Survey
please keep the discussion away from so called scripts and cheats and back to competitive play and activity please. its not that hard lol
Thanks given by:
@Xenon
dyh tried an average league but some clans got insulted by it.
then bob was going to do one but it never happened. I'D be happy to run a league with gold and silver skill differences. B} ETC in silver, pros in gold. Just not sure if there are enough clans ready to participate. I can be on and train up if someone wants to in B} so it's not a lack of desire that we don't match more currently
Pretty much every clan in this skill level is hurt by inactivity
And it gets tough to find games. If they post here supporting the above league idea I can do it if needed.
Thanks given by:
me and blue would play that nightmare.

An average clan league would need at least 4 active teams to make it fun
Thanks given by:
Bronze league teams: B}, HyPe, FD (weaker part of FD), SA, HsoS, .45, {TyD}, DES|, AC
You see their is many teams that could be in the bronze league.
Gold league: oNe, BoB, w00p, LC, rC, aK, FD (MDrag, Gazda etc), MyS.

This would mean their would be 8 teams in the GOLD and in the BRONZE their would be 6-9 (MATURITY). I mean I'm sure some of them Bronze level teams won't play but I do believe atleast 6 of them would play meaning you could have a league with them 6, get better and eventually be able to compete with the top teams in AC :)
Thanks given by:
If Bronze league teams can get promoted to the Gold league, and Gold league teams get relegated back down to the Bronze league, this sounds like fun.

Also, run trials to figure out who belongs in which league. I wouldn't want it to be based on someone's opinion.
Thanks given by:
I'm more on board with the AC draft idea, like theirs seasons with a new draft at the start of each one which determines the teams for that season, players could be seeded to ensure team skill equality, this would be interesting because it would show how different players play with each other and focuses more on teamwork rather than having the same 2-3 teams always winning cups, that's just my take on it though
Thanks given by:
a draft idea needs to build off of already known. it also needs dedication and time to keep it going. it would also be fun as teams come and go faster, so the scene is always fresh
Thanks given by:
If you want to make league A and B the best way to do it would it be to run a big tournament we all the clans and at the end you look at the results the 40% best positioned would be league A and the others league B. Then at every new tournament the 3 worst in league A would be demoted to B and the 3 best of B promoted. But this would only work and make sense with constant competition and quite a lot of organization...
Thanks given by:
So if we were to do a draft of some sorts and the top 40% went through, would we attempt to get 16 teams? I think we could get 16 teams IMO.
oNe aK w00p LC rC BoB FD MyS M#A Hype B} DES TyD .45 HsoS SA AC
Theirs 17 there, I'm sure their's more clans who would compete aswell possibly.
Thanks given by:
1. What are your views on the state of competitive AC?

- It appears to be quite dead. Many people have left the game due to life, other games, and there seems to be a general lack of willing competitive participants over all.

2. Do you believe inters are still a valuable source of good competitive AC games?

- I think they are fun, but don't really show a true skill set. You get a bunch of good players together you're bound to have a good time but if you don't frequently play with each other it is going to be hard to coordinate properly. They have their place, but it shouldn't be a standard.

3. Would you like to see a tourney or a league? Why?

- I'd love to see the ESL go live again, or some sort of other structured body to organize all this... but at the moment there seems to very far to few players who are interested or able to dedicate themselves to this sort of project.

4. Would you consider playing in Pick Up Games (PUGs)? ie similar to what the former acinter tried to do, and set times for games to be played?

- Sure. I can't see how this could be a hindered. It will either fail, or it will be a starting point for a competitive future. Either way I think it should be tried.

5. Any other things you'd like to say?

- Crayfish are awesome.
Thanks given by:
the only problem with that is two very high skilled teams play the first match, and one loses, now you have a team that is Gold level in a bronze league
Thanks given by:
Considering kiwi spammed some maps to svn, I assume 1.2.0.0 isn't too far off.
Once that releases, I can do a bronze/gold league and/or some random captains draft tournament if desired. :3
Thanks given by:
Cemer; it would be seeded + double elim just so unfortunate things like that couldn't happen.
Thanks given by:
the 15th century french parliament is more effective than this mess
Thanks given by:
then how would you make this more effective Undead?
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 13, 04:18PM)Cemer Wrote: then how would you make this more effective Undead?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=french+revolution

revolution, perhaps?
Thanks given by:
This topic is very interesting.
What do you guys think of something like "Bye bye to 1.1 AC championship". Nice championship name \0 - give me 5.
The idea of 2 groups (championships):
1) Clan with advanced skills.
2) Clans growth.

It may be interesting for a clan win the championship in "clans in growth." Instead of being badly placed in the league of clans with "advanced skills".
Someone organize it! I submit that is accepted teams composed of players without clan only "clans in growth." Suggested.

*AC Radio make me sick ! lol - and about thats lagin girls? lol -ãhh
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 13, 04:18PM)Cemer Wrote: then how would you make this more effective Undead?

making me the fabulously omnipotent and most benevolent emperor of assaultcube.

all your suggestions are awful btw and missing the big picture.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 13, 03:47AM)Undead Wrote: all your suggestions are awful btw and missing the big picture.

what is your idea of a big picture? no offense, but if mine/our ideas are so awful, do you have an idea that isnt so awful? negativity doesnt really help this discussion go anywhere, unless that is your intent
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 13, 01:37PM)ElCrema Wrote: If you want to make league A and B the best way to do it would it be to run a big tournament we all the clans and at the end you look at the results the 40% best positioned would be league A and the others league B. Then at every new tournament the 3 worst in league A would be demoted to B and the 3 best of B promoted. But this would only work and make sense with constant competition and quite a lot of organization...

This!

Every clan should organize tournaments on a weekly or monthly basis.
For example this week FD*, next week/month =SA=, then {BoB} and so on

Also, I suggest Clans start inviting friendly players in pubs and teach them how to play (well, clans can invite following their own criteria). FD* has been doing this for a long time and some other clans should start doing it too.

what do you think? if you like the idea we can start as soon as possible.
Thanks given by:
There are hundreds of nice people lol.
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 13, 11:35PM)Marti Wrote: There are hundreds of nice people lol.

Invite them all then (hell I know you can't do that). However, If you invite 2 or 3 per term, you will help the game. it'll be more useful than just writing "There are hundreds of nice people lol" (don't take it personal, I took it to mean "instead of doing nothing").
Thanks given by:
What Marti means is that clans don't have to go specifically out of their way to look for "nice people" who need training, because most clans have plenty of nice people in them, who aren't just concerned about skill. At the same time, however, you should also remember that this is a game played primarily by people in their teens or twenties, so don't hold the expectations too high.
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 13, 04:44AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: [...] who aren't just concerned about skill. At the same time, however, you should also remember that this is a game played primarily by people in their teens or twenties, so don't hold the expectations too high...

so...what do you propose to have more players in the competitive scene? or what's more important, just playing AC regularly over other games?

* [Propose things everybody can do please, simple stuff]
Thanks given by:
You claim it's "simple stuff" but it's really not that simple for most of these existing clans to do, since what you're proposing is too idealistic for most other clans besides FD* to actually carry out.
Most of the "competitive" clans (No offense to them, but I'll just say for example oNe and rC) won't want to take people who are simply "nice" because they want people who will help them win matches. If they're nice and skilled, then great, win-win, but competition and skill always take the forefront of applications to clans of that sort, in my opinion.
Also, if I've heard correctly, isn't FD* sort of divided? I heard that you guys have like split groups: one for CMing, one for casually playing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though. It just seemed like even you guys weren't practicing exactly what you're saying (Not calling you a hypocrite though, since you guys are doing better than most clans in terms of getting friendly people).
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 13, 03:49PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: You claim it's "simple stuff" but it's really not that simple for most of these existing clans to do, since what you're proposing is too idealistic for most other clans besides FD* to actually carry out.
Most of the "competitive" clans (No offense to them, but I'll just say for example oNe and rC) won't want to take people who are simply "nice" because they want people who will help them win matches. If they're nice and skilled, then great, win-win, but competition and skill always take the forefront of applications to clans of that sort, in my opinion.
Also, if I've heard correctly, isn't FD* sort of divided? I heard that you guys have like split groups: one for CMing, one for casually playing. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though. It just seemed like even you guys weren't practicing exactly what you're saying (Not calling you a hypocrite though, since you guys are doing better than most clans in terms of getting friendly people).

you didn't propose anything. I'm still waiting. :-/

(17 Mar 13, 03:49PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: *"[...] Also, if I've heard correctly, isn't FD* sort of divided? I heard that you guys have like split groups: one for CMing, one for casually playing [...]"

You are right. We do have separate groups. We have a first line-up that plays hard matches. Eventually, everybody can be an "old star", it's about training and constancy. We prepare (noob) players to be as highly competitive as possible [see my own example. I was a noob and I'm getting ready to play against w00p or clans alike everyday]. However, don't expect new players or players who has been out for weeks or months to play oNe or w00p in their first days. We don't give free victories. It's logic and not for that I (we) am "hypocrite".
Thanks given by:
EndGame Wrote:you didn't propose anything. I'm still waiting. :-/
No, I didn't. All I wanted to point out was that it's not as "simple" as you make it seem.

(17 Mar 13, 04:16PM)EndGame Wrote: It's logic and not for that I (we) am "hypocrite".
If you read up, I'm certainly not calling you or anybody in FD* a hypocrite. And I feel this might be slightly deviating off topic (sorry Cemer), but wouldn't it help to have these new guys face competitive clans to learn from firsthand experience? If it's about simply getting better, then you guys shouldn't be too concerned about giving up losses in certain matches.
Thanks given by:
EndGame Wrote:you didn't propose anything. I'm still waiting. :-/

(17 Mar 13, 07:22PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: No, I didn't. All I wanted to point out was that it's not as "simple" as you make it seem.

Propose something :-).

(17 Mar 13, 04:16PM)EndGame Wrote: It's logic and not for that I (we) am "hypocrite".
(17 Mar 13, 07:22PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: If you read up, I'm certainly not calling you or anybody in FD* a hypocrite.

I know that.

(17 Mar 13, 07:22PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: [...] but wouldn't it help to have these new guys face competitive clans to learn from firsthand experience? If it's about simply getting better, then you guys shouldn't be too concerned about giving up losses in certain matches.

We have our own "firsthand experience" at home. for instance, If I beat Milandrag-gazda-fundog team, then FD* knows I'm fit to challenge everbody.

BTW, we are on topic. We are discussing how to bring more people to the competitive scenario since the survey shows it's one of the main problems. :-)
Thanks given by:
How can you even win a 3v1 EndGame?

Oh and you dont only need nice people, you need people who want to improve. Those are the players that will stick around
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 13, 11:31PM)Marti Wrote: Oh and you dont only need nice people, you need people who want to improve. Those are the players that will stick around

I think that's what he means by those whom the clan can train.

EndGame, realistically there is no great solution to this issue, since most clans (which in the grand scheme of thing are a minority in the AC player base, with most being the casual pubbers) are waiting for 1.2 to be released before playing again.
I (along with others) personally would like to be optimistic in thinking that it should be released in the near future, but some are not as patient... :/
Thanks given by: