simple question - racism
What about the chances to blacklist ppl with racist aliases? Is there any need to report it in the BL-thread? The other question is where is the line to report them?
I'm asking because i see alot these days and i think i'm not alone with that.

Thanks for any reply.
Thanks given by:
Well just make a new thread or just take a screenshot with (F12) and/or demo (F10) and then upload them and post it on your thread or on the thread that is open for blacklists, it's in the same section as you posted this.
Thanks given by:
I would BL them and i'm sure there are others that would BL them also, so report them on the BL thread and let the server owners decide what to do with it.
Thanks given by:
All good servers will have racist/Inflammatory names in their Nickname Blacklist file. It's difficult to block them all as players are very creative in the way they spell their names. Contact the server owner to get them to add bad names to their blacklists. For {BoB} servers goto http://ladder.thebillybobs-rocking-on.net/forum/38
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the quick replies. :)
I just thought the BL thread is for hackers only and there is still the question on the line where the limit is. In the fact that i don't want to spam the BL-thread with maybe an unreasoning screen, i'll post it here and let the admins decide what to do with that. Imho it's definately a ban reason to use that alias.
Thanks given by:
yup.. banned that tosser a few weeks ago
Thanks given by:
The blacklist thread is more for smaller offenses such as offensive names or tag abuse, little things like that. There is also an obvious cheats thread which you report, well... obvious cheaters but pretty much everything bad goes in the blacklist thread.
Thanks given by:
i would ask them to change it - if they dont, Post a BL repport with out hesitation.
There is no room for racism in our society and that includes gamers/gaming.
Thanks given by:
(16 Nov 11, 06:34PM)MykeGregory Wrote: There is no room for racism in our society and that includes gamers/gaming.
Nothing more to say. I'll use the BL thread then. Thanks guys.
Thanks given by:
It makes me sad to see such names being used in this game, as a Server owner and admin on many servers I state now that racisim will not be tollerated. Anyone seeing such can report it on BoB ladder or DES forum or email me if you prefer on [email protected]
Thanks given by:
Be sure to ask these players to change their name before you report them. It is likely many of them do not realize that anyone patrols AC or even cares about names.
Thanks given by:
I understand your point and i'll do that. But there are cases (like in the screen above) where are no doubts that it's an offensive nickname which only has the goal to discriminate marginal groups.
Thanks given by:
It depends on the blacklister's opinion. The nickname 'Jesus' might not mean anything to an atheist, but it may offend some Catholics.
If you feel offended towards a nickname you have to think if it'd actually be offensive to a more general crowd, afterwards you can post on the blacklist thread.
Server owners will decide for themselves if they wish to blacklist the player or not.
Thanks given by:
Wolf, I have a mate who's real name is Jesus but on the other hand none are called judenvernichter nor niggasucks and so on, we are a community and as such cannot tolerate any kind of racism, homophobia, religion hatred whatsoever!
This has been discussed many times already.
Thanks given by:
Sorry I don't understand what that name translates to, but yeah if it's bad post it in the BL, but as was said above ask the guy to change his name first. I ran into a guy called "xXIKillNiggersXx". I asked him to change his name and he did so immediately, he actually seemed completely unaware that he wasn't allowed to use such a name on AC, which is stupid, but sometimes people are just ignorant like that.
Thanks given by:
(18 Nov 11, 04:25PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Wolf, I have a mate who's real name is Jesus but on the other hand none are called judenvernichter nor niggasucks and so on, we are a community and as such cannot tolerate any kind of racism, homophobia, religion hatred whatsoever!

F1.

I'm from Germany and we now know the only right decision. No tolarance for any kind of racism.
Offending religions is something else. It's not nice, but if you don't discriminate the group of believers it's nothing compared to racism.

"judenvernichter" which means Jew-Destroyer is indiscutable in any point of view.

P.S.: what makes me rage sometimes are people calling german players "nazis" for no reason. that's a kind of racism for me, too.
Thanks given by:
calling aussies laggers makes me cry.
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 12:33AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: he actually seemed completely unaware that he wasn't allowed to use such a name on AC
But it's not about whether he's "allowed to" use that name. It's a matter of common sense and being in one's right mind. If that name not being allowed is the only reason he won't use it any more, that's actually much more saddening.
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 01:04AM)Benson Wrote:
(18 Nov 11, 04:25PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Wolf, I have a mate who's real name is Jesus but on the other hand none are called judenvernichter nor niggasucks and so on, we are a community and as such cannot tolerate any kind of racism, homophobia, religion hatred whatsoever!

F1.

I'm from Germany and we now know the only right decision. No tolarance for any kind of racism.
Offending religions is something else. It's not nice, but if you don't discriminate the group of believers it's nothing compared to racism.

"judenvernichter" which means Jew-Destroyer is indiscutable in any point of view.

P.S.: what makes me rage sometimes are people calling german players "nazis" for no reason. that's a kind of racism for me, too.

I never said german players, just MyS players, yoursister has pro nazi videos on the same channel he uploaded his ac montages, and don't get me started on what i have heard jason say about the blacks and jews.
Thanks given by:
that's not the point of the discussion.
Thanks given by:
Racism is never the answer.
Thanks given by:
No it isn't jack, but drugs are. I believe ::huffs and puffs chest to bravado stature:: I SAID AHH BELIEEEVE... That you young whippersnappers are a bunch of whiny ninnies. Who Who WHOOO KAARES whether or not someone is racist when they're DEAD. Yes you heard me. Hatred focuses the mind. It hardens the trigger finger and hones the precision accuracy of a well placed killshot to a .0000001 chance of failure. AC is a game of death. I say I SAY grow up and kill something!! You play way way WAY too much if you're offended by little Johnny Crackerhater (coughBalla21cough) :). That said I'll agree with most anything Medusa has to say about the matter, because I did smack that thrice upon a time, and I have to keep my options open for a return visit. ;)
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 02:10AM)Vermi Wrote: I never said german players, just MyS players, yoursister has pro nazi videos on the same channel he uploaded his ac montages, and don't get me started on what i have heard jason say about the blacks and jews.

such opinions can't be tolerated and ppl like that should be kept away from the community
Thanks given by:
If there are any solid proofs for anyone in MyS beeing a racist, please send them to me. As I said, I don't tolerate any kind of racism.

If there aren't any (or some quotes are taken out of the (maybe ironic) context, etc.), don't bring =MyS= into disrepute, Vermi.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 11, 09:51PM)MorganKell Wrote: No it isn't jack, but drugs are. I believe ::huffs and puffs chest to bravado stature:: I SAID AHH BELIEEEVE... That you young whippersnappers are a bunch of whiny ninnies. Who Who WHOOO KAARES whether or not someone is racist when they're DEAD. Yes you heard me. Hatred focuses the mind. It hardens the trigger finger and hones the precision accuracy of a well placed killshot to a .0000001 chance of failure. AC is a game of death. I say I SAY grow up and kill something!! You play way way WAY too much if you're offended by little Johnny Crackerhater (coughBalla21cough) :). That said I'll agree with most anything Medusa has to say about the matter, because I did smack that thrice upon a time, and I have to keep my options open for a return visit. ;)
AMEN REVEREND!

Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 11, 11:45PM)Benson Wrote: If there are any solid proofs for anyone in MyS beeing a racist, please send them to me. As I said, I don't tolerate any kind of racism.

If there aren't any (or some quotes are taken out of the (maybe ironic) context, etc.), don't bring =MyS= into disrepute, Vermi.

imo yoursister's nazi video on his youtube account is a sufficient proof
Thanks given by:
This isn't to attack anyone, it's to answer OP question.
Thanks given by:
I don't see any video on YS's account which makes him a nazi or a racist.

I think you may think of his "strange taste of music-video". If you feel offended by this, ask him or youtube to remove it.
Thanks given by:
Dude they're a band, he's not a neo-nazi.
Thanks given by:
Might be helpful if someone could share the link to the relevant channel/video.
Thanks given by: