aG 3vs3 Tournament
(18 Jan 12, 11:11PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Honestly, I think the tiebreaker map should be Depot, I think it's the most non-bias'd map, just my opinion.

It's still a little biased to RVSF and might become repetitive to play if we have a lot of tiebreakers.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 12, 11:11PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Honestly, I think the tiebreaker map should be Depot, I think it's the most non-bias'd map, just my opinion.

And what happens if 1 of the 2 teams has chosen depot yet?

A tiebreaker which changes from week to week is a good idea imo.
sunset (as in week 1 is balanced enough imo)

- Maybe it could be decided before which is the "bad" side of the tiebreaker-map. TSURV desert 1 round, winner can decide, which side he wants.
IF the tiebreaker is a tie again (by flags) the team, which had the "bad" side wins.

- Or the team who has collected more flags in the first 2 games may decide which side it wants.

- Or random: referee admin-shuffles the teams, and on the side, which more members of one team are, they have to play.
Thanks given by:
Some good suggestions there.

(18 Jan 12, 11:30PM)Benson Wrote: - Maybe it could be decided before which is the "bad" side of the tiebreaker-map. TSURV desert 1 round, winner can decide, which side he wants.
IF the tiebreaker is a tie again (by flags) the team, which had the "bad" side wins.

Different teams consider different sides bad. Some maps like ac_depot often result in ties on flags so it might actually be better not to pick which side with those rules.

(18 Jan 12, 11:30PM)Benson Wrote: - Or the team who has collected more flags in the first 2 games may decide which side it wants.

The only issue here is that some maps are easier to score on than others. I mean, if A chose ac_desert3 and won 10-7, B chose ac_depot and won 4-2, then A would get to pick the better side. But yet 10-7 on ac_desert3 is quite a small margin but 4-2 is a large margin on ac_depot.

(18 Jan 12, 11:30PM)Benson Wrote: - Or random: referee admin-shuffles the teams, and on the side, which more members of one team are, they have to play.

Currently tiebreak sides are determined randomly at the start of the week. This isn't mentioned in the rules but it will be mentioned in the match threads who will play the tiebreaker on which side (if indeed a tiebreaker is played at all).

Essentially there will be some minor issues whatever rules we pick. Either it will be slightly boring or slightly unfair.
Thanks given by:
Quote:If a player disconnects, the enemy team only has to pause if they are ahead on flags

This is cool. :3
Thanks given by:
1 round of tsurv desert, the winning team decides which team chooses first map. We have been using this in cm's lately and i think it is a good idea,
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 03:56AM)Roflcopter Wrote: It's a double elimination cup so you aren't knocked out immediately if you lose a match. Everyone is welcome to participate either as a group of three friends or a clan.

Sounds great! Hopefully I can find two people just crazy enough to play with me! :)

PS. Your title says "Tournment," as opposed to "Tournament"
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 12, 02:49AM)evanzo23 Wrote: Sounds great! Hopefully I can find two people just crazy enough to play with me! :)

PS. Your title says "Tournment," as opposed to "Tournament"

Best of luck!

Title fixed now. Thank you.
Thanks given by:
+1 mai, depot once each side
Thanks given by:
Not everyone has 1 hour rofl, you may have no life but some people do.
Thanks given by:
You know what, I'll give you a nice cool-down ban for a few days. Oh, and you can spare us that Tor shit, too.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 12, 02:49AM)evanzo23 Wrote: Sounds great! Hopefully I can find two people just crazy enough to play with me! :)
Are you calling us crazy? WE are crazy... LOL
Thanks given by:
If one side has already picked depot, then I say D3, as the next "fairest" map.

But then, my opinion of which map is the most fair is all relative, just suggestions.

On the off chance that both maps (Depot and D3) have been picked, I say Urban
Thanks given by:
ac_urban is clearly blue sided.

I would say shine.
Thanks given by:
my suggestion http://forum.aftershock-gaming.com/viewt...f=40&t=227 ^^

Thanks given by:
I agree with AtoMikK.
Thanks given by:
if you are truly the better team you could on either side.
Thanks given by:
We've added the rule to disallow ac_arid and ac_aqueous. All other CTF maps are allowed.

We now have 14 teams signed up so there are only two one more spaces! Hurry or you may be left out.
Thanks given by:
Probably not gonna participate in the tournament but i can help commentate on the matches if needed :> Finally able to use ts3 and I can already skype :D
Thanks given by:
I must say that all "hit-reg fixed servers" have stranges lag.

Take this as an exemple:

http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/20120117.jpg

I have a very instable 175 ping and both of my teammates have ~110
All FD have good pings, dunno why...

At the intermission we switched to hlin server (non modified one...)
And then look at pings! everyone have less than 65 (jako have 61 but he has a very bad internet).

http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/20120120.jpg

So please fix that bug, because it sucks hard.

I must assume than this problem does not come from the server quality because you can found the same bug on myys servers.

To resume: all servers who are allowed for this tournament are modified (maybe more that we think) and they sucks.

BTW: you can take this bug as exemple:
http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/20120125.jpg
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 12, 09:39PM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...

perhaps you just have a bad connection to the servers due to things you cannot control. i'm sure if hlin had the hit reg fix (which it should have), you'd get the same ping as you usually do on hlin
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 12, 10:13PM)Undead Wrote:
(20 Jan 12, 09:39PM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...

perhaps you just have a bad connection to the servers due to things you cannot control. i'm sure if hlin had the hit reg fix (which it should have), you'd get the same ping

So the hit-reg make pings problems.
Thanks given by:
The cause of the difference you notice is the quality of server they are hosted. VPS servers have contention with other users of them so spikes can happen sometimes. The w00p servers appear to hosted on either a very lowly contended VPS or a dedicated server so they are more stable. UK MyS servers are generally good but are on a VPS.

Signups are now complete. We have sixteen teams!

We'd like to start the games this Monday (23rd) but since we orginally advertised as starting on the 30th we want to check that no one has issues starting a week earlier. If you do, we'll simple give you a fortnight to play your first match instead of a week.

Summary: we'll start this Monday (23rd). If teams are unable to play this first week we'll add a week's extension (second week starting on the 30th as intended).
Thanks given by:
EX: deux fixed and not fixed ive always had the same ping.
Thanks given by:
The Tournament is live!

Click here for the bracket and first round match threads.

Match 1: Poland National Team vs Makes you Sick
Match 2: w00p vs Cubers-Society
Match 3: AlienWare vs Mafia Assassina
Match 4: Destroys Your Hope vs FunDog-TheClan
Match 5: Owning Noobs Everywhere vs The Billybobbers
Match 6: Beer Brothers vs Digital Reborn
Match 7: Aftershock Gaming vs Legendary Cubers
Match 8: Rainbow Frogs vs Sempre Juntos

You have until 5th February to play them. Good luck!
Thanks given by:
You should make a bracket so we can see who we can possibly play after we win.
Thanks given by:
http://i.imgur.com/p1UiU.png
Thanks given by:
Here the Measurement from FD*MATCH Servers Uplink :

[Image: server_uplink2.png]

Interpretation of picture :

This Uplink is in quality and speed one of the top 5 percent compared with the rest of the world existing connections

- The Jitter to this Server is 1ms on a measured test distance of 150 miles

- The main node from the Service is part of the building and the router is connected 3m away from it

- The Server for Assault Cube is a stand Alone dedicated Server for Assault Cube only and connected with another 3m cable

- we guarantee for an original and fair GamePlay on this servers (official AC BugFixed) without any unknown modifications,
that is what FD stands for since 10 years

- we give our best to provide you a high quality environment

Thanks, have fun, and good luck to all Teams in the AfterShock Gaming Tournament
Thanks given by:
Rainbow font color on frogs :D
shows off our higher quality than the normal black letters of the other teams. ;)

bob vs one is gonna be good!
good luck all.
Thanks given by:
How do we find out who is playing on what server when? I would be interested in watching some of the events.
Thanks given by:
on irc dynamite, usually matches that are streamed will be spammed in most channels. aekom's channel should be linked somewhere as well on these forums if he is the one to stream all matches.
Thanks given by: