Poll: Is the /stopclock command a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.30%
42 91.30%
No
8.70%
4 8.70%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

/stopclock command.
+1 for the idea!
Thanks given by:
.ExodusS* Wrote:This is because your post and Felix-The-Ghost Online 's one is wrong (:D)

Copy + paste fail :P

Also I still don't get it -- is it because AC's a computer game we assume people lag out or something? Do other shooters have this (I played CoD for like a year on the PSN and don't recall it having sympathy for people disconnecting unless it was the host)

Append: I guess I don't really care if it's in (though I don't see much use for it) but I do not want people abusing/imposing this feature on me in public matches :x Private only.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 08:44PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Also I still don't get it -- is it because AC's a computer game we assume people lag out or something? Do other shooters have this (I played CoD for like a year on the PSN and don't recall it having sympathy for people disconnecting unless it was the host)

AC is such a forgiving game in the sense of ping and lag. The enet framework was made to make it such forgiving, so games could be played by people with dialup. Usually it is the people with dialup that will lag out of the game. It is more tradition than anything to stop when a team is a member short. I dont know how other games are, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Its not like they want to lag out, or they really have a lot of control over it. You will also notice that no one gets stellar ping everywhere, the Aussies (and NZ folks) have it the worst sometimes, as almost no servers are in the area.
Thanks given by:
I love this idea. We symbolically do it anyway, but let's drive it in so people who don't use this tradition can't have an advantage over the nice guys.
Thanks given by:
I guess I've never observed a player lagging out for more than a brief moment, if not chronically lagging to a very un-enjoyable point -- in which case the game would be "paused" for the majority of the time with this new feature.

Now I think I see a point to this, but I still don't see the urgency (I have a horrible internet connection myself). And again, vote only, private only :)
Thanks given by:
Ofc private only ;)
The thing is when the player actually disconnects during the match. Not for just when the scoreboard says "LAG"
Thanks given by:
Somewhat related: I wish servers you and a party voted for a private game in would remember your IP address if you accidentally disconnected/lagged out so you can join back in (Can't tell you how many times this happened and I had no way to tell them to switch it back to public so I could return :/)
Thanks given by:
/mastermode 2

:D
Thanks given by:
trolololol :D
Thanks given by:
Really like the sound of this idea. In my personal experience, sometimes I feel winning teams need to go "STOP STOP" so they can stall time and win.

But as other posters have said, I can see people abusing this function. Even in a 3v3 match with pro players, what if one is thirsty and takes advantage of this feature by calling a vote and making up a good reason.

I guess it comes down to the trust level/patience level/sympathy level of the players in the match, whether to F1 or F2? Frequent stops wouldn't be so nice ):

Sidenote: give the disconnected or afk player a time limit to return? For example, maybe this pause feature has a resume command too, but if three minutes goes by and player X has not returned, the game auto-resumes.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 12, 08:12AM)RCJD Wrote: I guess it comes down to the trust level/patience level/sympathy level of the players in the match, whether to F1 or F2? Frequent stops wouldn't be so nice ):

I'd add that if you're playing with untrustworthy players, clock manipulation probably isn't your biggest concern. I'd like to see this implemented.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 08:44PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote:
.ExodusS* Wrote:This is because your post and Felix-The-Ghost Online 's one is wrong (:D)

Copy + paste fail :P

Hahaha yes it is a big fail! :P

(05 Jan 12, 08:12AM)RCJD Wrote: Sidenote: give the disconnected or afk player a time limit to return? For example, maybe this pause feature has a resume command too, but if three minutes goes by and player X has not returned, the game auto-resumes.

Good idea, 3 minutes should be good!
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't enjoy waiting three minutes for someone (not being able to do anything) but my opinion doesn't matter :x
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 07:35PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: What like 3 minutes at most?

(05 Jan 12, 08:12AM)RCJD Wrote: Sidenote: give the disconnected or afk player a time limit to return? For example, maybe this pause feature has a resume command too, but if three minutes goes by and player X has not returned, the game auto-resumes.

(05 Jan 12, 07:22PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Good idea, 3 minutes should be good!

(05 Jan 12, 10:44PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I wouldn't enjoy waiting three minutes for someone (not being able to do anything) but my opinion doesn't matter :x

Everyones opinion matters always. Waiting three minutes would be like a max timer, maybe even be able to pull a vote to restart the game anyways say if the player really isn't coming back.
Thanks given by:
Maybe a player ends up coming back in 4 minutes, and you have had to vote it again when the timer ended. This just silly and awkward. How about instead of getting confused with timers and whatnot, you just have a vote to freeze the game, and clock, and a vote to start it again when needed.
Thanks given by:
Maybe this may work if the server was modded. I know someone that has experiences with modding servers.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 12, 09:48PM)ChO Wrote: Maybe this may work if the server was modded. I know someone that has experiences with modding servers.

Nah, this thread is more about to see it official in the next release, and devs are devs to dev this game. :D
Thanks given by:
"/stopclock" or "/paused 1" for mastermode 2 (match) only,
Btw, might be a good idea to make 2 spectator teams (CLA spec and RVSF spec) and not allowing spectators to move around in ghost mode, because i believe that some reveal enemies positions/health through teamspeak or mumble to clan mates. I think sauerbratten has this feature.
Thanks given by:
I actually posted this on the ideas thread a while back..
Thanks given by:
A few people did, in not so many words, and now it's finally receiving the attention and clarification it deserves.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 12, 10:22PM)V-Man Wrote: (...)it's finally receiving the attention and clarification it deserves.

That's what matters :)
F1 for this
Thanks given by:
When "mastermode 2" is on and a player disconnects, it auto-freezes and then unfreezes when he comes back, yes, I think this is truly a good idea, +1.
Thanks given by:
There should also be a command for unpausing the timer/movement made through a vote done not only by an admin but in the case that no admin is present, by the players (/pause 0 or something).
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 12, 08:12AM)RCJD Wrote: But as other posters have said, I can see people abusing this function. Even in a 3v3 match with pro players, what if one is thirsty and takes advantage of this feature by calling a vote and making up a good reason.

Have a limited number of timeouts per game and also assign a max of 40 or so seconds, as in most real life sporting events. I'd say 2 for each team. These timeouts could be used for discussing plays too.

Doesn't really need to be hardcoded (or it can, because obviously players cant be trusted, those scumbags!), teams could decide that (the number of timeouts) before the match and automatically accept disqualification on violation.

Thanks given by:
I like the idea, and I like the idea of votes popping up to activate & deactivate this. That way, it makes it tough to manipulate the feature.
If this feature isn't in the next release, we all go on strike and let AC die until the working devs do the work. \:D
Thanks given by: