Music
Oop, sounds like when I had my wrist injury. When I came back playing I was significantly worse.
Thanks given by:
A lot of playing is also muscle memory, so if you stop doing the motions for an extended period, you're guaranteed to do worse.
Thanks given by:
I took a break from playing any instrument for almost 8 years.
Of course I sucked, but it was a great opportunity do learn some proper technique - starting over from scratch again.
Thanks given by:
I've been playing piano for 7 years, I'm not pro though.. I like to play jazz/blues/funk, swedish folk music and a little classical. Apart from piano I can also get some noise out of guitars, drums, basses and ukuleles. :)

Impakt'd, great music there! I love that genre combination. :)
Thanks given by:
I play guitar and bass and did compose some stuff long time ago for some little bands I was in (I got into bands, mostly to pick up chicks :P)
I'm a lot into surf music, folk, punk/ska and lots of rock and roll (nothing that came out after the 90's, thou)
I still play with some friends for fun today and now it works the other way around, the band keep the chicks away from us, but since we are all married to the chicks in questions, its not all a bad thing.

@Impakt'd
Some cool songs your old band has, mate!
Thanks given by:
Heh I think 98% of rock-music playing males started because of the chicks. Me too, when I was 15.

Just after a few years, I got totally upset with the music scene in my town, because I was around 23 and really wanted to do music for the music itself, but everyone around me was still acting like 15 - "Look at me, I play GUITAR in a BAND, don't you think I'm cool, babe? *grabs guitar and noodles for 30minutes*" - albeit they had all added vain, unrealistic dreams of "making it big" :/ Everyone suddenly got a "manager", were recording "albums" (used to be demos) and felt real important...

I can't say I am not guilty of this to some extend too, especially when I joined a band who had done an expensive studio recording, trying to get a deal... it sort of blew my mind in a way. But we were so far from being professional enough that the whole bubble bursted on our first major label casting. Even if they had signed us, we would probably have split up after 3 weeks of touring, drugging and some lost teeth...

So that put me off music completely for some years. Slowly getting back into it.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 10, 05:32PM)makkE Wrote: Everyone suddenly got a "manager", were recording "albums" (used to be demos) and felt real important...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDjJc_ZH6dk
Thanks given by:
i play guitar.

I'm a Jose Gonzalez cover artist, but i dont perform much.
Thanks given by:
What is a "cover artist" ?
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 10, 07:22PM)makkE Wrote: What is a "cover artist" ?

like a cover band...but Jose isnt a band, hes an artist. Ya get me? :D
Thanks given by:
Someone who plays anothers music.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 10, 07:22PM)makkE Wrote: What is a "cover artist" ?

Someone that only do covers from other bands
Thanks given by: