Survey
(01 Mar 13, 06:37PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I really wonder why everyone accept to play with them, please explain me.

And by the way, the butthurt ExodusS that can not give his advices on the 'competitive AC's scene' played more than 400 matches and probably even more inters before and during the 1.1.

1) because they dont have you to play against, or much other people.

2) i never said u couldnt give advice, as i think the advice part is directed to me.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 10:27AM)DrauL Wrote: Definitely, especially for people like me, and ShadowZ, and other clanless motherfuckers.
Gee, thanks for the shout-out...
Thanks given by:
@ 1Cap, You folks want to organize inter clan matches and so on? Fine, excellent, but... What's got the dev's team got to do with that?

@ Edwards, Rule #25 Any other crap like that coming from you and I'll give you the boot!
Thanks given by:
1. What are your views on the state of competitive AC?
Feel as though the structure of the competitive side of ac is lack luster and needs to be revamped

2. Do you believe inters are still a valuable source of good competitive AC games?
Always has and always will.

3. Would you like to see a tourney or a league? Why?
Depends. External system, then no. If ac was built around the concept of there being a league/ladder system then yes.

4. Would you consider playing in Pick Up Games (PUGs)? ie similar to what the former acinter tried to do, and set times for games to be played?
If there is a good service that is easy to access it will be used. especially with good advertisement.
Thanks given by:
I think what 1Cap wants to say is that only the devs mattersin how the game moves on, and the community has no influence on the game (at least its what i understood of his post)
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 06:12PM)Edward Wrote: Yes, fix the devs team! Atm too much power badly used. There should be more variety in the dev team. There is not only one Assaultcube, there is plenty of them. All devs are focus on how are we gonna stop people trying to develop and improve AC the 'wrong way'. There is already several AssaultCube. Why would we do as if it wasn't true? Just accept it and deal with it. Different masterservers would be a good idea : Join a server, Join a gema server, join a modded server. I wont quote name but some people could represent well the different part of AssaultCube in the dev team.

3 years later and we still have this talk : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-147.html
Hope you bunch of Illuminati will learn from your mistakes one day :/

All your posts on this forum show your ignorance of the game and the devs activities. We're actually trying to encourage more creativity in this game (provided that it fits with some objective quality criterias).

All you say is counter-productive as it discourages anyone from spending time trying to improve it; not only because you're very pessimistic (the word is weak) but also because you're always offensive towards the contributors of this game.

Your last sentence is just another example of your regular unbearable behavior. I think it's time for you to receive the appropriate sanction.

Now to get back on topic (which is interesting).
I've always thought that a "competitive" platform which would merge a public ladder with a clan match ladder and organize tournaments would improve the situation a lot.
Currently, AC ladders do not satisfy most "competitive" players because they only reward "public" players, even though most of them do not care /that much/ about competition.

If we plan to work on such a platform we'll face many difficulties. First : who would "make" and host it ? For a long time i've thought this kind of projects shouldn't be provided by those who maintain this game but maybe this would be the best thing to do. (for example the idea to conceive an "official" ladder was once thrown and discussed. I now thinks it is a good idea).

(Have i played enough clan matches to get my opinion taken into account ? :D)
Thanks given by:
That's great that you are taking part in this Luc@s!

1cap no offense, but this was directed more towards what people that arent devd can do. Yes the devs are all powerful, but competitve arent completely dictated by them.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 06:30PM)Undead Wrote:
(01 Mar 13, 04:53PM)Cemer Wrote: do higher level clans even want to play a significantly lower level clan?

i don't know but they don't want to play oNe.
they get on their high horse and call me a troll.

Oh, lord.

I just lost my shit. Excuse me, i will be over here, laughing.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, a lot ...
How about that? A professional league and other amateur. The professional league runs on a own MasterServer . Amateur leagues run the way it are now. To connect to "professional" MasterServer league you need a tag, a nickname and a password. This competition is for known clans and authorized by participating in a vote.(idk about details yet, i need to think about it...).
This will motivate the players to learn to play , join in a clan and to participate in the "official league" (in another masterserver).
We could create requirements for clans and players entering the official league .. but that's another story. What changes? The league is official, runs on a oficial MasterServer this is security and controled of the official team. Yeah, that team that modifies the game and choose the maps :) - Hight clergy.
** I insist, there is a big difference between "normal" players and clan players who use scripts and play it for a long time. The vast majority of players do not have access to scripts and tips on the game. This is discouraging this people and many drop out.
> I'm not going back to the subject, but a name plus a password seems to be a solution. A name is more important than an IP.
And.. No more scripts.. its a game or a programer competition?
Thanks given by:
DrauL, let's be real, it's just a game.
You don't need to be analyzing a person's character to play a bloody game with him.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 05:29PM)Waffles Wrote: edit: the biggest problem is what people consider fun. the "pros" maybe favor the competitive nature of the game and enjoy the tension and delayed gratification of getting really good at the game. others play for a release and never want to pursue it seriously. everyone's got lives. what maybe could help this is not demeaning every new player that comes along and not having a negative attitude about the game. the pros talk shit on the game, doesn't drive new players to get good because what's the point. i see this attitude in my own clan mates and it drives me nuts.

A game to be successful does not necessarily need to be have a strong competitive scene, like Waffles so nicely put it: lots of dudes couldn't care less about clans, cups and tournaments and they are not stupid or like AC any less caus of that and lots of them seem to be coming back very often, that says something. The same way that there is nothing wrong with guys that like the thrill of competition (apart from the lame attitude of some of them).
I'm not a very competitive player myself, so I won't say much about this matter, but some sort of official clan ladder would be cool, maybe with some modded servers getting stats specific to clan matches and whatnot, but since I neither have the knowledge, means or will to do such a thing, I'll refrain myself from this topic...

Not sure if inters relle work as a tactical training camp, but I do like to play inters with my mates and the AC's Latin American Front does play lots of them, good games with quite some decent players, if nothing else, to me they are pretty fun. You're all invited to look us up, we usually play around 22:00 eastern time.

As for games with previous set up times, it is relle hard for me to play in them (same for cups and tournaments) caus I have a family and a job, so I play when I have time and I can hardly promise that I'll be able to sit my ass in front the computer for 45 mins without interruptions. I rather have you dudes calling me noob than to get in trouble with the old lady (aka, La Jefe).
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 13, 05:04AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: DrauL, let's be real, it's just a game.
You don't need to be analyzing a person's character to play a bloody game with him.

It wasn't that, i will happily play Undead (and lose). It was the fact that he is a troll, and is in some kind of denial.
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 13, 05:55AM)ElCrema Wrote: A game to be successful does not necessarily need to be have a strong competitive scene

popularity is usually followed by a competitive scene of a relative size, regardless of how much developers help. the most devs can do is support and augment it, or make the game more popular. you can make the game more popular by improving it noticeably, by advertising or a combination of the two methods.

so, we can see we have a problem where the game isn't popular enough to retain a large enough player base to support a competitive scene, and it can't get any more popular because the game is frustrating to play seriously on pubs and completely lacking visually in comparison to other games. perhaps the game would be far more popular in 2001. myself i have nobody to play against during the few hours i get free time so i play league of legends. they provide a superior product and AC doesn't fill my niche aside from nostalgia every now and then. capitalism sucks when you have 0 capital.

(02 Mar 13, 02:15AM)DrauL Wrote: Oh, lord.

I just lost my shit. Excuse me, i will be over here, laughing.

you're a fucking idiot.

(02 Mar 13, 07:20AM)DrauL Wrote: It was the fact that he is a troll, and is in some kind of denial.

can you even define what trolling is? you're the kind of person that thinks calling somebody a cunt is trolling. now kindly fuck off before you derail the thread, an activity trolls excel at doing.
Thanks given by:
Undead, for the fucking goddamn bastard sake, shut the fuck up and be less offensive, thanks.
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 13, 03:11AM)1Cap Wrote: Hmm, a lot ...
How about that? A professional league and other amateur. The professional league runs on a own MasterServer . Amateur leagues run the way it are now. To connect to "professional" MasterServer league you need a tag, a nickname and a password. This competition is for known clans and authorized by participating in a vote.(idk about details yet, i need to think about it...).
This will motivate the players to learn to play , join in a clan and to participate in the "official league" (in another masterserver).
We could create requirements for clans and players entering the official league .. but that's another story. What changes? The league is official, runs on a oficial MasterServer this is security and controled of the official team. Yeah, that team that modifies the game and choose the maps :) - Hight clergy.
** I insist, there is a big difference between "normal" players and clan players who use scripts and play it for a long time. The vast majority of players do not have access to scripts and tips on the game. This is discouraging this people and many drop out.
> I'm not going back to the subject, but a name plus a password seems to be a solution. A name is more important than an IP.
And.. No more scripts.. its a game or a programer competition?

That might divide the community and i'm not sure it's a good idea.
By the way the "auth" system is a work-in-progress (not sure it will ever be implemented though)
Thanks given by:
competitive has been slowly dying for a while now, inters are fun, but a lot of people can't play for fun they are always i think Harrek coined the term in serious rifle sprint mode or post jason/larry influence. I'd like to see AC fixed up before any more serious leagues, ive said this a million times the PUG system would work a treat if it had in game functionality.
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 13, 03:14PM)Vermi Wrote: the PUG system would work a treat if it had in game functionality.

do you think this could also introduce new players to the competitive scene?
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 13, 05:25PM)Cemer Wrote:
(02 Mar 13, 03:14PM)Vermi Wrote: the PUG system would work a treat if it had in game functionality.

do you think this could also introduce new players to the competitive scene?
As long as relatively new players have the ability to know that there is a system like that some way, the ones interested would show up.
Thanks given by:
(02 Mar 13, 12:49PM)Andrez Wrote: Undead, for the fucking goddamn bastard sake, shut the fuck up and be less offensive, thanks.

and you aren't going to reprimand draul? his post was far more inciting. don't be a fucking hypocrite.
Thanks given by:
no offense, competitive AC isnt based on whether Undead is or isnt a troll, or if DrauL is or isnt an idiot.

lets try and go a bit more on topic please :)
Thanks given by:
1. What are your views on the state of competitive AC?

It's inactive, tournaments and ACWC will boost the activity a little, but players are always the same and player base isn't growing.

2. Do you believe inters are still a valuable source of good competitive AC games?

They will always have their place in this game, but compared to clan wars they lack seriousness.

The reason why AC inter wasn't used anymore is that everyone is hanging around in TS or irc channels and instead of using systems like that, they will simply ask others directly. The bot was also annoying.

3. Would you like to see a tourney or a league? Why?

Sooner or later, yes. Competitions job is to give a purpose for the clan matches.

4. Would you consider playing in Pick Up Games (PUGs)? ie similar to what the former acinter tried to do, and set times for games to be played?

Possibly.

5. Any other things you'd like to say?

I see several reasons for the current state of competitive AC scene:

1. New players don't even know that there's such thing as competitive scene in this game. If you go to the pubs and ask them if they know about it, they will be like "What?" and laugh.

This is why a build in PUG system would be good: it's a signal to the players that it's possible to play this game competitively.

2. The game isn't really made for competitive play. Some important features that should have been there for years are currently in "planning state".

3. The game just isn't attractive enough for the current generation of gamers. People only care about graphics, vehicles and other "cool features".

4. New players are really alone in this game. They just jump in through some ugly and not so well made menus and end up playing a game, but so what? There needs to be something that makes you play more. Unlike many "engineer minded" people think, good products don't really sell themselves.

If you want to play competitively, you need to find like minded people of similar skill level in game to play with you. Personally, if I had never met kingCHUBBY, I would not play this game anymore.
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 13, 05:00AM)Undead Wrote:
(02 Mar 13, 12:49PM)Andrez Wrote: Undead, for the fucking goddamn bastard sake, shut the fuck up and be less offensive, thanks.

and you aren't going to reprimand draul? his post was far more inciting. don't be a fucking hypocrite.
He used sarcasm, you went straight. Use your bit of 'smartness' sometimes.
Thanks given by:
I find your lack of offensiveness disturbing.

Take this elsewhere please.
Thanks given by:
Please stay focused on the topic
Thanks given by:
The game at the moment is lacking competitive play because they're is no mid level teams. I don't mean to be rude to teams like B}, Hype but you guys are the stepping stones between the top level teams and the pub players. We need teams like B} to start playing games, to recruit players that want to play in a competitive environment!

Let's take an active FPS at the moment, Counter Strike:GO. Every player has the aspirations to become very good in this game, to get into the top teams like Na'Vi, NiP, VG etc. But to do that you have to progress from pubs into the low skill teams and slowly go up in skill until you get into the teams previously mentioned. Teams like B}, Hype and aK are perfect teams which can do this, but at this moment they are just not playing enough clans to become increasingly better players.

Let's be honest, the top teams will always play in tournaments and keep the game active, but if they have no new players and teams to play, what's the point in continuously playing the game? :P The top players as of right now were once just as bad as the average pub player you see in game at the moment, but we all slowly got better and used the stepping stone clans to get better and better and finally become pros at the game.

Just a few examples include; xenon (TgS) vanquish (aG) waffles (SA) jason (epic) larry (epic) kchub (Xu) Harrek (BC) Sepehr (BC) undead (DES)

I just feel the game is lacking at the moment because the top teams will always be around to play the tournaments etc, but why not make some tournaments with I guess some sort of skill cap? Have some leagues where teams like Hype, aK, B}, SA, even some of the FD lower members (their team is split into sections) could play in this league and in general make the game and new players become better, stronger and eventually be able to compete with the top players in AC which is exactly what we need. It's not the game that's drawing us players away at the moment, it's the fact we always have to play the same players (ask top teams for confirmation on this).
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 13, 04:05PM)Xenon Wrote: It's not the game that's drawing us players away at the moment, it's the fact we always have to play the same players (ask top teams for confirmation on this).

can confirm 80% of recent matches played were vs xenon

edit: maybe more
Thanks given by:
So how can low/mid clans get better? Matches with higher clans?

The thing is though, will higher clans play lower level clans? It may not be as much of a challenge, so would people even enjoy it?

And how would you guys see a division based league work? The last few tourneys geared for lower level clans fizzled out after a while
Thanks given by:
That's what I mean, the mid skill clans need to dedicate themselves more.
Thanks given by:
(04 Mar 13, 10:15PM)Xenon Wrote: That's what I mean, the mid skill clans need to dedicate themselves more.
"Just a few examples include; xenon (TgS) vanquish (aG) waffles (SA) jason (epic) larry (epic) kchub (Xu) Harrek (BC) Sepehr (BC) undead (DES)"

Clans intermediaries remain intermediaries. Players use these clans just like stairs.
When they become good players they just go for more advanced clans. Becouse these advanced clans have sympathy of the community (Devs and Mods and programers). Look, it's becoming a pyramid. On top fewer clans. This is bad, even for these clans. Hax and scripts are not for everyone. This is what changes the gameplay and creates this loophole.
> I am realizing that the devs want players to participate in this forum so that they (players) can improve. The clans also. Became a requirement to use scripts that are here to improve skills. Imagine a player with 3, 4, 10 scripts helping himself. That gives him a BIG advantage. And also the clan.
Edited:.. aff where's BC?
Thanks given by:
1Cap, your rants about scripts are bullshit, half of them don't even help at all. If there's a big skill difference between you and high-skilled teams it's probably for a reason other than a few petty scripts. A script can't help you aim or give you a wallhack, have you ever stopped to consider that the advantages these give are only minor at best? The way you derail every thread with some sort of vendetta against anything you have no knowledge of is embarrassing.
Thanks given by: