Two Topics
I have two questions.

One: How can you call a vote to kick or ban a player? [/font]I can never find where I can exercise that option for I see people do that a lot.
Two: How can you set up your own server space and create your own game?
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 12, 12:44AM)KingKris1994 Wrote: I have two questions.

One: How can you call a vote to kick or ban a player? [/font]I can never find where I can exercise that option for I see people do that a lot.

First: you can use the console to kick/ban a player, to do that first you need to know the Client Number or cn in the score board. Then you need to have a valid reason to kick/ban the player:

/kick X(X is the client number) "intentional team killer"

To use more than one word you type it like that, many servers won't let you ban keep that in mind.

As for the Server part you can surely browse this forums since there's a whole sub-forum dedicated to servers, or read the docs that came with AC.
Thanks given by:

(09 Feb 12, 12:44AM)KingKris1994 Wrote: I have two questions.

First: /kick or /ban "cn number" "reason"

Second: Read the Docs and use the WiKi
Thanks given by:
Oh and I also have a notification too.
Thanks given by:
What sort of notification?
Thanks given by:
I've seen two racists on the game. I couldn't ban or kick them because I didn't know how and I'm trying to figure that out and still don't know how.

RacistNiggerKKK
NigerPasteKKK

The bottom one I saw today but he was on sporadically and the other I saw a couple of weeks ago. I've also been call the N word a couple of times by one person when I fragged him but they booted him off for me.
Thanks given by:
If this happens, get a partial IP address with the
/whois cn
command.
Then, at the end of the game, try to get a demo too (press F10 IIRC).
Nobody wants racism here. Getting and posting (on the blacklist thread) this information could help to remove them :)
Thanks given by:
Honestly KingKris1994 I suggest you to get a lot more acquainted with the AC documentations and the whole bunch of commands before even thinking of setting up a server of your own (they are way too many servers already anyway).
You'll obviously will need to secure it, run it smoothly, check logs, report all sorts of unacceptable behaviours aso aso, you will certainly find players eager to give you an helping hand but in all it is still a tough job to run a decent and respectable server.

Edit: Thanks to DES|Opensource for providing (in next post) the link I forgot to add :p
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube Documentation
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 12, 10:24AM)KingKris1994 Wrote: ...RacistNiggerKKK
NigerPasteKKK...
Already dealt with here

Thanks given by:
Okay I still need some help with the kicking/banning part.
Thanks given by:
Which part of jAcKRoCk's reply didn't you understand?
Thanks given by:
I understand but how do type it? Is there a certain feature I need to have, a button/ shortcut keyboard move? That's the hard part.
Thanks given by:
Type into chat. Don't forget the '/' :)
Thanks given by:
First you may wanna press TAB to look at scoreboard and cn for the player you wanna kick/ban.

Then press T to enter chat.
Type:
/kick cn "add reason for kick vote here"
/ban cn "add reason for ban vote here".

Like: /kick 7 "intentional teamkiller and racist"
Thanks given by:
You put the slash the same way you do normally, just put it in front of everything press T and inmediately type your kick/ban as OS told you.
Thanks given by:
Okay I'll keep this page up for next time I play the game. Thanks for the clarification.
Thanks given by:
Alternatively you can press the tilde button to open up the console, then type in the kick procedure that has been clarified numerous times above.

Welcome to AC, sorry that you ran into people like this. Rest assured that most people in this community think the way you do, and want to rid this game of trolls, mean beans, and racists.
Thanks given by:
Don't forget the intentional team killers, laggers, spambots, and aimbots.
Thanks given by:
And the occasional nade from me even if you're on my team lol
Thanks given by:
Welcome to AC!
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 12, 12:56AM)CaptainAhab Wrote: trolls [and] mean beans.

wat

Thanks given by:
Still having trouble.
Thanks given by:
What is the tilde button?
Thanks given by:
"~"
Thanks given by:
Well they're back.
Thanks given by:
Still can't get it to work.
Thanks given by:
What can't you get to work?
We need lots of information about your problem.
Thanks given by:
Perhaps you need to read the docs dude, every copy of AC comes with a HTML file you can read and learn tons of stuff.

How hard is to get to know this:

/kick or ban cn "Valid Reason"

That's all you need to kick someone, as we already told you you can find the client number just to the right of the player's name.

Like this:

Name ping/pj Client Number Frags Deaths

Unarmed 98/0 6 1000 0
Thanks given by: