities can exist at one time.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 13, 10:14PM)soldado Wrote: I probably save a version douze with flags, call it "ac_douze_classic" and will sendmap to all servers in 1.2 (and spam-vote ofc) lol

And you can be the first CBL for 1.2 :)

Edit: CBL = central blacklist
Thanks given by:
epic. but no problem :D
Thanks given by:
Slightly off topic but while it's about maps & stuff. Exoduss's post from proving grounds that shows official maps going against the dev's own documents/ideals.

Thanks given by:
Stellar has more than 1 route, dunno what Exoduss is going on about.

And large WQD's are acceptable in small/minor areas of a map.

What makes you guys think removing douze (or any other map) from the official package is going to help? Douze is here to stay, official or not.
Thanks given by:
Some of the new mapmodels for those who haven't seen yet as well.
http://i.imgur.com/PFHstrN.jpg
Thanks given by:
Removing Douze doesn't even make sense. A better idea would be the ability to use the mouse to select servers and a scrollbar that let's you scroll using your mouse through the server list.

It's not that difficult to implement, I THINK...
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 13, 11:41PM)Lee Wrote: a scrollbar that let's you scroll using your mouse through the server list.
Scroll wheel is too mainstream?
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 13, 11:41PM)Lee Wrote: It's not that difficult to implement, I THINK...

Well come on then, AC Source Modder.
Implement it and show it to the devs and you might get your idea put into the game.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 13, 11:54PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(29 Jan 13, 11:41PM)Lee Wrote: a scrollbar that let's you scroll using your mouse through the server list.
Scroll wheel is too mainstream?

I don't understand how it's mainstream?

(30 Jan 13, 12:48AM)Frogulis Wrote:
(29 Jan 13, 11:41PM)Lee Wrote: It's not that difficult to implement, I THINK...

Well come on then, AC Source Modder.
Implement it and show it to the devs and you might get your idea put into the game.

I will do my best =)
Thanks given by:
@Edward

In a nutshell: Yes, I am crying about that douze is shit and takes a lot away from the game.
Mods close this thread please.
Thanks given by:
@PolarHedgehog inb4 the lock
Thanks given by:
ac_desert > ac_douze

I didn't see the issue on the 1.0, the game had also some headshot city, ezjemvill etc.. map restriction made the issue even more important, cause noobs can now only vote ac_douze and noob@noob maps, and on the next release, it will be only douze cause the map restrictions are fixed.

I really don't want to speak about the majority/minority argument, just because it's bullshit, the majority is playing ac_douze so they are right because they don't know AC?

(27 Jan 13, 07:27PM)Edward Wrote:
(27 Jan 13, 08:14AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Players would need to realize that douze's gameplay isn't the way the game should be played, and we all know that is never going to happen :)

tell us more about how this game should be played...

The game had some projects, ac_douze overplayed was not in the list.
Now let me say the longest pff about your post.

Thanks given by:
OMG What people want and will play. These maps do not fuck brain - so they popular. Guys who play in the funmaps just enjoy the game. Do not like it - do not play on them. And stfu with ur fucking map restrictions, they need to be removed.
Thanks given by:
Could this be fixed by not allowing to vote the same map that was played in the previous game?
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 13, 11:29PM)soldado Wrote: OMG What people want and will play. These maps do not fuck brain - so they popular. Guys who play in the funmaps just enjoy the game. Do not like it - do not play on them. And stfu with ur fucking map restrictions, they need to be removed.

And this is why people don't listen to you.
1) Get a new fucking translator.
2) Give the people who know what their talking about some respect. Don't just come in here like your top shit and tell people what they need to do.
3) Leave
Thanks given by:
Indeed the "map removal" is not a good solution.
As Cleaner mentioned the best thing that could be done is that the server owners realise the "problem" going on, they are the one that can change something.
Thanks given by:
Nuts, the server owners just see it as making their servers popular and they want that.
Thanks given by: