ESL
Dafuq happened to it?
Thanks given by:
It got inactive again.
Thanks given by:
Again ... :S
Thanks given by:
(14 Nov 12, 08:11PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Again ... :S
Hey, at least this time people can't try to blame you :)
Thanks given by:
Why do I think they´ll do it anyway? xD
Thanks given by:
Im not even sure why it got inactive this second time. seemed like the same players (about 6 or so) were the only ones playing regularly. I don't think anybody in this thread even played it this time (no offense). Maybe it could get another go with proper support and advertisement.
Thanks given by:
They'll be a bit stricter this time, especially if it's only several months after it was reopened.
Thanks given by:
If we do give it another shot we should wait till we have all the kinks worked out, the next version is here, and we have guaranteed shimmies to play.
Thanks given by:
ESL Versus is played by Seasons and stoping automatically.

Summer Season 2012 :

http://www.esl.eu/eu/assaultcube/ui/vers...[country]=

We calibrated the setup in this first Season, which is simple now and easy to understand, also for players which play the first time Assault Cube.

I did forward in this time all tickets and issues which was sent to me, or things i detected myself. They all got worked out at the end of the season.

Because the ESL Wire Support is not ready yet for Assault Cube, it got removed temporally. So we need to wait for our new realease, and to hope, that they will make work ESL Wire for Assault Cube, so we can open a new season after.

From our side was everything perfectly and daily provided to ESL, so no worry about that we could have caused a problem for re-entering.
Thanks given by:
Awesome to hear!
Thanks given by:
(15 Nov 12, 08:56AM)MorganKell Wrote: If we do give it another shot we should wait till we have all the kinks worked out, the next version is here, and we have guaranteed shimmies to play.

I agree with this. If we want this to work we're going to have to have some serious dedication on this side before going to ESL.
Thanks given by:
@fundog: what exactly is the problem of ESL wire? I used ESL wire long time ago and I can´t remember having any issue with AC (had to choose it manually though).
Thanks given by:
ESL Wire is protecting now also Versus.

So ESL will only allow players with ESL Wire installed, which is at the moment only available for windows operating systems.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/wire

Adding the game manually is causing an error now.

It's a capacity problem of ESL to distribute Wire for Mac and Linux. They need time for that.
Thanks given by:
i.e. i stopped playing esl because in an entire day of searching 1v1 matches i played ONLY vs the 2 noobs who were exploiting the ladder, they were just staying in their position waiting me to shoot them, and after 1 really boring game they even asked me the rematch my gosh
Thanks given by:
Quote: who were exploiting the ladder

This players got banned and removed. It's the result of not playing with ESL Wire. Some people did think it's not administrated. (they didn't expect manual administration in Versus) They tried to exploit it. It was a bad try, it ended in a Versus ban for all games in ESL and an AC internal Ban.

Quote://Name: weR LurcH / taffgirl
//Ban Reason: ESL entering fake matches / ranking climber
//Server: none
//Ban Date: July 24 2012 - July 24 2013 / ESL BAN : Fake Account playing = 1 year ban
//IP: 79.212.0.0 - 79.212.31.255
//Proof: Master Server Log

http://www.esl.eu/eu/assaultcube/player/versus/3456298/

You also played against resident players from Assault Cube, befor you stopped to play. (FD, BoB, oNe, LC)

We also calibrated the played rounds to one played round.

Of course there are also new players from ESL which try out Assault Cube. That's the part where advertising start. That's the way how to win new players ingame. Beeing friendly and spending 2 or 3 minutes for them, to answer some question.
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 12, 12:08AM)fundog Wrote: So ESL will only allow players with ESL Wire installed, which is at the moment only available for windows operating systems.

Oh no, seriously? :S
Thanks given by:
I am already dealing with the ESL Wire.

The good news is, that we did bring Assault Cube on time to ESL Versus and succesfully played one season in Versus befor that barrier showed up (the second official Season)

We made this important step to keep Assault Cube alive in ESL. Without that, we even would not need to to talk about anymore about ESL + Assault Cube.

They have also other games where they need Linux and Mac support.
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 12, 11:11PM)ärkefiende Wrote:
(16 Nov 12, 12:08AM)fundog Wrote: So ESL will only allow players with ESL Wire installed, which is at the moment only available for windows operating systems.

Oh no, seriously? :S

What? So non-Windows users can't use ESL for AC then?
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 12, 02:22AM)fundog Wrote: They have also other games where they need Linux and Mac support.

Yeah, for example every browsergame ...

The funny thing is, afaik ESL Wire is written in Qt. Qt is fully cross platform capable!
Thanks given by:
http://www.esl.eu/eu/assaultcube/lss/aut.../rankings/

Epic fail tournament.
Thanks given by:
Tbh, I don't think ESL's structure will allow for a solid league for AC. Its nice that they try to cater towards smaller games such as AC, but the main problem stems from the differences that AC has from other bigger games. Such as how we catch cheaters.

I think something much more specific to AC would work better.
Thanks given by:
(18 Nov 12, 03:35AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Tbh, I don't think ESL's structure will allow for a solid league for AC. Its nice that they try to cater towards smaller games such as AC, but the main problem stems from the differences that AC has from other bigger games. Such as how we catch cheaters.

I think something much more specific to AC would work better.

Perhaps AC Weekend Cup fits into this in the long run, except of course it won't bring new players to the game. There are still alot of changes and improvements being made to it. To a large extent it can become what AC wants I think.
Thanks given by:
may get people to play tournaments who otherwise don't really tho.
Thanks given by:
we are not even able to find enough active clans/players to play a league or a cup more than few months lol. give up esl
Thanks given by:
Quote:we are not even able to find enough active clans/players to play a league or a cup more than few months lol

That's why it is a 1vs1 competition with Versus, to bring back activity in ESL for Assault Cube

Quote:Perhaps AC Weekend Cup fits into this in the long run, except of course it won't bring new players to the game.

Basically yes, for that, the section of Assault Cube in ESL needs to be reactivated
Thanks given by: