Quote:The real task in T/OSOK is to confuse the enemy highly, because if this
works, your opponent’s strategy breaks. As long as your enemy remains
focused and not confused about what is going on, he remains highly
dangerous. Keep in mind though, there are ways to confuse the enemy –
and yes, there are ways to put him into a bad light, however, these
tactics are risky and require much training to be successful. Bad players
do not fall for these tricks, because they do not even know that they
exist.

This is far too true and one of the main reasons why so many noobs in pubs just run towards you like retards when you turn a corner or go through a doorway. Nice guide.
Thanks given by:
page 23 edited!
Thanks given by:
page 12 edited!
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 12, 08:45PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: v11
v41
v63
v62
^^ v63

And i would DL this if my laptop could acctually open PDF's. grrrr
Thanks given by:
Haha never could've imagine you can write so much about OSOK. Excellent job!

Though a little too technical at some parts, like someone will actually learn to play osok good by doing math while playing? I'd say it's just a skill you develop through playing, not using your calculator during games :P

Also, big thanks for the command list!
Thanks given by:
This is kinda cool - nice work.
Thanks given by:
Can we be expecting a sequel title? Perhaps a CTF based book?
Thanks given by:
Great guide, must've been a lot of work...

But tbh I wouldn't call T/OSOK "the mode of all modes". The reality looks different, most players enjoy playing CTF games. I guess you took that title cause you like these 2 modes a lot so personal preference :P

I believe there's definately some strategy etc. in T/OSOK but it's a lot about camping (TOSOK) and spawns (OSOK) as well.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your nice comments - i appreciate them.

@Aight: You are right - the title has been picked out in an act of selfishness.
@MykeGregory: I could imagine, to write a sequel one day - but for the first i am
happy that i could finish this one. ;)
Thanks given by:
Well done, my friend.
Thanks given by:
ty Link
Thanks given by:
the motto of the book: no matter how :)
the configuration of the game shouldn't be part, the competitive players shouldn't touch on the configuration, it should be their motto, no keybinds etc. after noise chapter i almost opened Visual Studio for noise indicator on minimap :)
if you guys go to some real competition to some sport hall with pre-installed AC, you would fail in the first round.
therefore you should focus on the worst scenario, noise everywhere, prediction from the last opponent position, everything depending on map layout and pick up position and your move should be focused - control the map and that defensive style (not in open space)

Some chapters are good but with some i don't agree.
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your comment Alien.

But to be honest, i cannot follow it. The "No matter how" is metaphorical in it´s meaning. I am sure that you are aware of the fact, that the truth is far away from your comment:

"the configuration of the game shouldn't be part, the competitive players shouldn't touch on the configuration, it should be their motto, no keybinds etc. after noise chapter i almost opened Visual Studio for noise indicator on minimap"

I am closely related to you in it´s judgement - in general the configuration should not change the measure of skill - but as you know, this is a thought of dreaming. The Reader is adjusted accordingly to what is going on in T/OSOK nowadays. But don´t think, that i would like this - if i could, i would make sure, that all players had to play with same settings.

I just lift the lid on where the differences are and what changed settings can do. If you don´t like the setting options, you should complain to the developers of AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
Really nice guide, thanks for sharing :D
Thanks given by:
...thanks Vanqu!sh ;)
Thanks given by:
Very interesting.
I think I'll play again with sniper rifle. :)
Enemy at the gate. lola

Very informative and well produced. Congratulations.
Thanks given by:
...ty 1Cap.
Thanks given by:
...ty Bench.
Thanks given by:
The most interesting document I have ever read about AC, I really look forward to more, well done to all at TyD.
Thanks given by:
Nice job bench! I like it!! I need to jump less.
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
lmfao
Thanks given by:
roflmfao
Thanks given by:
@klein, Anderson & Jg99:
Thank you.
Thanks given by:
hacker
Thanks given by: