Please don't restrict maps.
paul <3
get on IRC more :D
Thanks given by:
I do not like gema... but I like twin towers tumba.
]:->

Anyway, it is good to know "a lot" of these maps are been blocked in svn. TBH, the requirements are still loose, otherwise you would not say "a lot", but "all".
Thanks given by:
Honestly, I enjoy playing gemas sometimes when I have nothing to do. It been a while since I do that, and to be honest I wouldn't mind for there to be a gema mode. The problem is that this game isn't intended for maps that make the player have to jump through it and pass invisible walls, etc. It's made for maps where people shoot each other.

I still haven't been to a gema server since a long long time ago mainly because of the vast amount of 10 year olds whining around and killing each other. I prefer a more mature environment. I don't have anything against gemas nor its players, but like Zarj said, if you guys really wish to play your games then make another game filled with gemas. No matter the restrictions, out-of-the-ordinary maps will be created, people will find a way around it, that's no question. The style of gemas will most probably change while the restrictions get modified, but in the end we'll end up with gemas that are maybe more aesthetically pleasing.

Point is, gema players should've already realized that as long as they keep pushing their desire for these maps they'll remain in the game, there's no doubt, so it's just up to the point of whether gema players will be open-minded enough to accept a change, just like many of us did when 1.1 came out and had to get used to the new balance.

/rant
Thanks given by:
Also, it may already be done, but can clientside map restrictions only apply to online. When loading offline it could give a warning.
Thanks given by:
I just don't get why people get so angry about this all.
Gemas exist. They will continue to exist (although perhaps in decreasingly enjoyable ways). Attempting to cut them out is just removing a part of AC.
Gema is like an inside joke: not everyone gets it, and it's not plainly obvious to what it's about or what's going on. However the ones that do get it, enjoy it, and although it may get old, people will still want to laugh about it.

tl;dr: Leave things as they are and go play LOLpong.

(13 Mar 12, 05:05AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: pass invisible walls
An invisible wall that you pass through is called a door :P
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 12, 06:09PM)Bukz Wrote: [Image: 15efg5d.jpg]

(12 Mar 12, 09:36PM)Lantry Wrote: You complain about the game catering to the "elites". I will agree that the players you refer to as "elites" do have the most say in the direction AC takes, but that is because they are the most active. The are on the forums, on IRC, and generally show interest in the game. Thus, it is their opinions which are noted, while the opposing ideas are defended by people like RealViking.

That is all.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 12:32AM)Zarj Wrote:
(12 Mar 12, 11:36PM)|HP| Wrote:
(12 Mar 12, 11:30PM)Jg99 Wrote: ill try to make a masterserver for gemaers
Zarj.

Nice post! Too bad your "solution" still wouldnt stop people from playing and making gemas in regular ac version.

How about this:

We GEMA players are too lazy to setup our own masterserver or do any programming and would rather criticize the people who spend countless hours developing this free game that we play.

fixed.

Again you missed the point. So i see you are a hopeless case.

1. DEVS practically "developed" GEMA whether they like it or not
2. The only reason you telling us "oh just make a new game" is because you know it will be hard and you are just trolling.
Masterserver we can make but i dont think it would work out and gema would still be more popular in official ms
3. Why make something new, when you have something that is working ATM? Some of us do have a life you know?! and almost 0 free time and some of us work in 2 shifts + study + do sports. But since you know all gema players enough to generalise them your statement that we are "lazy" must be true.
4. Gema players dont really hate on anything. Most gema players like fragging and gemaing. The only haters are people like yourself. We usually dont criticise the devs, we ask them nicely or even beg them. When that doesnt work.....
5. But you are funny! I give you that and if this whole super cool computing science student thing doesnt work out for you, you could always try stand up comedy. Youll probably get punched in the face more for talking down on other people, but thats normal for a cocky self-righteousness person like yourself.

Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 10:39AM)|HP| Wrote: 3. Why make something new, when you have something that is working ATM? Some of us do have a life you know?! and almost 0 free time and some of us work in 2 shifts + study + do sports. But since you know all gema players enough to generalise them your statement that we are "lazy" must be true.
And the devs have plenty of free time. They don't have lives or anything.
And using up all of your (apparently) non-existent free time playing gemas is great idea, too.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 11:55AM)Orynge Wrote:
(13 Mar 12, 10:39AM)|HP| Wrote: 3. Why make something new, when you have something that is working ATM? Some of us do have a life you know?! and almost 0 free time and some of us work in 2 shifts + study + do sports. But since you know all gema players enough to generalise them your statement that we are "lazy" must be true.
And the devs have plenty of free time. They don't have lives or anything.
And using up all of your (apparently) non-existent free time playing gemas is great idea, too.

Was i talking about the devs? are you blind or something? DEVS spend their time to "stop gema" and fix bugs. Where in my post did i say that they dont work hard or something? And i said almost 0 free time. I play ac at work when no one is looking :D I also study at work when no one is looking. And of course that doesnt mean all gema players do that, some smoke weed and drink beer all day. Omg i should stop replying to people who do not read.
Thanks given by:
jockskratos lol, you are the guy who posted this screen where you own noobs on a ac_supercube_twindowrs17.0-newmegatowers_editedmegasuper gema?
Well, cause of you i think maprestrictions should be here to block shit maps you play and accept real gemas.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, but i dont see the point in having a "first-person shooter game" where you arent suppose to shoot enemies.

Seems to me its about time to move on to (undress) Barbie and (dress) Ken.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 11:58AM)|HP| Wrote: ...
Ah, my bad. >.<
I assumed you were trying to convince people that /gema was a good idea.

But I am intrigued to hear the story behind this:
(13 Mar 12, 10:39AM)|HP| Wrote: 1. DEVS practically "developed" GEMA whether they like it or not
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 12:40PM)Orynge Wrote:
(13 Mar 12, 11:58AM)|HP| Wrote: ...
Ah, my bad. >.<
I assumed you were trying to convince people that /gema was a good idea.

But I am intrigued to hear the story behind this:
(13 Mar 12, 10:39AM)|HP| Wrote: 1. DEVS practically "developed" GEMA whether they like it or not

Srsly, my last reply to you mate.

Read the whoooole thread.

Thank you
Thanks given by:
-heheh gemas or not?.. well i don't really care".. But NO more maprestriction -Please!

I shivering allready... knowing that the new version will soon be released.. and that i problably will shut down 40+ and quit this game, cos DEVS or certain people will restrict this game further more.. :(

WEll... IF you want to kill this game.. -This is the right way to go.. (we don't want to stop you) correction: (WE can't STOP you )!

For ME and other mapmakers.. i guess (NOTE im guessing) :P... Wil problably get this game less attractive and we will loose (incl. me) and 40+ clan..and other goood , sweet , lovable players stop playing this game, and search for other game alternatives instead.

Im sick of this restriction issue!..

I can live with gun balancing stuff and vital issues.. but "maprestriction" is way over the line :(

Gemas or not?.. -Well People play this fine game cos it's funny and competative etc... NOT only for MATCHES.

Me i have playing this for quite a long time now... and see that this is going down.. at least for me?.. -Could be age too -hahahah

I try hard to make maps.. -which is funny.. But with more maprestriction?. Well im out and so are many of us.. -Damn sad development :(

Leave PEOPLE alone with their mapmaking and game modes..:)
IF people get tired of it.. -They will get back to your servers and game play eventually.. -They may find this boring after a while and find thier way back!

-Good i haven't typed this much for a very long time.. and my finger aches and i need treatment! :P
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 12:32PM).ExodusS* Wrote: jockskratos lol, you are the guy who posted this screen where you own noobs on a ac_supercube_twindowrs17.0-newmegatowers_editedmegasuper gema?
Well, cause of you i think maprestrictions should be here to block shit maps you play and accept real gemas.
I hate twintower maps. Also, Gema and camper maps aren't the same thing. I posted that thread in offtopic for laughs and to see what everyone would say as most forum-goers hate @camper. Sometimes I do enjoy hiding behind the enemy spawn and headshotting them as they spawn, variety is good.
Thanks given by:
Without map restrictions please tell me what incentive there is to learn how to properly use the engine to create maps that have both good aesthetics and good gameplay? What incentive is there for people to even learn what this engine's gameplay was meant to be like?

You just want creative freedom (who doesn't) - we just want AC. Either we learn to meet in the middle somewhere along the line (compromise) or things stay how they are. In all honesty I'd rather things stay how they are. I've watched many anti-restrictions advocates blatantly insult mappers/mods/devs/anyone they could just to attempt to get their point across. Sorry sonny but thats not how change is made. Call me an elitist bastard all you want, that will not make me change my mind about how crap maps has slowly ruined AC mapping over the years.

Want to be successful at mapping? Take 4 hours out of your day to make a MEGATWINTOWERS ripoff. You'll be a mapping god. Spend 50+ hours making a good looking map that caters to AC's original gameplay? Sorry but you're shit out of luck.

Yea...
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 08:12PM)Bukz Wrote: Want to be successful at mapping? Take 4 hours out of your day to make a MEGATWINTOWERS ripoff...

Pssh, that's an overstatement. If one of those maps took more than an hour to be made, I might actually be impressed.

we need more horsebeating gifs
Thanks given by:
[Image: 14832%20-%20animated%20artist%3Amihaaaa%...ponies.gif]
Thanks given by:
There have been contradictions but nothing has changed nor will except for the implication of stronger map restrictions. Please now direct your attention to Buk'z post or walk away.

Flame thread is flame thread

kthanxbai

Thanks given by: