[T/OSOK] The Mode of all Modes
I don't think that t/osok has really any depth as a mode but props for writing this. Maybe someone finds it handy.
Thanks given by:
...thank you for your view pweaks - you know i like you.

But:
To think T/OSOK has no depths - as a mode - is the reason, why your name
is not on the legendary list next to RaMb0 and others who are aware of its
depths.
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 12, 03:30PM)Bench Wrote: To think T/OSOK has no depths - as a mode - is the reason, why your name
depths.

im better than those players and i assure you tosok has no depth
Thanks given by:
You are the best Undead.

Next one please...
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 12, 04:04PM)Bench Wrote: You are the best Undead.

Next one please...

sure, i'll explain why (t)osok has no depth if you're going to be a smartass.
players who aren't horrible will miss very little with the sniper, and simply becomes a game of whoever sees who first, or both players killing each other. one player might shoot the other in the back simply because of the spawns on the map, there isn't a way to actually read the opposing player until you see them, it just becomes a game of luck. i could go on and on. you could put me up against any player of sufficient skill in osok and every match will be close, but if the game was in dm/surv the lead would be much bigger(albeit still close). the only "skill" in osok is how you position yourself and your movement, but that applies to every mode in AC. im not saying tosok is exactly a "no skill" game mode, but it has nowhere near the depth CTF/dm/survivour have, and a lot of it comes down to uncontrollable circumstances

your choice of "legends" is just nostalgia from the "good old days". the top tier of players who play today would slap them silly. in fact whenever these players have came back to the game(with the exception of rambo) they haven't been able to return to their old form.

if any mode was a "mode of all modes", it would be CTF, perhaps you only think tosok is the greatest mode ever because its the only mode you can do well at?
Thanks given by:
Are you deaf? I said you are AssaultCube´s best T/OSOK player - why are you going on with this senseless stuff?

If you are seriously interested to discuss T/OSOK with me, ask my secretary
for an appointment.

Now su and don´t waste my time.

Ty.
Thanks given by:
Ha, secretary...
I love how there's a TL;DR at the end of every chapter.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, but what means TL;DR?
Thanks given by:
Very nice guide, glad I could help out with its production.

(07 Aug 12, 04:33PM)Undead Wrote: sure, i'll explain why (t)osok has no depth if you're going to be a smartass.

if any mode was a "mode of all modes", it would be CTF, perhaps you only think tosok is the greatest mode ever because its the only mode you can do well at?

Just pm him if you want to get a rise out of him so bad, Undead, no need to turn this into something it isn't. If you are going to argue a point, argue the point. No need to add the personal attacks to the person making the point, no matter how subtle you think they are. I didn't mean to single you out, but using you as an example because your responses are more considerable than 'lol'.

Anyways, each mode provides value if you look hard enough. Regardless of my personal preference for modes, this guide is handy and should definitely be read by players wanting to learn the game. If anything, hopefully it piques interest in people to contribute in similar ways to the development of this game.

EDIT: Tl;DR is the abbreviation for Too Long ; Didn't Read. It's used to summarize a lengthy article
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 12, 04:49PM)Bench Wrote: Are you deaf? I said you are AssaultCube´s best T/OSOK player - why are you going on with this senseless stuff?

If you are seriously interested to discuss T/OSOK with me, ask my secretary
for an appointment.

Now su and don´t waste my time.

Ty.

it seems you don't respond to anything besides "nice guide"
Thanks given by:
I like to play a game of t/osok every now and then BUT only because it's fun and relaxing - because it's a lot easier than CTF games. This applies for pubs and inter/cm's.
I think a t/osok game with two teams of great players who are used to each other as a team might be intresting to watch but nothing compared to tdm/tsurv and most important CTF or HTF too.

But nice guide! Lot's of respect for taking the effort of writing it!
Thanks given by:
ty Rob.

@Undead:
I'm happy about any objective criticism - unfortunately, I do not see any.
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 12, 03:30PM)Bench Wrote: ...thank you for your view pweaks - you know i like you.

But:
To think T/OSOK has no depths - as a mode - is the reason, why your name
depths.

i don't even believe any of these "legendary players of t/osok" are aware of its depths, as they mainly played ctf

only skill required in t/osok is
1) quick reactions
2) ability to put crosshair on enemy
3) not allowing yourself to get hit easily

thus why so many of the t/osok players are 10-12 year olds
thus why most of us began ac mainly playing t/osok

its such an easy game to play
Thanks given by:
it looks so professional, like a paper for university. :-D well done. I hope more people share their knowledge about the game and create articles like this one.

thank you
Thanks given by:
Nice guide.
<3 tosok douze
Thanks given by:
Nice and well-written guide. But you need to fix some parts of it in my opinions.
1. Last page, where you thank players, many of them have changed their clans. It's better to update it.
2. Legendary T/OSOk players part is useless in my opinion. They were the best snipers days/years ago but they have nothing to show against a decent player at the moment. As Undead pointed out, any top player can take them out easily these days.
3. Maybe remove player's nicks from images? Looks more like advertising :|
Thanks given by:
Sorry for my late answer.

@kingCHUBBY
You are not totally wrong with this. But every player has his own view - this is just mine.
Please don´t get me wrong - i never said that my view is the best one. There
are others and even better one´s for sure.

@EndGame
Thank you very much.

@Edward
Thank you very much.

@Sepher:
Thank you for your comment - i appreciate it, because it´s an objective one.

To 1:
You are right. I should fix this. But even when i will change the tags - people
will change their clans again one day.

To 2:
You are also right - but please understand me, that i was interested to show a few names.
Next to this, i don´t think that time is an important factor, it's just a stab into the history.
There will be always legendary players next to the mentioned guys.

To 3:
I can understand your view in this case, it looks like advertising. My ambition was to show some well-known players. Unfortunately, not all players are regularly in the game. I would have liked to have had more.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for replying.

1. So, maybe just write their names without their tags?! I do believe community members are recognized without their clan tags so it'll be a good idea to just write down their nicknames!

2. Fair enough

3. Fair enough

P.S : Sepehr!
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 07:28PM)Bench Wrote: But don´t think, that i would like this - if i could, i would make sure, that all players had to play with same settings.

You using /dbgtiles 1 assures me, that you really want that. You just use that, because everyone does. /irony 0

Would be interesting, how you use it, as you describe it as "aiming feature" and you list a lot of disadvantages after it.

Besides, on a screenshot you failed to cut, I saw this shadow-box, and normally it's filled with green transparent color, yours was fully transparent, how does that work?

Please cross me out of your paper, I don't want to be linked with you or your work, thank you, bye.

P.S.: @ Undead: you don't easily win me, that's why I will be crossed out. cya
Thanks given by:
Maybe someone here, who's ego is small enough to talk to a normal player can asnwer me this:

what does
/dbgtiles 1
really does?
Thanks given by:
Test it in game.
I had not seen this command before. Seems useless as if it wasn't, I would've heard of it before.
Thanks given by:
@Benson:
contrast - gamma / apart from some tests in past i do not play with dbgtiles - but you know this better.

I am out. Too many idiots here.

Bye.
Thanks given by:
sorry that you're not the hero of our lives now :x

most just shared their opinion on the mode... nothing bad
Thanks given by:
I did test it, and to be honest I didn't see anything change, that's why I asked. Need to test it more u.u
Thanks given by:
Change your graphics detail jack. The command is just useless and irritating to the eye imo anyway, don't know why someone would actually use it.
Thanks given by:
I remember using that once in a pub, and other than the fact you can see people a few moments before they see you (entities too), its annoying and ugly.
Thanks given by:
(12 Aug 12, 11:58PM)Sepehr Wrote: 2. Legendary T/OSOk players part is useless in my opinion. They were the best snipers days/years ago but they have nothing to show against a decent player at the moment. As Undead pointed out, any top player can take them out easily these days.

Nice post overall, I'm just going to give my opinion on this as the rest I'm ok with. I get your point, but that's the age old debate and its what I like about its addition. It sparks discussion and debate about an almost completely hypothetical situation between Old vs New. Happens in basketball, baseball, soccer, etc. Talent and the game as a whole changes over time, and there's no doubt people now will be included as legends at some point.

(13 Aug 12, 10:36AM)Benson Wrote: You using /dbgtiles 1 assures me, that you really want that. You just use that, because everyone does. /irony 0

Would be interesting, how you use it, as you describe it as "aiming feature" and you list a lot of disadvantages after it.

Besides, on a screenshot you failed to cut, I saw this shadow-box, and normally it's filled with green transparent color, yours was fully transparent, how does that work?

Please cross me out of your paper, I don't want to be linked with you or your work, thank you, bye.

P.S.: @ Undead: you don't easily win me, that's why I will be crossed out. cya

It's a TOSOK guide, and while I am in agreement about the practical use of /dgbtiles 1, it's there for people to use so why not include it and its pros and cons for readers to see and form an opinion on it.

Also i'm confused as to how you, Benson, didn't realize Bench was simply illustrating the command in the guide and not actually using it in game. I'm also confused as to how mad you came across as in your post, are you ok?

(13 Aug 12, 02:49PM)Robtics Wrote: sorry that you're not the hero of our lives now :x

most just shared their opinion on the mode... nothing bad

So you're telling me there's an opening in the hero department? Can I take over as interim hero?
Thanks given by:
no :P just thought that
Quote:I am out. Too many idiots here.

Bye.
soundes a bit like an act of defiance ;)
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 12, 07:17PM)Doogum7X Wrote: It's a TOSOK guide, and while I am in agreement about the practical use of /dgbtiles 1, it's there for people to use so why not include it and its pros and cons for readers to see and form an opinion on it.

Also i'm confused as to how you, Benson, didn't realize Bench was simply illustrating the command in the guide and not actually using it in game. I'm also confused as to how mad you came across as in your post, are you ok?

No need to defend him.
As I already said, he didn't name any "pro", just the cons. He described it as an aiming feature, I myself heard that it's partially used for its WH-similar effect.

Maybe you will be surprised, but he did use it for quite a long time. Maybe you will be confused, if you knew, what aliases he played with, and why he refused this. But that doesn't belong in here, it's just enough for me to claim, that I don't want to be linked with him or his work.
Thanks given by: