AssaultCube v1.1 Release
We've now released packages for AssaultCube v1.1 on sf.net;
get them from our release files page.

I want to take a moment to thank all the contributors and beta-testers for their time & effort:
Without you this release wouldn't have been possible, the project-reboot couldn't have gone much smoother - I'm very grateful for all the patience and understanding you've all brought to the situation. We owe you all a debt of gratitude. Three cheers for the volunteers!
Hip-Hip Hurray, Hip-Hip Hurray, Hip-Hip Hurray!

There might be a problem for Linux gamers with this package - see below for a work-around.
To check for the validity of your download, use MD5 or SHA1 checksums.
For Windows you may want to download one of these apps:
MD5sums for Windows or wiki:Md5sum to find some more links and background information.

Windows: (.exe)
MD5 : 4211e0296e2e8645915dcecb40c7fbd6
SHA1: 9da1db424da61eb5f63910d37f6fb0f8a8142170

Mac OSX: (.dmg)
MD5 : f23d4d58bd3619eff3ceab6a90dde6e5
SHA1: 01d400a89ad4ffe4207afbb100e30ecf47c24049

Linux: (.tar.bz2)
MD5 : a2b0114b56079ff3a1bdb200744200ff
SHA1: cb014c9beae64ea2526586438753284dc5ff629c

Regarding the mentioned work-around, if your linux box provides /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8, you will experience a crash when starting AssaultCube. We're very sorry for this and that you'll have to use BMP screenshot format, for now, but we promise it will all become better once we dump JPG entirely and use the much more sensible PNG format!
1) soft-link the v8 library as v6.2 - do this inside your installation folder
ln -s /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8 ./libjpeg.so.62

2) make AC use that library - put this in your assaultcube.sh
(on the line directly below CUBE_DIR assignment)
CUBE_DIR=$(dirname $(readlink -f "${0}"))
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$CUBE_DIR

3) make AC _not_ use JPG as image format - put this into your config/autoexec.cfg
screenshottype 0

A couple of small glitches have crept into our CubeScript/Menus too - these were community provided modifications that appear not to have been properly tested and/or double-checked - again my sincere apologies. The only thing you really need to change though - and only if you want to select a different crosshair by menu - is line 423 in config/menus_settings.cfg to look like this (means: remove one erronous space from "concatwo rd"):
You can also download a corrected version to replace your installation-dir file with or put into your game-home-dir, but for once replacing the installation-file would be "the right thing" to do ;)
menudirlist "packages/misc/crosshairs" "png" "loadcrosshair (concatword $arg1 .png)" 1

Last, but not least, I want to thank the gamers.
Without you this game would be nothing!
Thanks for sticking with us and supporting this game - even through rough times - from the plain public-server scouring newcomer and/or veteran to the clan-members and, of course, especially the clan-leaders who keep the community organized and happy by providing background-services like ladders, tournaments or media.
Thanks given by:
HELL YES! HF GL!
Thanks given by:
i'm getting this now.

i hope more people have downloaded it.
i was just in a game and i saw on my screen 'makkE: AC 1.1 Available.' or something along those lines and thought myself! i'm having some of that!

GG everyone. GG.
Thanks given by:
Hope all goes smooth!
Thanks given by:
Great & fast job. thanks
Thanks given by:
GR8 Job flow ;)
Thanks given by:
Sorry but i think there's a bug in crosshair, i can't change it
Thanks given by:
Sorry for this. Do this: open your saved.cfg and edit "loadcrosshair" manually.
Thanks given by:
FINALLY yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

GG devs, testers and involved people! ;)
Thanks given by:
Great! Thanks, well done! :)
Thanks given by:
Yay! :DDD
This is awesome, so awesome!
Thanks given by:
Crouch jumping is still buggy. Crouch should pull your head down when on the ground and your legs up when in the air.

Great work so far and keep it uPr
Thanks given by:
The small height boost in crouch jump was left in intentionally, for tricking fun and special manuevers.
Thanks given by:
wee, i guess :P
Thanks given by:
how long are you going to support 1.0 masterserver makkE?
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 10, 08:34PM)makkE Wrote: The small height boost in crouch jump was left in intentionally, for tricking fun and special manuevers.

It's not the height boost I'm talking about. It's the wobbly camera movements and possibly increased hangtime when crouching.
Thanks given by:
THE FIRST TEABAGGING IN 1.1.
CLAIMED!
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

[Image: firstteabag.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 10, 08:52PM)Mael Wrote:
(04 Aug 10, 08:34PM)makkE Wrote: The small height boost in crouch jump was left in intentionally, for tricking fun and special manuevers.

It's not the height boost I'm talking about. It's the wobbly camera movements and possibly increased hangtime when crouching.

Increased hangtime is a direct result of the height boost. The wobbling is hard to get rid of, and I feel it doesn't hurt much, rather is a visual representation of what's going on. It's not like it throws off your aim horribly or something.
Thanks given by:
re: masterserver for 1.0.4 - for a while at least .. depends on how long people take to transition; but actually, only cheaters will want to stick to 1.0.4, everybody else will quickly get 1.1!
Thanks given by:
Still doesn't work on Mac OS X 10.4.11 :/
Thanks given by:
Did you install X11?
Thanks given by:
How long will it be before there are ladder servers for 1.1?
Thanks given by:
downloading 1.1 now
Thanks given by:
I'm still getting the same problem where it's unable to create the OpenGL screen (couldn't find matching GLX visual). I've checked and made sure that everything that could be causing this is updated. Do I have to downgrade to an older version of anything to get this to work?

Edit:
my operating system is Fedora 13
Thanks given by:
Wow, great job everyone! Can't wait to see everyone playing this.
Thanks given by:
Good one guys, I hope it will rock :)

Announced it on AC News too.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 10, 10:20PM)Gibstick Wrote: Did you install X11?

Yes, but I'm gonna try with my G5, hope it will works.
Thanks given by:
Ksyrium, what about downloading the 10.6.4 version?

The same problem still. Both versions get combined :/
Thanks given by:
SWEET!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Im getting a few of these entries in the serverlogs and players disconnecting, what do they mean and is it a bug somewhere?

Aug 04 23:33:47 [xx.xx.xx.xx] disconnecting client blah (error - overflow) cn 0, 213 seconds played, score saved
Aug 04 23:33:47 [xx.xx.xx.xx] disconnecting client blah (error - overflow) cn 1, 185 seconds played, score saved
also i got banned from my own server
Aug 05 00:16:11 [xx.xx.xx.xx] disconnecting client {BoB}R-^-MPAGE (error - overflow) cn 1, 151 seconds played, score saved
Aug 05 00:16:11 [xx.xx.xx.xx] Billy{BoB} tried to pick up entity #172 (ammobox), distance 38.82 (1)
Aug 05 00:16:11 [xx.xx.xx.xx] Billy{BoB} tried to pick up entity #172 (ammobox), distance 38.82 (2)
Aug 05 00:16:11 [xx.xx.xx.xx] Billy{BoB} tried to pick up entity #182 (grenades), distance 34.12 (3)
Aug 05 00:16:11 [xx.xx.xx.xx] Billy{BoB} tried to pick up entity #182 (grenades), distance 34.12 (4)

Aug 05 00:18:04 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Billy{BoB} suspect burst subgun [anticheat]

Aug 05 00:26:29 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Billy{BoB} target direction mismatch 1 at 8.84 subgun [anticheat]
Aug 05 00:26:29 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Billy{BoB} target direction mismatch 1 at 11.64 subgun [anticheat]
Aug 05 00:26:29 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Billy{BoB} target position hack [anticheat]
Aug 05 00:26:29 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] disconnecting client Billy{BoB} (auto-kick - abnormal client behavior detected) cn 0, 607 seconds played, score saved
Aug 05 00:26:51 [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] client connected
and i'm running the windows version from SF.

Here is a link to the demo if that will help http://www.mediafire.com/file/jwhq8rzavl...29_1mr.dmo
Thanks given by: