n00b question - FPS?
wouldn't mind seeing an official pinned topic addressing the hit reg fixes, or can someone link me to some documentation?
Thanks given by:
Hey all, sorry I've been away from the cubers forum for a little while and haven't seen this. Thanks for all the responses :)

(02 Dec 11, 06:26PM)hgf-arg Wrote: Wich graphic card and processor do you have?

Nvidia GeForce 9200 graphics card and AMD Athlon II X3 425 2.70GHz processor. My graphics card is a piece of sh*t I know, would there be a better one I could upgrade to that anyone could recommend?

(02 Dec 11, 07:12PM)macm Wrote: This happened to me also, after playing the game for more than 1 year, my hits finnally started to register once i increased my fps to 120. This is the max i can get on laptop, still its not enough! On my desktop i get around 800 - 1000 with my windowed screen height at 800 and width 600, almost all shots register, depending on server and ping.

I would also recomend you to search some tips on how to close unwanted applications or processes that might be running in background without you even noticing.

I think the max fps I've ever got was about 200 (and no, I don't use /maxfps 200), I will definetely have a look though at background system checks and so on that may be going on without my knowledge. Yesterday for instance the hardrive started to whirr like crazy and my fps dropped to a mere 90. This only happened for a few minutes but it was still an inconvenience. So I'll look that up, thankyou :D

(02 Dec 11, 09:18PM).ExodusS* Wrote: [cubescript]/vsync 0
/textreduce -1
lighterror 8
[/cubescript]

I have used the lighting and vsync commands, thanks but what is textreduce? Whenever I type it, it says "unknown command". And I have turned the graphics down to horrible, my fps are slowly but surely creeping up.

And one last thing.....I run a small 10-slot match server for my clan from the same monitor which I use to play AC. Would that affect my fps? (sorry if this question seems stupid...I've played AC for about 4 months lol)

Thanks again to everyone who replied and offered help (especially titi who actually solved most of the problem for me), I didnt quote all replies here but I have followed your instructions and collectively they have led to an improvement in my fps. So thanks! :)
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 11, 04:16PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: I have used the lighting and vsync commands, thanks but what is textreduce? Whenever I type it, it says "unknown command". And I have turned the graphics down to horrible, my fps are slowly but surely creeping up.

Looks like he misspelt the command.

It's supposed to be /texreduce -1
Thanks given by:
(07 Dec 11, 04:16PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: I run a small 10-slot match server for my clan from the same monitor which I use to play AC. Would that affect my fps?

Generally not. But it's not a dumb question - while AC's servers are very light on resources, some other games require one beefy dedicated server per game server.
However, be aware that the server uses considerable bandwidth when it's full, so you might experience (network) lag.
Thanks given by:
You asked if there's a better graphic card, but it all depends on how much money are u ready/able to pay....
btw my graphic is even worst than yours:
Intel 945G-Integrated 128mb of savage graphic powa, with an Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz
The command that made a real diff. on my PC was /stencilbits , I have no idea why, but when I put /stencilbits 16 and then
/stencilbits 0 , the fps rises like crazy up to 360 (when I look to a wall), and in game go up and down from 80 to 200 (depends on the map of course).
Thanks given by: