Ac fun-fact Thread
lies @ crouch jump. How that spawn is allowed, I don't know.
Thanks given by:
There's nothing wrong with the spawns themselves, but sometimes when you get put on a spawn which is being occupied by another player, you can be forced through a clip or wall.
On ac_power, the CLA spawn at the top of the ladder, by the nade, is often filled by a camper. Sometimes, but not all the time, spawning here makes you appear on the other side of the wall, in the fenced off corridor. There is definitely no spawn in the fenced off part. I guess we could just move the spawn slightly further away from the corner.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 12, 03:18PM)jamz Wrote: There's nothing wrong with the spawns themselves, but sometimes when you get put on a spawn which is being occupied by another player, you can be forced through a clip or wall.
On ac_power, the CLA spawn at the top of the ladder, by the nade, is often filled by a camper. Sometimes, but not all the time, spawning here makes you appear on the other side of the wall, in the fenced off corridor. There is definitely no spawn in the fenced off part. I guess we could just move the spawn slightly further away from the corner.

You could always clip that area off... Though it'd remove the fun of htf on ac_power. Yeah, moving a spawn may be better, though since I've played I haven't even had this issue. It's not exactly difficult to get out of, just a crouch jump on top of the barrels. If anything, it puts you closer to the armour entity any way.
Thanks given by:
Another fun fact (just pointing this out, not criticising) : In the final for 3rd, none of the players in the german team live in germany.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 12, 10:07PM)Mystered Wrote: Another fun fact (just pointing this out, not criticising) : In the final for 3rd, none of the players in the german team live in germany.

The most important thing is are they german?
Btw it is not the only senseless example. Next summer I will prostitute myself too and betray my country to play for another country like many did during this acwc. I visited Spain, England, Italy so I guess I can join one of these 3 country yeha. (I am criticizing)
Thanks given by:
Shall we create a page on the AC's wiki called "AssaultCube trivia/fun facts"? :D
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 06:25PM)Andrez Wrote: Shall we create a page on the AC's wiki called "AssaultCube trivia/fun facts"? :D
yes pls
Thanks given by:
@Edward : However German is their mother language, and sweden and austria are closely linked with Germany. Also, @cid is german but lives in America :D
Thanks given by:
(31 Jul 12, 09:31PM)Mystered Wrote: @Edward : However German is their mother language, and sweden and austria are closely linked with Germany. Also, @cid is german but lives in America :D

FAIL :D

horus lives in switzerland not sweden!
Thanks given by:
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/AssaultCube_trivia
Thanks given by:
As was previously mentioned, the guns look surprisingly like the guns from TimeSplitters 3, though it could be a coincidence as they are all very generic looking guns. I propose we kidnap makkE and torture him until he tells us what we want to know.
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 12, 06:08AM)Lantry Wrote: I propose we kidnap makkE and torture him until he tells us what we want to know.
lol, lets do it
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 12, 01:04AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote:
(31 Jul 12, 09:31PM)Mystered Wrote: @Edward : However German is their mother language, and sweden and austria are closely linked with Germany. Also, @cid is german but lives in America :D

FAIL :D

horus lives in switzerland not sweden!

yes fail, i meant switzerland, i always make a mistake on those countries, in english and in french :p
Thanks given by:
With the help of a grenade, your trusty AR and 100 armor there are certain platforms you can cross through...
Example:
Thanks given by:
LOL! Paul you play AC way too much
Thanks given by:
(07 Aug 12, 04:28PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: LOL! Paul you play AC way too much
No, I play AC with people that play AC too much, XD I think this one Sherrif taught me, but can´t remember, so props to all my AC friends XD!
Thanks given by:
gj m8 :D this is pro

edit : /offtopic fcking hell paul i saw your youtube vids, ur pro for smoke rings :o one of ur vid got 800 000 views lol. and your vid is also in a german song, i loled when i saw this xD
Thanks given by:
Hehehe, under which rock have you been hiding mah friend?
I spam my smoke ring awesomeness everywhere I go, but Im happy you discovered it on your own!
Leider Geil has 14 000 000 views, so you could say Im famous, kinda, XD.
Now go tell your buddehs you are friends with an internet personality, XDDDDD (jk).
But seriously, I fucking love smoke rings, Im hoping to buy a good e-cig to make a tutorial (I condemn smoking as a very bad unhealthy habit, but e-cigs are tha shit!).
But, that aside, I also wrote a guide on making smoke tricks which has almost 200 000 views! Check it out!
http://www.wikihow.com/Learn-Smoking-Tricks
Thanks for the compliment ma friend!
AC FUN FACT THREAD
Villegolas (best cig smoke ring blower in the world) plays AC.
So does this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/raslyle
EDIT: Check 4th video to amaze yourselves.
XD
Thanks given by:
Vanquish show your sorcery on ac_iceroad.
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 12, 10:49PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: With the help of a grenade, your trusty AR and 100 armor there are certain platforms you can cross through...
Example:
haxor
Thanks given by:
you can do it on ac_iceroad and ac_aqueous too.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 12, 02:48PM)Nightmare Wrote:
(22 Jul 12, 02:40PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: ac_wasteland was the only official map ever to be removed from AC, I believe. Why, I don't know.

Devs, y u no tell why?
* Nightmare starts a jamz conspiracy thread.

To be honest, I pretty much liked it as well. I don´t really know why you want to blame jamz. I´ll get in talk with some guys about it ... ;)
Thanks given by:
if wasteland would come back as an official map, ärkefiende would instantly become my favorite dev. :D

EDIT : and also @Edward you can also do this on ac_outpost ^^
Thanks given by:
@Edward & Mystered, why no love for:
ac_arabian
ac_arid
ac_complex
ac_desert3
ac_elevation
ac_ingress
ac_keller
ac_outpost (thx macm)
ac_shine (thx sniperz)
ac_scaffold
ac_toxic
ac_urban
ac_werk
XD
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 12, 06:44PM)Edward Wrote: you can do it on ac_iceroad and ac_aqueous too.
You forgot ac_shine
Thanks given by:
yes I forgot shine. I did not know about all the other.

Btw you can be stuck in the air during few second if you are pro (I will try to upload a vid on youtube if I am not too lazy) and you can escape from the rvsf base in des3 only with a double-jump
Thanks given by:
How could you forget about shine ed :(

Anyway my own fun facts for you,
1. Took me 1 month to complete ac_scaffold, but it took me just over 3 months to complete ac_shine.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 12, 04:33AM)sniperz Wrote: You forgot ac_shine

(20 Aug 12, 01:01AM)Edward Wrote: yes I forgot shine.

(20 Aug 12, 02:05AM)DogDancing Wrote: How could you forget about shine ed :(

Haha, I swear I tested in every map, and I was quite convinced it could be done on shine, as it has a "bridge" (this trick can be done in any "bridge" platform thinggy).
For some reason, I couldnt pull it, so I though it just wasnt possible...
Funny that, now that I have gone back, I did it at first try.
So I updated the list! And Ill be waiting for next release to add about the new maps [Including wasteland XD]

(And yes I know no comment was directed towards me, but, its my OP, so, suck it I felt compelled to tell).

@Edward, vid or didnt happen.
@DD Same as above, XD
Thanks given by:
You can do it in ac_outpost too :)
Thanks given by:
(20 Aug 12, 05:48PM)macm Wrote: You can do it in ac_outpost too :)
Ahh yes, in the well! Added, but I was pretty sure I had that on my list!
Reminded me of this:
No offense
Thanks given by: