Translators Wanted
I speak fluent Shimmy. It's a recognized language. Just shimmy jamz. He's a protege in the art of awesomeness.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 10:17PM)MorganKell Wrote: I speak fluent Shimmy. It's a recognized language. Just shimmy jamz. He's a protege in the art of awesomeness.

See heres, a problem, were so completely weird, we dont know if your being serious or not xD
Thanks given by:
Do you need a Swedish translation? I didn't get if you wi use the other guys.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 10:48PM)Murmer Wrote: See heres, a problem, were so completely weird, we dont know if your being serious or not xD

He's not kidding.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 11:24PM)Cemer Wrote:
(04 Jan 12, 10:48PM)Murmer Wrote: See heres, a problem, were so completely weird, we dont know if your being serious or not xD

He's not kidding.

Theres a Shimmy Language...?
Thanks given by:
I think if we really want to promote and spread AssaultCube, we should bring it to Asia. Billions of people xD
Thanks given by:
Here is a Russian translation.
This is a first edition, some strings need to be corrected a little bit.
But for this I need to check their directly in game. How can i do this?
Thanks given by:
i could help with a dutch translation?
Thanks given by:
@FANTOMAS.UA: looks good to me (the format, I don't speak russian ;) ). Unfortunately, this can't be checked in-game ATM. As flowtron wrote, UTF-8 support isn't really there yet. But I think you can leave it as is for now, minor fixes can be applied later, as soon as we have UTF-8 done. Thanks for your contribution!

@Marti: sure, that would be nice! Does Dutch even require any special characters?
Thanks given by:
Dutch hasn't got any special characters :)

just regular A-Z :D
Thanks given by:
(16 Oct 11, 12:37PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: I am more than happy to help with a French version of it, tbh when I read the topic title I though it would have be a much more bigger and complex task.
As you mentioned "sentence structures", in French they are the other way round compare to English, in French too you have special characters like "àâéèùç" but I suppose I would be able to avoid them, anyhow I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

Hi Cleaner, did you make the french translation?
I started one before noticing your post. Is yours done or should i finish mine?
Thanks given by:
(15 Feb 12, 09:32PM)LySioS Wrote: Hi Cleaner, did you make the french translation?
I started one before noticing your post. Is yours done or should i finish mine?

Actually there was only a few bits to fix to finish it but it had since totally skipped my mind, you can join me whenever on irc @ irc://irc.gamesurge.net/akimbo so we can have it sorted.

Thanks given by:
Well, I just missed you on the AC irc.
I completed my translation :)
Here it is:
http://lysios.free.fr/AC/AC_fr_UTF-8.pot (updated)
http://lysios.free.fr/AC/AC_fr.pot (updated)

There was some stuff i wasn't sure about. Sentences I've never run into while playing or some specific words.
The hardest part to translate was from line 370 to 377. I didn't manage to find the correct french sentence so I found my way around...
Thanks given by:
Translate Shimmy you say? Certainly!
Thanks given by:
(15 Feb 12, 11:16PM)LySioS Wrote: Well, I just missed you on the AC irc.
Here it is:
http://lysios.free.fr/AC/AC_fr_UTF-8.pot
http://lysios.free.fr/AC/AC_fr.pot

There was some stuff i wasn't sure about. Sentences I've never run into while playing or some specific words.
The hardest part to translate was from line 370 to 377. I didn't manage to find the correct french sentence so I found my way around...

#: client.cpp:684
#, c-format
msgid "map %s is too large to send"
msgstr "la carte %s est trop grande pour etre envoyee

Isn't it "la carte %s est trop/tres grande pour envoyer" ?
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 12, 04:41AM)Cemer Wrote:
(15 Feb 12, 11:16PM)LySioS Wrote: Well, I just missed you on the AC irc.
Here it is:

#: client.cpp:684
#, c-format
msgid "map %s is too large to send"
msgstr "la carte %s est trop grande pour etre envoyee

Isn't it "la carte %s est trop/tres grande pour envoyer" ?

tres -> no
The underline part is not really proper french.

btw, I wasn't sure about large in this message. Does it mean the map is oversized (long distances in the map) or too heavy ?
Thanks given by:
@ Cemer, both are correct but actually LySioS is closer to what a French speaking player is suppose to read...

French is a quite complicated language that you cannot basically translate and we don't want it to look like one of these hilarious instruction manuals you can find in gear imported from some foreign countries (I will not name any).

@ LySioS, didn't had time to check it yet, I'll compare both yours and mine when I have finished with the mapmodels package, shouldn't take long now.

EDIT: btw, even within the French gaming population a map is called "une map" not "une carte", this is what I meant about basic translation.

Thanks given by:
I can translate in French.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, Ap0, but as you can see, we already have two French translations :)

Oh, by the way: I noticed you address the player formally ("vous"), whereas in the German translation, it's more informal ("Du"). I have no idea what is commonly used in French games/software/... or if "tu" would be impolite or just weird, but I thought I'd mention it.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 12, 11:56AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: EDIT: btw, even within the French gaming population a map is called "une map" not "une carte", this is what I meant about basic translation.

Yeah, I'm french lol so I know that ;) There are some thing that don't need to be translated but to which extent?
I kept the word Demo which doesn't mean much for us.
I can be wrong but I believe "carte" makes more sense than "map" to french newbies (virgin players, not new AC players).

PS: I also admire canadian for their ability to translate almost everything in french while in France, a lot of words, expressions, titles are in english while the majority of the population can't pronunce it correctly... So maybe I'm an extremist translator ^^
Thanks given by:
By a fast look-through I can spot several grammar errors in the Swedish version, how does this get solved? I edit it and upload it here, and a third person checks if its better or not?
Thanks given by:
OK LySioS, unless so minor setbacks on that mapmodels package I am now available to sort this one out.

Between you and I you should trust me about translation, I am Belgian and let me remind you that it has been handled to a Belgian team to translate Monty Python's movies and every episodes of the Flying Circus... Isn't that a reference?

Canadian wise they have this bad habit of defending 'a' French distorted lingo, meaning by this that they translate American to a sort of French...

This can be argued also in English/American color/colours, French/Swiss/Belgian Soixante dix/Septante, Quatre vingt/Hectante.

As I said, we'll compare and make the best of it ;)
Thanks given by:
@ LySioS we had more or less the same version, check out here my suggestions.

I have put them after slashes // where propositions where made, once both happy we can send it.

Some are very minor changes tbh but on the other hand I still think the map instead of carte would be more appropriate but that's no big deal really.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 12, 11:51PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Canadian wise they have this bad habit of defending 'a' French distorted lingo, meaning by this that they translate American to a sort of French...

Sorry. T___T

And LySioS, the underline was to show that I changed the text.

(17 Feb 12, 11:51PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Soixante dix/Septante, Quatre vingt/Hectante.

And if I read this correctly, the first part of the slash is the France French? Because I learned it the first way. I didn't know there were other variants.

Shouldn't there be at least two french dialect translations if the differences are major?
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure the number before the slash is french french. Think about which one resembles English more closely.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 12, 07:56AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Pretty sure the number before the slash is french french. Think about which one resembles English more closely.

Americans use color though. At least last time I checked.
Thanks given by:
We did struggle a little but finished it last night, LySioS is going to post the outcome sometime today.

No need for several French versions - there isn't any for English/American - French is French and that's it, anyhow we (me being Belgian and him French) have sorted it the more comprehensible way one could possibly find.

Thanks given by:
Quote:Shouldn't there be at least two french dialect translations if the differences are major?
No, the differences are small. In any case, a french understand a belgian and vice-versa. (belgian don't get our jokes on them though.... :D and vice-versa?)
There are many variants of french language: canadian, belgium, swiss, african, ...
You could make a specific file for each one of them but it would be useless as all understand franco-french.

Quote:Think about which one resembles English more closely.
Nah, that would be bad oO

Quote:We did struggle a little but finished it last night
and there was nobody to bet on the winner, sad ^^

Seriously, here come the files updated:

Thanks given by:
Oops right at the bottom...
msgstr "..redémarrez AssaultCube pour que les changements soit pris en compte"

Should be...
msgstr "..redémarrez AssaultCube pour que les changements soient pris en compte"

Thanks given by:
Yeah right, I forgot to change the verb too.
It's fixed now.
Thanks given by: