development of an alternative version of AC
Hello, i am working in a new version of Assault Cube.That new version have more graphics, and a campaing mode with the following features:
Graphics:
-Reflects
-Shades(of all solids)
-Textures models (that is a new idea for make more realism)
-Cube2 similar editing(You can enable/disable this)
Gamemode:
-Gema mode(like ctf but can't kill)
-New history and campaing menu
-New levels for the campaing

Models/Mapmodel/Textures& others:
-New player models(for campaing)
-New textures (for the maps of the campaing)
-New mapmodels(map...)
Editing:
-New interactive objects (that is a innovator idea)
-Interactive clips
Interface:
-New actions(i'll tell what it mean after)
Changes:
-/fb (option for the srv disabled)
- New server list
-Anticheat for the hexadecimal cheaters

Anyone who wants to help are invited.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 08:20AM)["sm"]Gael Wrote: Hello, i am working in a new version of Assault Cube.That new...

GOOD luck, it sounds good.
Thanks given by:
What's a hexadecimal cheater?
Thanks given by:
just keep the copywrites clean and you should have fewer problems. lol
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a huge amount of work, are you sure you can make it?
Thanks given by:
a campaign? WHYYYYYY
Thanks given by:
Less talk, more screens!
Thanks given by:
I hope you spell "campaing" correctly for the release. GL though, sounds cool.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 11:22AM)Marti Wrote: a campaign? WHYYYYYY
why not? :D
Thanks given by:
Oh campaign mode. I guess there's no harm to it (unless it takes too much time from improving the more important multiplayer experience).
This is very...ambitious. Many have gone down this path before, few have ever been heard from again.
Maybe you'll be different.
Good luck.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 03:44PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Oh campaign mode. I guess there's no harm to it (unless it takes too much time from improving the more important multiplayer experience).
This is very...ambitious. Many have gone down this path before, few have ever been heard from again.
Maybe you'll be different.
Good luck.

Thanks i have the history and the menu(Hard menu)(much of work) now i'll must finish the levels and the maps.
It's a complete history who do sense to the CLA and RVSF names and it don't kill the multiplayer gaming... I'll don't say anymore because i want leave you with the mystery... :D
Thanks given by:
Enthusiasm and creativity makes a good combination.
I like it.
Thanks given by:
rofl
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 03:53PM)["sm"]Gael Wrote: Thanks i have the history and the menu(Hard menu)(much of work) now i'll must finish the levels and the maps.
It's a complete history who do sense to the CLA and RVSF names and it don't kill the multiplayer gaming... I'll don't say anymore because i want leave you with the mystery... :D

I'm not familiar with AC's source, but I know that menu creation is pre-existing functionality. As far as I know, there is no existing framework in which you can easily create 'levels' in a 'campaign' style. You'll have to write a *lot* of that. So I think you might be mistaken in thinking that the menu is "much of work", and it may end up being, by far, the easiest component.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 07:02PM)GDM Wrote:
(08 Sep 12, 03:53PM)["sm"]Gael Wrote: Thanks i have the history and the menu(Hard menu)(much of work) now i'll must finish the levels and the maps.

I'm not familiar with AC's source, but I know that menu creation is pre-existing functionality. As far as I know, there is no existing framework in which you can easily create 'levels' in a 'campaign' style. You'll have to write a *lot* of that. So I think you might be mistaken in thinking that the menu is "much of work", and it may end up being, by far, the easiest component.
... So create a menu in AC is easy with the cubescript (newmenu command) but to make sounds and images and 3d images is hard.And the levels is really hard because i'll try to make levels similar to the call of duty levels....
Some many work...
And i do all myself, is not my mentqality to copy the work of others i just respet it.
Thanks given by:
CoD campaign? crashing helicopters and New York City under siege pl0x.

Gael, pushing Cube Engine to it's limits since 2012.
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 02:42PM)kleinkariert Wrote:
(08 Sep 12, 11:22AM)Marti Wrote: a campaign? WHYYYYYY
why not? :D

if i wanted a campaign id be playing CoD :P
Thanks given by:
i'm not saying i would play it. :D
Thanks given by:
About the thread title, you might want to make sure that you make sure people don't know that it is "Officially AC", even though "AssaultCube" isn't trademarked (afaik), you should use a different name for your mod that makes sure people know it isn't actually AssaultCube. You can say something like "A modification of AssaultCube" or "Based off of the FPS AssaultCube". This is the main problem with some other projects.
Thanks given by:
Beside the name of the project you have to keep the copyright in mind ;)
Thanks given by:
(08 Sep 12, 09:32PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Beside the name of the project you have to keep the copyright in mind ;)

Ok i know i must respect the copyright of the thread title (sorry for that) but i am really sure that can be a official version, sorry so much if i have bothered; if you don't want to have that innovations just say it i'll stop working; else i need support from all... I have made some helicopters models,20 textures models and the campaing menu (with the history).
About the campaing mode: Is a full conversion of my imagination but can be real history(it seem a real history)and the society have inspirations about you...
Really is a good history it make sense at all of assault cube modes and teams (CLA RVSF) and it respect the limits of the reality.I think u will love it...
Thanks given by:
Be mindful that you can't just walk into a game community and say "I am the new dev making the new version of AssaultCube".
Thanks given by:
(09 Sep 12, 01:08PM)Orynge Wrote: Be mindful that you can't just walk into a game community and say "I am the new dev making the new version of AssaultCube".

I have never say i am a dev only i have say i want to help to develop a new version...

(08 Sep 12, 09:06PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: About the thread title, you might want to make sure that you make sure people don't know that it is "Officially AC", even though "AssaultCube" isn't trademarked (afaik), you should use a different name for your mod that makes sure people know it isn't actually AssaultCube. You can say something like "A modification of AssaultCube" or "Based off of the FPS AssaultCube". This is the main problem with some other projects.

I understand what you mean but i don't want that be a modification or another game , if unwilling,i had not published here maybe in akimbo or in my website...
Only i want to help my favorite game that is the reason why i published that post.
Thanks given by:
Well, the way to go about that then is to release your own content. So you have many things listed in your project. When you finish each item, release it. For code changes, make sure to provide patches. Quality content stands a chance to get into the game.
Thanks given by:
I would like to see the end product, although i have my doubts about it. If it's good, then i hope u guys wouldn't mind a new dev ;). But, dude u have big shooes to fill. Like others said, pls mind the copyrights. Gl, hope u can finish what u have set ur mind and heart to. HF.
Thanks given by:
OK, so what we have here is no support from the devs. Gael you're going to have to get used to that kind of shit. They essentially want to see what skills you've got, but they won't add you unless you fit in with their vision of AC. Which, despite the fact that they created it for the masses, is so far behind what people actually want to play it's ridiculous. They should have stuck behind what was their bete noir in the beginning and let the haters die out. As it is... we've been introduced to the next best thing since CounterStrike and I have to say I am FUCKING TIRED OF IT. You had a BADASS game pre 1.0. You had a SURGING community who THRIVED in the game. You had game physics that not only played but fking WORKED and yet you choose to change it to what? This?? Nice. You know I understand I really do I UNDERSTAND. But shiiiiiiiiiiit... you've turned your backs on all the players who made the game badass in the first place, and whether or not you hate my guts for what I supposedly did to Clown, Apollo, and the others, you need to get over it and allow this game to return to the fucking AWESOME game it was and will ALWAYS be, in the hearts of us that remember...
Thanks given by:
All hail MorganKell. What a speech.
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 12, 11:01AM)MorganKell Wrote: Speech

F1
Thanks given by:
(10 Sep 12, 11:01AM)MorganKell Wrote: ...
[Image: rMT7w.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Breaking news

This just in, Unknown ac user Sarin died in a tragic fire next week.

[11:51] <@|KH|failure> my comments on the posts following morgan's:
[11:51] <@|KH|failure> the end of the world is nigh
[11:51] <@|KH|failure> indeed the end is nigh
[11:51] <@|KH|failure> for the masses have not come to destroy MorganKell
[11:52] <@|KH|failure> they have come to praise him
[11:52] <@|KH|failure> and to celebrate his wisdom

Hearts (and) minds MK, heartsandminds.
Thanks given by: