Survey
Hi all. I've been thinking about ideas for an AC service, and realized I do not have enough information to appropriately make a decision. If you guys would post your thoughts on these questions here, that would be great!

1. What are your views on the state of competitive AC?

2. Do you believe inters are still a valuable source of good competitive AC games?

3. Would you like to see a tourney or a league? Why?

4. Would you consider playing in Pick Up Games (PUGs)? ie similar to what the former acinter tried to do, and set times for games to be played?

5. Any other things you'd like to say?

---

That is really it. Answer as many questions as you feel appropiate, and hopefully we can create some good discussion. Also, please refrain from being complete flamers, and you guys can settle your arguments elsewhere like civilized people.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
- IMO not as bad as many say, but more competitive active clans are needed.

2. Do you believe inters are still a valuable source of good competitive AC games?
- Yes, you just need to know who to ask.

- Yes, a tourney every once in a while is good to keep the competitiveness going and kind of keep the "clan/team wars" alive.

4. Would you consider playing in Pick Up Games (PUGs)? ie similar to what the former acinter tried to do, and set times for games to be played?
- Would need to hear more about it, don't really know what it'd involve.

- I like pie.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 01:10AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: 5. Any other things you'd like to say?
- I like pie.
[Image: jesuswink.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1) Stagnant due to lack of 1.2.0.0. All the pros group together, which kills off the chance of competitiveness outside of a few clans. Would be nice to have Gold/Silver/Bronze leagues for clans of different levels, but we need more clans to do so, and they'd have to be active.
2) Yes
3) Yes, these are the best part of competition.
4) Yes
5) No
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 01:10AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: 4. Would you consider playing in Pick Up Games (PUGs)? ie similar to what the former acinter tried to do, and set times for games to be played?
- Would need to hear more about it, don't really know what it'd involve.

A set time for people to join a set TS3 server and people create an inter. The catch is that it is a set time each week, similar to AC Weekend Cup, but there are no records- just join up, and have some nice pugs
Thanks given by:
I want to have a lot of inters... When i come back we can have fun :)
Thanks given by:
- There is not enough competitive clans, the top 3 podium is kinda predictible at each tournaments, even if sometimes there are some surprises.

- Yes because it's a good way to train find and test new tactics without a serious screenshot at the end, plus teams are made to be fair in contrary to matches.

- Yes, a regular league (like the TaS league) was kinda good IMO. And some fresh tourneys with new rules (specific map restriction, or weapon restriction (why not?)) would be cool too.

- A website that contains all tourneys/leagues/clans and organise all matches in a competiton orientation would be amazing, I think Lucas worked a bit.

- AR fucked up 1.1 competitons.
Thanks given by:
1. I think it has declined steadily over the years (compared to, say, when acinter first went live and the bot just wouldn't shut up). I hate to be very negative, but I'm unsure how a new version would boost the competitive atmosphere, but I think the core of the competitive atmosphere is still present in the form of clans that are both long-living and at least somewhat skilled/competitive. However I feel that some fall more into one of these two categories rather than be somewhat balanced (which would be ideal).

2. I don't know how inters are as a source of "competition" per say, but at least they provide a mostly reliable source of a good game, since you'll most likely be playing with some reasonably decent players, which gives the opportunity to learn (i.e. I learned a wee bit when I interred with OpTic and Legend that one time).

3. If enough people sign up, a tournament could be good. However that's a big "if," so it depends on the type of tournament. Leagues don't seem to work to well anymore, barring like the TaS League. That ESL thing sure didn't work <_< (thanks to that brazilian guy who kept challenging everybody he saw, only to be a proven hacker...).

4. Not really sure what this is about. If something like this is actually feasible, sure, it can't hurt.

5. Although the competitive scene may seem to be in a lull, it has the potential to get back up to speed.
Thanks given by:
It's fine. Maybe a bit stagnant at the moment, but I think that some clans will pick up in activity and skill once 1.2 is released. I know that I'll start playing consistently again.

I don't play enough CMs, or even inters to judge this, but I think the answer is yes.

Definitely. More competition will never be a bad thing.

Yep, but I doubt that any set time will fit nicely into my schedule.

b}ftw
Thanks given by:
1- We need more competitive clans

2- No, inter=troll matches. Your tactic will not be the same.

3- Yes, it force players to do their best everytimes.

4- i don't know

5- nop
Thanks given by:
Pretty terrible, the only people who regularly want to play matches are oNe, which is pretty appalling for a game with so many clans. There are no decently-run tournaments on atm either, so there's no motivation to play. There's always ACWC of course, but the game only being active for one event a year is pretty sad imho.

No, half the people playing inters these days are quite "low-skilled". It doesn't mean to say this makes inters stupid, it just doesn't make them competitive if your teammate has played the game for three weeks and you're playing a team of pros.

Only if it's well-run. Larry would be perfect to run such a tournament, but I think he doesn't have enough free time. But if a tournament is run badly, it's as bad as having no tourney at all.

Sure.

When cheaters like LeXuS are playing more actively than half of the AC Forum Users, you know you have a problem.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 09:14AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: 5. Any other things you'd like to say?
When cheaters like LeXuS are playing more actively than half of the AC Forum Users, you know you have a problem.

Lame, but can be better if tournaments come along.

I personally find them terrible but some people love them so if some people love them, you may aswell keep them :)

Yes, we've been waiting for 1.2 to make a double elim AND/OR League but since 1.2 hasn't came out as fast as we expected it's just a ticking time bomb before a league/cup happens.

I'd play aslong as people of a high skill level played with me.

Teams that are weaker then the top teams need to play more matches.
Thanks given by:
Inactive. The way I see it, a lot of the "competitive" players are 404 Not Found. Why? Well...

Yep. Gives a chance for other players to improve.

Yep. It would help with the lack of "competitiveness" in AC, and could perhaps reel in them "inactive pros".

Yep. I just don't like the idea of setting times though. My idea of a "pick-up game" is to just spontaneously gather up some players and play.

1v1 me someone plez? I wonder how rusty I am..
Thanks given by:
Before i do this shit, everyone knows i love inters but im shit as compared to almost anyone k?
Clanlessforareason.jpg

AC is still competitive if you are a member of oNe, rC etc. But i think its a problem with the players. Clans need to be a bit firmer with their members, try to get them to play at least one cm a week or couple days, its really good practice and gripping stuff.

Definitely, especially for people like me, and ShadowZ, and other clanless motherfuckers.

First define the two, the former being a one off thing and a league being a sceduled event that happens every so often say a monthly league.

Personally i think thats a horrible idea. No one time is right for everyone.

#acradio on GameSurge, idle please. New updates, staff wanted.
Also excepting clan invites via PM's.
Thanks given by:
For the people who said inters are bad, how could a lower skilled player get into higher level play then? How could inters be made higher skilled or more competitive?
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 01:36PM)Cemer Wrote: For the people who said inters are bad, how could a lower skilled player get into higher level play then? How could inters be made higher skilled or more competitive?

Pubs is now a completely different gameplay compared to matches, inters is the only sure way to make a newcomer progress. Btw the pub level as never been as low as today.

(01 Mar 13, 09:14AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: When cheaters like LeXuS are playing more actively than half of the AC Forum Users, you know you have a problem.

Players like Plenas were still playing a lot after all the range bans etc...
But Xenon Jorik were still playing right after their bans if i remember well, the real issue is about players like Xemi/Feng, how the community can accept to play with/against those guys?
Thanks given by:
@ Cemer
Just an example, no offense to Mr. Waffles/other names used.
  • Undead oldschool pr0
  • Teaches Waffles how to be pro to spread the joy of competitive play.
  • Waffles doesn't inter with n00bs, and never helps lesser players like Undead helped him.
  • Flow of new good players dies due to lack of Mr.Waffles 'Advanced AC' class.
  • Everyone stockpiles into 2-3 clans instead of splitting up into 15 active & competitive clans because they need to be carried by Undead and aren't good enough to carry others.

Hence it's all Waffles fault & he should make a how to hax guide that teaches all of Undead's ancient secrets.
Thanks given by:
I didn't play on any pub servers until after my baaaaaaan:3
Thanks given by:
1) What Xenon said
2) Jorik never got banned iirc
3) Can you explain how Xemi & Feng are issues? Xemi's an ex-cheater and Feng's a troll, just like the hundreds of other ex-cheaters and trolls in the community. I don't see an issue...
4) Is this the appropriate place to discuss this?
Thanks given by:
1) sortof inactive
2) sometimes, it can be nice to train a weapon
3) yeeeeees
4) sure
5) exoduss is butthurt he gets raped by people playing AR
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 02:47PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: 1) What Xenon said
2) Jorik never got banned iirc
3) Can you explain how Xemi & Feng are issues? Xemi's an ex-cheater and Feng's a troll, just like the hundreds of other ex-cheaters and trolls in the community. I don't see an issue...
4) Is this the appropriate place to discuss this?

its not the best topic to discuss this, but as long as it doesn't go out of hand, it should be fine.
Thanks given by:
bad players go pro by playing a lot (this could even be in a pub if you're using it as target practice), having a bit of talent, and having a good setup. thankfully in AC its much easier to get to a good level than in other games. if you want to become amazing tactically, you must join a clan. inters don't cut it.

if you're good you might get recognized, but don't count on it. its better to carry yourself up.

(01 Mar 13, 02:01PM).ExodusS* Wrote: how the community can accept to play with/against those guys?
you would have to start playing first to understand why.

by the way, there's no illuminati of clans vetoing other clans from playing. i want more clans to play, its just that the worse off clans never want to play against us. even clans not that much worse than us like FD and BoB outright refuse to play us. pretty funny how half the people commenting have barely ever played clan matches
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 03:38PM)Undead Wrote: pretty funny how half the people commenting have barely ever played clan matches

thats what this survey is trying to address, although more focused to competitive in general. its hypocritical for me as i play anyway, but i'd like to try and revive the dead part of AC. from what ive heard, there is no low level seen anymore, partly due to the fact most clans dont want to play matches they know they'll get destroyed. do higher level clans even want to play a significantly lower level clan?
Thanks given by:
it's not my fault. nobody wants me to explain in detail intuitive parts of the game. I'd probably just confuse the shit outta people. And when i was in BoB i did try and train a number of people.

i think the major issue is that all of the mid-skill clans have died. without these clans that would get their player base from pub players, we're not actively bringing more players into the clan scene. players will always come and go, but inters ( as was v-mans case), and clans (=SA= in my case) are what drive new players to pursue the game in bigger ways.

jason once had the great idea to make a team that was tied to MyS but was not actually the MyS team, it would take lower skilled players, give them a clan to play in, and teach them the ropes in the hope that they would eventually be of quality enough to play. However, most players that end up getting to higher skill levels don't want to spend their time teaching complete noobs. Me playing sauer is a good example, very few people actually vocalize to me what im doing poorly, but have no problem bashing me up in games. that's part of the learning process though.

the clan AC was trying to do a similar thing, although it was poorly executed.

tl;dr join |dOs|, i'll teach you how to play the game and all "undead's" secrets.

edit: the biggest problem is what people consider fun. the "pros" maybe favor the competitive nature of the game and enjoy the tension and delayed gratification of getting really good at the game. others play for a release and never want to pursue it seriously. everyone's got lives. what maybe could help this is not demeaning every new player that comes along and not having a negative attitude about the game. the pros talk shit on the game, doesn't drive new players to get good because what's the point. i see this attitude in my own clan mates and it drives me nuts.
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 05:29PM)Waffles Wrote: I'd probably just confuse the shit outta people. And when i was in BoB i did try and train a number of people.

*me confirms*

(makes the statement false that mr.waffles didnt teach anyone anything)
Thanks given by:

Many clan still accept to play clan matches regularly but you need to wait for hours (really) before finding them : FD ED AOD BoB .45 HsOs aK (and maybe HyPE MA SA and xW when they have enough players online).

Yes because it occurs on private servers so most of the time people aren't new to the game. I like inters btw, I can use sniper even on maps I usually never snipe :p

Not really. It will fail btw. There is not enough players ready to play to start a league. Look at the AC weekend cup, 4 or 5 team max at the end.

Yes, fix the devs team!
"blah blah hate blah blah spit blah blah vomit" content removed by Cleaner!
Thanks given by:
1) Pretty bad
2)imo it's not, the people dont take it as serious as matches which makes it uncompetitive
3) ofc, because it would bring more activity and competition
4)Not really, i dont want to set a time and not be there, i'd rather stay on ts and asking ppl/ ppl asking me for a cm in 5 mins
Thanks given by:
(01 Mar 13, 04:53PM)Cemer Wrote: do higher level clans even want to play a significantly lower level clan?

i don't know but they don't want to play oNe.
they get on their high horse and call me a troll.
Thanks given by:
I'll not answer to offensive and stupid posts about me and just focus on the thread.

(01 Mar 13, 02:47PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: 3) Can you explain how Xemi & Feng are issues? Xemi's an ex-cheater and Feng's a troll, just like the hundreds of other ex-cheaters and trolls in the community. I don't see an issue...

First of all, I didn't know Xemi was an ex-cheater, but all I know from him is that he uses many scripts (like the script 888 posted one day on this forum) that offer a huge and very unfair advantage (almost a wall-hack), the client he was using had 'ghost pickups/flags' trough-able by bullets and he knew it, he probably used some hacks too but I don't know.
About Feng issue, he used a cheat client for sure, he even made a video about it where we could clearly watch non-filtred bright skins and the famous auto-switch.
Now I make the link with the topic, those players are regulary playing matches (Feng often ask me for inters/matches on Teamspeak and the rC's forum is full of matches with Xemi inside) and I really wonder why everyone accept to play with them, please explain me.
And by the way, the butthurt ExodusS that can not give his advices on the 'competitive AC's scene' played more than 400 matches and probably even more inters before and during the 1.1.
Thanks given by:

That does not matter. Ask the Dev's what they consider competitive.
We are just "guests" here. Everyone is watching what exists now. Even the Dev's. And what they think is what counts.

Play interclan without TS is a game in pubs with fewer people.
Clanmatch has TS and tactics. It's different. Yes, Inter's are fun. Competitive? Not necessarily.

It makes no difference what I see .. What matters is the opinion of the DEV's.
However, it will be a competition of who has the best game modification.

Any resource to facilitate a relationship between people for fun is good.

Edited: reading: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-147.html saw that you can put a PM in a post. Just as you believe that there is a reason for that. And the reason is the less important ;) im cured

We are the last of Sparta.
The game will change its name?
(Note: DEV's, advertising out there that will be is equal to that which you guys have here inside.)
Thanks given by: