Feedback/Bug-Reports for AssaultCube v1.1
I cant get the connect password on servers to work.

I've tried
-p match and -pmatch
(current setting) but cant "connect de.mysick.tk 21111 match". can you?
Thanks given by:
I dont understand how beta testing didnt catch these problems they are easy to find problems that got released without being fixed.
Thanks given by:
Oh I don't know, maybe if more people tested 9_9
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 07:36PM)Matasar Wrote: Out of ammo switch to pistol script does not work with 1.1 ?

About time they removed the weapon change "cheat" script.
Thanks given by:
1. Sometimes the gib sound on knife attacks is missing, dunno why

2. Language translation of the menus and the messages are still incomplete. Also several translations in german are spelt wrong or in a bad style. I was in the hope this would be sorted out before the official release. So we need a "service pack" soon.

(Btw if there is help needed for a correct translation, let me now)
Thanks given by:
1. Why is the map view when you press alt filled with a white transparent square??

2. Try using the low res option in desert3 and mots textures stay the same.
Thanks given by:
To change the transparent square use: showmapbackdroptransparency
Zero is the 1.0.4 style.
Thanks given by:
Is it just me or is the textures in 1.1 more pixilated than 1.0.4?
Thanks given by:
It's not you, same thing for me. When I get close to them I can see all the pixels.
Thanks given by:
Change your video settings to the max, then edit the settings you need to. That's how I fixed it anyways.
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 04:34AM)BrickSquad Wrote: and the one grenade is a good idea too, less spamming.
I was never pissed of spamming imho.
I think it's just an history of some players complaining because they were not able to play against nade-players and they couldn't play with nades.
They cried and that's the reason it changed in 1.1 I think :/

About the gameplay, I would say that it became a pickup-hunt. And a bit hard to understand. Some newcomers might be disgusted by the fact they need to shot much more than their ennemy - without knowing why.

And I agree with BrickSquad on AFK auto kick. I got auto kicked very fast, just cheking someone's IP in my logs.

But : this version has some good points. The included low res textures, wich is one of the best improvements imho.
The anticheat seems nice (even if there are some bugs ?)
The new weapon is okay

But I think it's now only an history of lateral movements for weapons :/
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 11:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: About the gameplay, I would say that it became a pickup-hunt. And a bit hard to understand. Some newcomers might be disgusted by the fact they need to shot much more than their ennemy - without knowing why.

Ac was always designed as a pickup-heavy game, just like the old-time fps'es. Or what do you think pickups are for after all? Granted, due to our stupidity, we messed up the armours and didn't notice until after 1.0, but it's now fixed, and works the way it was always intended.
Still, people still seem to be confusing this with a tactical shooter. I still see players just run past pickups as if they were mere decoration... what you call "pickup-hunt" is a vital part of the concept behind ac. Learn to control the armours and helmets, and you will have an advantage, just like in doom/quake/hl/cube etc etc...
Thanks given by:
Once noobs play for a while they will sooner or later figure it out that if they use pickups more, they will survive more. It's like life, you see something doesn't work, you change the way you do it.
Thanks given by:
In the mini map the flags are kinda shifted off its base. Same goes for when someone is carrying a flag, the flag isn't exactly on top of them, more like to a side. Here is how it looks.
Thanks given by:
(05 Aug 10, 11:50PM)makkE Wrote:
(05 Aug 10, 11:15PM)Luc@s Wrote: About the gameplay, I would say that it became a pickup-hunt. And a bit hard to understand. Some newcomers might be disgusted by the fact they need to shot much more than their ennemy - without knowing why.

Ac was always designed as a pickup-heavy game, just like the old-time fps'es. Or what do you think pickups are for after all? Granted, due to our stupidity, we messed up the armours and didn't notice until after 1.0, but it's now fixed, and works the way it was always intended.
Still, people still seem to be confusing this with a tactical shooter. I still see players just run past pickups as if they were mere decoration... what you call "pickup-hunt" is a vital part of the concept behind ac. Learn to control the armours and helmets, and you will have an advantage, just like in doom/quake/hl/cube etc etc...

The fact is now, the gameplay depends more of the maps because of this. If pickups are more located in a specific base, the game play directly becomes unfair. And I see players running everywhere to get pickups before to play : they can keep control on pickups and the players respawning won't be able to kill them easily : they will wonder why they have to shot so much to kill one :/
Thanks given by:
cant connect to private Server (error: incorrect password)
-pmatch
tried it over /connectadmin ip port adminpwd , same error
I have the same problem like MyS Panda has.
Thanks given by:
When typing /scopefov it says max 50 when it should be 60.
Thanks given by:
I don't know if it was already reported but I can't change crosshair (I get the "could not load texture" error message).
Thanks given by:
So is there no more custom maps? And why? I think the mapping is one of the vital reasons some people play AC and it shouldn't be taken out :/
and the words are to bright like when someone is fragged they yellow is really bright and other words to and they are fuzzy is there a way to change the brightness of the words and make them less fuzzy likne in v 1.0.4 ?
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 09:08AM)Reloading Wrote: So is there no more custom maps? And why? I think the mapping is one of the vital reasons some people play AC and it shouldn't be taken out :/
and the words are to bright like when someone is fragged they yellow is really bright and other words to and they are fuzzy is there a way to change the brightness of the words and make them less fuzzy likne in v 1.0.4 ?

... You can still map so wont take long for custom maps will appear... I guess you can also place ur old custom maps from 1.04 to 1.1. There was already a conversation done related to custom maps in 1.1, you should check it out ;)
Thanks given by:
I feel that the combined effect created by putting a new armor type in and adding pickups of the new armor on top of the old armor pickups and the nerfing of smg and sniper made the weapons a bit too powerless. The old weapon stats + new armor would have made a great game and the new weapon stats + old armor would have too. Both combined make it a bit too slow to kill anyone who has walked past a helmet, which is most players in 2:2 and 3:3 clan games.

Also... when I saw the helmet in the desert3 cla base I ensued in a mixture of laughing hysterically and crying :X (I.e. please consider changing that for desert3. And: I haven't tried it in teamgames yet, but desert seems to be rebalanced a tad better, even tho by feel I'd suggest removing a health from the well and putting it near the rvsf base which could also do with a nade pickup. cla should gain an ammo pickup in return.)
Thanks given by:
[Image: d2qq.png]

I'm mainly just curious as to what happened to desert2 and why.
Thanks given by:
Since this is the feedback thing. I don't like the new text. I prefered the 1.0.4 text, anyway you can bring that back?

Also, spectating is cooler than GHOST [FREE]
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 11:37AM)JMM Wrote: ...what happened to desert2 and why.
You can see what happened, and it was because a maximum height check was introduced to prevent excessively high (therefore, choppy) maps being played in servers. ac_desert2 exceeded this, so (original author) nieb was, as far as I'm aware, asked to reduce the overall height.

edit: I'm slightly wrong here. stef pointed out that the current ac_desert2 was uploaded, by nieb, long before the maximum height restriction was in place. It seems nieb just prefers the map that way.
Thanks given by:
I would like the 1.0.4 Text and text colours back, the current colours give me a headache after two or three minutes..
Thanks given by:
+1 to Shorty
Thanks given by:
IDK about the colours, but, as Toca said in post #8:
use command: "/setfont v104" to change the font to the old one "/setfont default" to switch back
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 12:26PM)jamz Wrote: a maximum height check was introduced to prevent excessively high (therefore, choppy) maps being played in servers
Hm.

I don't like the idea of artifical limits introduced to an already fairly limited engine. I honestly think this does more bad to good maps and creativity than it does good as far getting rid of crappy maps is concerned. There are so many other ways of making crappy/laggy maps (and these already exist in numbers), I can't see this being effective at all... masterserver moderation (getting rid of servers that have bad maprots) and other checks like ability to vote in a map only once every, say, hour or so would do a lot better job.

Another idea that occurred me is a (server-specific) map whitelist, where these whitelisted maps exist on the server and are secured like officials (so people won't try to upload shit maps with fake names). Then you could have a limit that allows voting in non-whitelisted maps only every so often.
Thanks given by:
I don't like how the shotgun gibs. Its bloody annoying.
And the sniper feels really weird for some reason.
Thanks given by:
Whenever i try to change crosshairs it says:
unknown command: concatwo
couldn't load texture packages\misc\crosshairs\concatwo
Thanks given by: