Poll: Is the /stopclock command a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.30%
42 91.30%
No
8.70%
4 8.70%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

/stopclock command.
Ok, i'm certainly not the first who had this idea but i searched and i didn't find any thread/post speaking about this.

I thought about a command who can stop the time in game.
Of course it's mostly for Clan Matches or Interclans (private games).

I thought about something like this:
-The time can be stoped by vote (normal one, or with the admin/referee).
-The time auto-stop when the server is in "mastermode 2" (match) only, and when a player who wasn't a SPEC disconnected (lag or not).

I hope it is possible, thanks.
Thanks given by:
This is to only stop the game timer, not to actually pause the game?
Thanks given by:
A total pause should be the best way because if you can't move, you can't take the kevlar or recovering your health or watch your oponents positions.
Thanks given by:
Larry had a go at making a mod for this, but said he couldn't do it without changing the client.
Though I F1 this idea.

In competitive Left 4 Dead, we had a .cfg loaded onto individual servers called rotoblin which meant by simply getting both teams to type !fpause - the game would freeze completely, players, pickups, health etc.

Similar .cfg for Counter Strike 1.6 respectively.

- so yeah. Get onto this :D, it's REALLY needed.
Thanks given by:
Maybe a /resign command too? When each player of a team entered it, well it resigned... could sometimes save time ;D
Thanks given by:
At first, I thought this thread was about reseting individual sleeps since all we have is a command to reset all sleeps, interfering with others :/

Edit:This is kinda like gamespeed though I'm not sure how it would behave in a server.
Thanks given by:
Having "/paused 1" available in a match game has been proposed a few times in the ideas thread, but I agree that it would be useful enough to warrant its own discussion thread.
Thanks given by:
I think you didnt understand Felix-The-Ghost ... how is it like /gamespeed ?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 12, 10:59PM)Robtics Wrote: I think you didnt understand Felix-The-Ghost ... how is it like /gamespeed ?

If the pause is like a simple /gamespeed 1 (or 0 but 1 is enough), you should can see around you and see oponents you didn't saw before.
Thanks given by:
Robtics Wrote:I think you didnt understand Felix-The-Ghost ... how is it like /gamespeed ?

Because /gamespeed [a low number] essentially "pauses" or at least slows down the entire engine, slowing powerups and everything --
Jason Wrote:the game would freeze completely, players, pickups, health etc.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 12, 11:05PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(03 Jan 12, 10:59PM)Robtics Wrote: I think you didnt understand Felix-The-Ghost ... how is it like /gamespeed ?

If the pause is like a simple /gamespeed 1 (or 0 but 1 is enough), you should can see around you and see oponents you didn't saw before.

So you want this to be like "paused" but also freeze the player camera?
Thanks given by:
Interesting idea, clan matches often get interupted when a player leaves uexpectedly if the clock stoped until they rejoined that would be cool, especially if points didnt count until all were present again.
Thanks given by:
Like starcraft players lagging out :>

Jason, why not have Larry make the mod and share the source? It might have a chance at getting implemented then.
Thanks given by:
*mastermode to match*
*player get disconnected*
Server auto-freeze the entire game.
*player reconnected*
Game start in 3...2...1...go"
Thanks given by:
But what if you freeze the game then the admin quits. Then your left with a fail server. lol.

I hope so much it wont get abused by noob server owners.
unless it would only be implemented if a certain mastermode was used.
Thanks given by:
The opponents of the one who disconnected may ghost around, teammates not.
Thanks given by:
"please F1 we need pause", "please F1 we need pause" in the hectic part of the match because he is losing and he needs drink milk ... i just like the pressure you cannot leave ... you are forced to be prepared and fully focused ... the server command line would need next switch for disabling because of noobs
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 12:04AM)SiL3nT Wrote: The opponents of the one who disconnected may ghost around, teammates not.

How is that fair? Just freeze all player cams.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 12, 11:22PM).ExodusS* Wrote: *mastermode to match*
*player get disconnected*
Server auto-freeze the entire game.
*player reconnected*
Game start in 3...2...1...go"

^ exactly this :) would be very helpful
Thanks given by:
Just saying, I personally dislike this idea. I don't really see how it fits in an online shooter.
Thanks given by:
It's more for CM's and inters than anything.

I think it should be kept away unless the mastermode is "Match" or "Private," as in a pub situation... no explanation needed
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 12:25AM)Alien Wrote: "please F1 we need pause", "please F1 we need pause" in the hectic part of the match because he is losing and he needs drink milk ... i just like the pressure you cannot leave ... you are forced to be prepared and fully focused ... the server command line would need next switch for disabling because of noobs

I seriously want your perfect computer and your perfect internet connection.
And if you live at your parents home, i want your parents too, and your brothers and your sisters etc.

Thanks given by:
F1 it would be useful
Thanks given by:
Well it would be very useful, but it need polishing.
I think it needs to be implemented as a vote, because if not it can be abused. What if the reason of the disconnect was a power shortage or something? Then how could the match be continued?
But better this than to have the "possible" flag holder armoring himself during the pause or a dead opponent looking at player positions. Im tired of "listening" people getting pickups during disconnects.
Guys, as long as this is not implemented,
NO ******* PICKUPS DURING ******* DISCONNECT...
... sorry for caps lock.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 01:04AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Just saying, I personally dislike this idea. I don't really see how it fits in an online shooter.

Never played a match or competitive game in your life, have you son.

Thanks given by:
@exodus
"i want your parents too, and your brothers and your sisters etc." in 3v3 match it is 12 parents, 6~ 12 children, computer fails, pizza delivering, dogs, cats, hungry, thursty, toilet, tactical pause ... it will be looooong matches ;)

ps. i feel a bit pwned by F1s o.0
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 03:39PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: What if the reason of the disconnect was a power shortage or something? Then how could the match be continued?

Timer auto restarts and says EFF YOU to the disconnecting player. What like 3 minutes at most? A vote maybe, but a server switch I like the idea of and then a vote along with it to enable a watch over disconnecting players. Make sure it doesn't freeze a game when a spectator leaves!
Thanks given by:
F1-Very good idea
Thanks given by:
Jason Wrote:Never played a match or competitive game in your life, have you son.
I used to be in a clan we made at school -- ZpC. We owned* a few clans (I owned one by myself) There was no need to pause the game.

*pwned
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 07:30PM)Alien Wrote: ps. i feel a bit pwned by F1s o.0

This is because your post and Felix-The-Ghost Online 's one is wrong (:D), you don't play enough matches/inters to know what this vote could represent.
And you are one of the first to know that AC often have some bugs for no reason.
Thanks given by: