Ac fun-fact Thread
(21 Jul 12, 05:10AM)sniperz Wrote: -Depot, Mines and Desert2 were the only official ctf maps back in 0.92 & 0.93

That is not true, at all. The official map list for 0.93 was ac_desert, ac_desert2, ac_mines, ac_depot, ac_complex, and ac_snow (and ac_depot was different then it is now, the pickups were arranged different)
Thanks given by:
I believe in 0.90 you climbed ladders much slower.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 05:32AM)Pi_Halo Wrote:
(21 Jul 12, 05:10AM)sniperz Wrote: -Depot, Mines and Desert2 were the only official ctf maps back in 0.92 & 0.93

That is not true, at all. The official map list for 0.93 was ac_desert, ac_desert2, ac_mines, ac_depot, ac_complex, and ac_snow (and ac_depot was different then it is now, the pickups were arranged different)

I said ctf, not all official maps.
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 05:32AM)Pi_Halo Wrote:

"...only official ctf maps back in..."
Thanks given by:
oh, i guess that does matter, oh well, might as well list the other maps too :P
Thanks given by:
(21 Jul 12, 05:32AM)Pi_Halo Wrote: (and ac_depot was different then it is now, the pickups were arranged different)

iirc this is the hidden official map "ac_depot_classic"
Thanks given by:
Back in 0.93 version, the scoreboard looked like this:
[Image: screenshot_1633709.jpg]

[Image: index.png]
Thanks given by:
in 0.93 Beyond Compare was full of players :)
Thanks given by:
ac_wasteland was the only official map ever to be removed from AC, I believe. Why, I don't know.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 02:40PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: ac_wasteland was the only official map ever to be removed from AC, I believe. Why, I don't know.

Devs, y u no tell why?
* Nightmare starts a jamz conspiracy thread.
Thanks given by:
ac will have atleast 4 new maps in next release. So far the new maps are ac_edifice ac_industrial ac_stellar ac_avenue
Thanks given by:
ac_wasteland = Best map for dm / surv or tdm/tsurv ever. We should make a rebellion where everyone stops playing ac until they put back ac_watseland in the official map pack. :D
Thanks given by:
Apparently it was overplayed.

[Image: Riiiight.png]
Thanks given by:
If maps be getting removed for being overplayed I say take down douze then.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 04:52PM)Mystered Wrote: ac_wasteland = Best map for dm / surv or tdm/tsurv ever. We should make a rebellion where everyone stops playing ac until they put back ac_watseland in the official map pack. :D

Is there any way I can join the rebellion without actually quitting ac?
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 02:40PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: ac_wasteland was the only official map ever to be removed from AC, I believe. Why, I don't know.
I saw this in a server a while back. COULD have been a MyS server? Dunno though.
Thanks given by:
Remove Wasteland and add Douze?
o ok
Thanks given by:
Add wasteland and remove douze <:D
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 10:36AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Add wasteland and remove douze <:D
And rattrap too. I still can't get how a such shitty map is official :S
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 12:42PM)Andrez Wrote: And rattrap too. I still can't get how a such shitty map is official :S

Would I be killed if I said I actually enjoy rattrap on 1vs1?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 12, 03:27PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Would I be killed if I said I actually enjoy rattrap on 1vs1?

you sure about that snoo? though i do like rattrap, its not a bad map for 1vs1's and it does look good to the eye
Thanks given by:
^ Also, my crappy computer gets <30 fps when it usually gets 50-60.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jul 12, 01:44PM)Orynge Wrote: ^ Also, my crappy computer gets <30 fps when it usually gets 50-60.

40-50 instead of 200-270
yay lightweight shooter game
Thanks given by:
You can jump 14 cubes high without nades, shooting.
You can jump 52 cubes long in a flat surface, shooting but without using grenades (or hax).
You can jump 52 cubes high using a nade, but more could be achieved (dunno XD).*
You can jump a player model (7 cubes?) without shooting.

*Maybe this fact is not entirely true, due to my bad memory, be sure to try!
Bonus: If you vote a map using the /nextmap function, if the match finishes before the voting ends, that map will be played next (unless the cast fails).
Thanks given by:
show proof @ 52 cube jump on flat surface.
Thanks given by:
Hahahaha, I have a witness! (and other one who wouldnt know what we were doing, my brother, XD) and it was done in coop mode, so no demo, :(.
If you are wondering who the witness might be, its HP, and he can easily confirm it, and you can go along with what I said and believe me or not, I couldnt care less, its a fact, and I have done it.
Anyway cause you ma buddeh, I can show you in game the techniques to manage it, maybe you could even surpass me!
But, you do need to shoot, I forgot, now I remember, edited original post, thanks brah!
Thanks given by:
How do you do the 52 jump? Put a couple of barrels lying down and run over them?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 12, 07:17AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: How do you do the 52 jump? Put a couple of barrels lying down and run over them?

That's silly! He went into edit mode of course!
Thanks given by:
I won't give the trick away for free, XD.
No, really, if ya meet me in game feel free to ask me, Ill be willing to show you guys how its done, but bear in mind its a difficult trick and I WONT be able to pull it off, for various reasons, which I will address in game...
Thanks given by:
I remember when some official maps had spawn errors.
For example, one time in sunset (1.0 I believe) I spawned in the fenced/clipped off part of sunset (it's right of CLA base).
The only map that still has this issue is power, where you can spawn in that crevice that requires a rifle jump to enter/exit.
Nvm. Crouch jump ftw. Thanks c4rma.
Thanks given by: