Please don't restrict maps.
A lot of Gema maps don't work in the Svn, why should all the gema and camper map players (which I sometimes play but haven't really played much recently) get the shaft for the elite players who want every server playing ac_depot and such. I myself prefer to play douze (which most of the elite hate) over most maps as it's nice and open but why should the elite-baller-ladder players be able to dictate which maps everyone else plays?

Also, why are weapons being balanced around competitive matches? The assault rifle isn't very good on most maps at higher playercounts but it's being nerfed because it's too good at lower playercounts?

To be honest I'll probably quit playing when the next ac version comes out as most of the gema maps will stop working and as I'll be stuck playing ac_depot all day.
Thanks given by:
Look, a guy who I don't know shares my opinions.
mad, elites?
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 05:43PM)jockskratos Wrote: A lot of Gema maps don't work in the Svn, why should all the gema and camper map players (which I play sometimes but haven't really played much recently) get the shaft for the elite players who want every server playing ac_depot and such. I myself prefer to play douze over most maps as it's nice and open but why should the elite-baller-ladder players be able to dictate which maps everyone else plays?

Easy:

AssaultCube Wrote:Taking place in realistic environments (Example: Abandonded mine shafts (not alien space ships!)), with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun!

There are no "elite-baller-ladder players" that dictate which maps get played, rather it is a glitch that allows you to play these maps. They are simply fixing the glitches which brings AC back to being AC.

Quote:Also, why are weapons being balanced around competitive matches? The assault rifle isn't very good on most maps at higher playercounts but it's being nerfed because it's too good at lower playercounts?

I agree with you on this.

Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 05:50PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: There are no "elite-baller-ladder players" that dictate which maps get played, rather it is a glitch that allows you to play these maps. They are simply fixing the glitches which brings AC back to being AC.

But Gema maps allow one to develop their jumping skills. When I first played, lets say Gema_horror, I was pretty poor at it, couldn't even get past the start. Though after much time I can breeze through it in less than 2 minutes. I tend to like Douze also as it gives you a lot of opportunities to implement your jumping skills. Anyways, what's wrong with variety? There are plenty of regular servers, why can't there be any gema and unique map servers? Why do all the clan match players want everyone else playing ac official maps or similar custom maps?
Thanks given by:
Clearly these are very well researched arguments you've put out there jockskratos, these elite ladder players must be stopped at all costs - NEW WORLD ORDER NEW WORLD ORDER NEW WORLD ORDER!

P.S. The AR is OP in the current version regardless of the number of players, I take it you have not played on hitreg fix servers yet...It may not seem as overpowered with more players because theres more chances to be killed. That does not mean that the weapon itself is not imbalanced compared to the rest.

Also:

[Image: 15efg5d.jpg]

Lets do this shit.
Thanks given by:
Jokes aside he did make a valid argument in his second post, system compatibilities apart...
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 05:49PM)RealViking Wrote: mad, elites?
yes you are.
[Image: 103469d1316030180-dead-horse-test-dead_horse.gif]
Thanks given by:
The balance seems to be leaning more towards pub players actually.

Shotgun has gotten weaker. This gun is very rarely seen in inters/clan matches. Competitively, it needs some boosting/less spread. But it gets killed because a lot of pub players can't win without it and play on crazy 20 player servers with /newmap 7's.

AR is still the go-to gun for "elites"

Gema's aren't how the devs want the game played. So they won't care if they get killed off by map restrictions. Honestly, AC Gema's aren't done too well anyways. There is lots of lost potential. Why not get all your Gema friends together, make a 'Gema Cube' mod. Cube 2 Engine. No restrictions. No damage for getting shot. One gun, 'Gema Gun'. That has kickback 100x as much as AC's AR. Have players fall into pits of fire and burn to death for missing that critical jump. Imagine that! ;)
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 07:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: Gema's aren't how the devs want the game played.

Gemas are how alot of people wants the game to be.

(12 Mar 12, 07:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: Honestly, AC Gema's aren't done too well anyways. There is lots of lost potential.

Coming from who? How much time have you spent playing gemas in total? You don't know what you're talking about.

(12 Mar 12, 07:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: No restrictions. No damage for getting shot. One gun, 'Gema Gun'. That has kickback 100x as much as AC's AR. Have players fall into pits of fire and burn to death for missing that critical jump. Imagine that! ;)

The pistol is important in gema to. 100x more kickback? One or two shots would be enough to jump through the whole map. Pits of fire? I think not. Why make a new game when AC is good already.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 08:43PM)RealViking Wrote: Why make a new game when AC is good already.

Pick a side, sir.

You at one point say "Bla bla elite (whatever the hell that means to you) quit ruining the game" yada yada yada and now you're saying the game is good.
._.

ALSO

(12 Mar 12, 08:43PM)RealViking Wrote:
(12 Mar 12, 07:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: Gema's aren't how the devs want the game played.
It's the devs' game, mate.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 09:05PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Pick a side, sir.
You at one point say "Bla bla elite (whatever the hell that means to you) quit ruining the game" yada yada yada and now you're saying the game is good.
._.

Oh I thought only 12 years old used words like bla bla and yada yada, this is a harsh wake-up call. Perhaps you should learn how to read and understand information before commenting on people's posts. AC as it is now is good for gemas. Nerfing the AR will be bad for gemas. This is what I've said. Do you understand what I mean and do you understand that your post has nothing to do with this? Or do I have to get down on baby-level to make you understand?

(12 Mar 12, 09:05PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: It's the devs' game, mate.

Major giggle. Best argument I've seen in a long time.
Thanks given by:
You people are so funny

"Gema's aren't how the devs want the game played"

"The AR is OP in the current version regardless of the number of players"

"They are simply fixing the glitches which brings AC back to being AC."

Wait, whos fault is this?

Is it the gema players fault they were able to play this game in all ways possible for so long?

Is it my faul that you suddenly think AR is overpowered?
Why not release the game when you are 100% sure that its perfect and to your liking?
Does it take 4-5 years for this game to be "the way it was intended to be played"

Its better to release a whole new game every year? So when people get used to something and start to love something the way it is you decide to change everything and force them to "adapt".

"It's the devs' game, mate. "

they should make it private then and play it amongst themselves.

Thanks given by:
So? A lot of people want AssaultCube to be like CoD or Counterstrike or a bunch of other games, so should the the devs listen to them?

RealViking Wrote:
(12 Mar 12, 07:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: Honestly, AC Gema's aren't done too well anyways. There is lots of lost potential.
Coming from who? How much time have you spent playing gemas in total? You don't know what you're talking about.
You don't have to be a musical virtuoso to know a song sucks, you don't have to be some sort of "Gema Veteran" to know they suck a lot more than they could.

(Mael) Edit: Shitfitting removed.
(VenteX) Edit: Yup, thanks for the sanity check. Useless thread is useless; getting out of here before things get really, really stupid.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 06:09PM)Bukz Wrote: [Image: 15efg5d.jpg]

Like Bukz so elegantly said, this issue is very much over and done with. However, since you probably didn't read the whole discussion that took place about it (and I can't say I blame you), I'd like to make one point. You complain about the game catering to the "elites". I will agree that the players you refer to as "elites" do have the most say in the direction AC takes, but that is because they are the most active. The are on the forums, on IRC, and generally show interest in the game. Thus, it is their opinions which are noted, while the opposing ideas are defended by people like RealViking.

I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion, I encourage you to continue doing so in the future, and I applaud you for voting with your feet.
Also, try to refrain from using the term "elites", the elites don't like it ;)
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 09:28PM)VenteX Wrote:
So? A lot of people want AssaultCube to be like CoD or Counterstrike or a bunch of other games, so should the the devs listen to them?

RealViking Wrote:
You don't have to be a musical virtuoso to know a song sucks, you don't have to be some sort of "Gema Veteran" to know they suck a lot more than they could.

very smart person...

So we have 1. person who listens to old school rap and the other person who listens to classical music . Both think the others music taste sucks. But they both enjoy what they listen to and it makes them happy. So who is right and who is wrong? Your whole argument is faulty because Viking already likes gema therefor it cant suck for him and you will never be able to convince him that it sucks. Same goes for the majority of ac players not the "most active" ass kissers here. Majority of ac players either like gema or dont care and are not militant against everything it stands for.

And dont make me start talking about food tastes...

Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 09:28PM)VenteX Wrote: So? A lot of people want AssaultCube to be like CoD or Counterstrike or a bunch of other games, so should the the devs listen to them?

If they're a majority then yes of course. ?

Edit: Shitfitting removed. You suck at trolling. You are no viking.
Edit: Whoever edited my post sucks at being a mod since he removed too many lines. In fact, he probably sucks at life to since he has to be "rude" in his edits. Consider to gtfo.
Edit: It says right at the top who edited it. In any case, take a break from posting.
Thanks given by:
why cant different players play on different servers it doesnt hurt anyone if some people are playing on 1 or 2 good gema servers
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 10:08PM)TripleENTENTE Wrote: why cant different players play on different servers it doesnt hurt anyone if some people are playing on 1 or 2 good gema servers

Exactly, I wonder the same thing.

Also jock, most gema maps will stop working, so when time comes
Ill do my best to fix the good ones. New gema maps will probably be made.
Will the maps be better looking or not? im not sure. If you ask me they will probably be less skilled gema player friendly and more noob gema player friendly. So basically maps will be even more shitty then they are now:D But im just guessing, doesnt have to be like that.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 05:43PM)jockskratos Wrote: ...I myself prefer to play douze...
Thats the first problem ;)
(12 Mar 12, 05:43PM)jockskratos Wrote: ...Also, why are weapons being balanced around competitive matches?
Without weapon balancing the game would turn to shit. Any game would
(12 Mar 12, 05:43PM)jockskratos Wrote: To be honest I'll probably quit playing when the next ac version comes out as most of the gema maps will stop working and as I'll be stuck playing ac_depot all day.
lol. Because Douze isnt overplayed at all is it? haha.
Thanks given by:
GEMA lovers:
If you care so much, run your own masterserver for GEMA servers. Release AC GEMA version and get rid of the map restrictions. Create your own community and make your own game.

Then, when you have taken the time to program the game, market it to the point where 15 000 people download it a week, and have your own community, you can do what you like.

Until then, the people who have put in all the effort to get AC where it is today will continue doing what they are doing.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 07:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: One gun, 'Gema Gun'. That has kickback 100x as much as AC's AR.
100x more kickback? One or two shots would be enough to jump through the whole map.
Point was. Why rifle jump ten feet with no skill when you can jump a mile, around corners and other obstacles non-stop. ;o
Unless Gema players don't have the skill for that. :)

(12 Mar 12, 10:29PM)Zarj Wrote: Epic Post

Thanks given by:
Things change in life, learn to adapt and accept the change or you will die a bitter old person that nobody likes. Don't take this as an insult, it's just my opinion based on what I have seen.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 11:20PM)Nightmare Wrote: Point was. Why rifle jump ten feet with no skill when you can jump a mile, around corners and other obstacles non-stop. ;o

No skill? Yeah right, I doubt you'd be able to beat Gema_horror, Gema_parkour and all that good stuff.

@Mikegregory Douze is a bit of a spam fest at high playercounts but I enjoy it as I greatly prefer those ranges, I despise a lot of the other official maps as they feel too cramped. Also there's a lot of ways to riflejump and show your jumping skills on douze. Eg. At Cla base: Jump to the center platform from the flag, then jump diagonally to the back left to the kevlar. Also, you can get to the health pack at cla base, then the health back at the center platform and then the health pack at the left corner. I dislike all those excessively cramped official maps eg. ac_arid, ac_rattrap
Thanks given by:
ill try to make a masterserver for gemaers
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 11:30PM)Jg99 Wrote: ill try to make a masterserver for gemaers

dont do it it will lag lol

anyways

This is one of those threads that is completely pointless and should be locked quickly.
Because nothing will change and the usual anti gema arguments are getting old.

Zarj.

Nice post! Too bad your "solution" still wouldnt stop people from playing and making gemas in regular ac version.

How about this:

Elite aka the AC "Illuminati" make their own gemaless version of ac that only has 2 weapons SNIPER and SMG. Then you wouldnt have trouble finding a server that doesnt have a gema map loaded and gema wouldnt hurt you in anyway...wait what? You can do that shit easily now!?!? Now i confused myself.
Thanks given by:
I really don't see why there can't be a "gema mode", in which everything stays at it is and bullets don't do damage. Gemas are what made me into this game (and a lot of other people), it puts a sense of versality in this game that no other game has, it's appealing.

Alright, maybe the devs never wanted the game to have this versality, they wanted the game to be just the exact same thing as all the other fps games, but with that promise "anyone with shit internet can play it", but then again, Sarin's post makes a lot of sense. The devs allowed gemas and camper maps to exist for years, it became a part of the game. Map restriction won't make them disappear, HP will fix the good ones (please fix jigsaw <3) and other mappers will find a way to create them.

Meh... all I did was repeat what others said (I think, most of the thread it's tl;dr), but since I already typed it out, I'll apologize for butchering the grammar and post it.

Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 11:36PM)|HP| Wrote:
(12 Mar 12, 11:30PM)Jg99 Wrote: ill try to make a masterserver for gemaers
Zarj.

Nice post! Too bad your "solution" still wouldnt stop people from playing and making gemas in regular ac version.

How about this:

We GEMA players are too lazy to setup our own masterserver or do any programming and would rather criticize the people who spend countless hours developing this free game that we play.

fixed.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 11:30PM)jockskratos Wrote:
(12 Mar 12, 11:20PM)Nightmare Wrote: Point was. Why rifle jump ten feet with no skill when you can jump a mile, around corners and other obstacles non-stop. ;o

No skill? Yeah right, I doubt you'd be able to beat Gema_horror, Gema_parkour and all that good stuff.
1) Didn't say they don't take skill. Gema's are the most skill the Assault Rifle sees in this game. Just noted smaller jumps vs. super jumps that would be more crazy/hardcore.
2) Too busy playing Assault Cube. <3

Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 12:40AM)Nightmare Wrote: 1) Didn't say they don't take skill. Gema's are the most skill the Assault Rifle sees in this game. Just noted smaller jumps vs. super jumps that would be more crazy/hardcore.
2) Too busy playing Assault Cube. <3
I too am busy playing Assault Cube and all its various maps. ;)
Thanks given by:
This:
Rather than this:

This:
Rather than this:
Thanks given by: