Ac fun-fact Thread
This thread's purpose is to share fun facts about stuff related to ac that you know/just found out. I'll start It off.

I recently found out that Ac's smg real life counterpart is the MPL.

[Image: MPL_BO.png] [Image: 4sZdh.png]
Thanks given by:
It actually isn't actually a real gun, however it may of been modeled after another gun. Actually, amazing resemblance.
Thanks given by:
Gemas are fun!
Thanks given by:
Yeah i guess it was modeled after it.
Heres another fact the ac playermodel is slightly modifyed then the original S.A.S model.
[Image: uuvDF.png]
Thanks given by:
The pistol model is based on the USP. Look in the directory for the weapon sounds.
Thanks given by:
USP Wiki
Thanks given by:
The ar's counterpart is a Galil:
[Image: Galil_1st_Person_BO.png] [Image: k9S4M.png]

The snipers counter part L96 :
[Image: L96A1_1st_Person_BO.png]
[Image: Kxcfp.png]
Thanks given by:
I always thought the AR looks roughly similar to an FN FAL rifle.

[Image: fal.jpg]
[Image: k9S4M.png]
Thanks given by:
[Image: HBWIq.png]

M7A2 CS 'nade.
Thanks given by:
what is that 'handle' on the assault rifle?
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 12, 12:24PM)MykeGregory Wrote: what is that 'handle' on the assault rifle?

It's used to carry the gun.
Thanks given by:
Other fun facts...

- Some of the bots' names are a reference to someone or something: Sprah (Harps reversed), Karlsberg, Zeunerts, Lapin Kulta, Heineken, Zlatopramen (beers; devs must be drunken all the time 8D), Rotaredom Murof (forum moderator reversed).

- In ac_power you can find a picture of a tree, hidden somewhere.

- The potato-box mapmodel is named after the Cube Engine's creator (Aardapple).

- Some other mapmodels contain some sort of AC propaganda (the flat-screen TV is called "Cuber's", the milk is called "AC Milk" and the coke is called "Action Coke").

- The cup of coffee mapmodel is called "Verbal's Finest". The team's page used to report Verbal as "pro-coffee service" (not anymore though).

- R4zor, the creator of ac_sunset (official map) hid "R4" in one of the ceilings in the map.
Thanks given by:
Slightly off-topic, if anyone can direct me to a sound mod resembling the MPL's sound in Black Ops, i would appreciate it (or something similar)
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 12, 01:16PM)Andrez Wrote: Other fun facts...

- Some of the bots' names are a reference to someone or something: Sprah (Harps reversed), Karlsberg, Zeunerts, Lapin Kulta, Heineken, Zlatopramen (beers; devs must be drunken all the time 8D), Rotaredom Murof (forum moderator reversed).

- The potato-box mapmodel is named after the Cube Engine's creator (Aardapple).

- Some other mapmodels contain some sort of AC propaganda (the flat-screen TV is called "Cuber's", the milk is called "AC Milk" and the coke is called "Action Coke").

- The cup of coffee mapmodel is called "Verbal's Finest". The team's page used to report Verbal as "pro-coffee service" (not anymore though).

- R4zor, the creator of ac_sunset (official map) hid "R4" in one of the ceilings in the map.

now these are cool ac fun facts.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 12, 01:16PM)Andrez Wrote: Other fun facts...

Scavenger hunt?
[Image: challenge-accepted.png]

Thanks given by:
Is it this?

[Image: 9OyaI.jpg]

[Image: bjySH.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol, nope...

Thanks given by:
Lol Cemer.
[Image: Zp2q7.png]

Aardappel means Potato in dutch.

Assaultcube used to be called "Actioncube" when it first released.
[Image: 1tYQY.png]

Also why the soda can is called Actioncoke.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 12, 07:45PM)Think3r Wrote: Assaultcube used to be called "Actioncube" when it first released.
Also why the soda can is called Actioncoke.
Yeah, they had to change its name due to legal issues, since ActionQuake devs asked AC's devs to change it because of the similarity.
Thanks given by:
mine was creative :)
Thanks given by:
(At time of posting)
AssaultCube version 1.1.0.4 has only beaten version 0.93 by 204408 downloads with 1,371,555 downloads compared with 0.90's mere 7,114 downloads
the top OS's that downloaded all versions are Windows (Apart from 0.92 and 1.1.0.2 which are linux OS)
23% of 1.1.0.4 downloaders are Brazilian
Source

Hows that for fact filin'
but i'm not sure how accurate this data is.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 12, 01:16PM)Andrez Wrote: - In ac_power you can find a picture of a tree, hidden somewhere.
Found it!
EDIT: Crap, I just saw ShadowZ found it first. Curse you.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 12, 08:07PM)Cemer Wrote: mine was creative :)
Yes. Yes it was.

And lol link.
Thanks given by:
Fun facts:

- If you spammed huashuauhsuahshuashuas long enough in 93 you'd get kicked
- RandumKiwi changed his nickname from RandumIdiot when he got involved in the community (is that guy active anymore?)
- There was a time when there were no gema, twintowers, ejzemville, douze. (though there was ac_dust)
- You can create a secret passage by 'tilting' (dont know how its really called) a 1-block thick wall as low as you can. Looks normal from one side but stretched as fuck on the other.
Thanks given by:
In the original Cube game, the map message for douze was "soiree aux douze portes overtes"; "evening of twelve open doors" in English.
Thanks given by:
Also, Cube's douze looked more high-tech than AC's middle-east douze, and Sauer's douze looks like a Roman temple at night.
Thanks given by:
Just because it's in sand it's middle east?! D:
But yeah, the differences in the versions of douze are quite apparent.
Compared to, say, everybody's favorite map dust2, which looks generally the same.
Thanks given by:
Also, a previous version of ac_keller contained an empty room outside the map that was full of exit sign textures. Probably a forgotten space that now is filled :D
Thanks given by:
iirc if you were banned on the old MS (1.0) you would get rickrolled.
Thanks given by:
-Depot, Mines and Desert2 were the only official ctf maps back in 0.92 & 0.93
-Sometimes grenades used to stuck to walls in 0.93
-Players could get stuck to walls in 1.0
-In 0.93, you were able to shot very fast with sniper using the knife-sniper switch method.
- In 0.93 you could claim the master server for any pub server, and vote a map, kick or ban anyone you wanted. Just like admins now.
- Ambient sounds were added to AC 1.0 version, among with some new textures and toca's mapmodels.
Thanks given by: