(Mapmodels) Shipping Container
A while ago when the container textures came out someone mentioned that it could be nice to actually be able to get in.
There it is with a door open on both sides.

Get it >>> Here <<<

[Image: container_1_1316091268.gif]
Thanks given by:
Great work, Cleaner!
This is a really wonderful addition :)
Thanks given by:
awesome :D
Thanks given by:
Wait till you get to the clipping part before thanking me XD
Thanks given by:
thats a point.
can it be clipped so you can walk on top?
Thanks given by:
yeah, you just have to put a clip where the top of the container is.
Cleaner I am glad you didn't put the doors at any funny angles :D
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 11, 10:30PM)Lantry Wrote: Cleaner I am glad you didn't put the doors at any funny angles :D
Actually I did in the first place then I though about the clipping which would have been a pain in the neck :D

Thanks given by:
Great work!
I REALLY wish this was official. I know I say that a lot but yeah. xD
Thanks given by:
CULT OF CLEANER.

HIGH PRIEST NEEDED.
Thanks given by:
THIS MUST BE A OFFICIAL MAPMODEL!
Thanks given by:
Make one with closed doors.
inb4 there's textures: I want to see you make a 30 degree rotated container using map geometry :P
Thanks given by:
Looks cool and it's practical :D
Yeah!
Thanks given by:
amazing
Thanks given by:
All your map models should be added to the official package, they're just extraordinary.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your support folks but I don't think this one can be added into the official package since the clipping part cannot be simply done via the cfg config (or praise the one whom can sort that one out).

EDIT: SKB I'll sort you that whenever I have time, that would be the simplest model ever since it's just a box XD
Thanks given by:
I know this isn't the place for this discussion, but I feel like the only models that should be included in the package should be the ones used in the official maps (i.e., the maps in the package).
Not trying to knock Cleaner's or anyone else's work, I just think that this is most in line with the "spirit" of AC. Also, it would hopefully encourage people to look in Akimbo and other places for models, and would encourage the devs to streamline the adding of additional media.

BTW I almost feel like I should be creating a new thread for this, so if it turns into a discussion please split it :D
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 11, 12:36PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: THIS MUST BE A OFFICIAL MAPMODEL!
F1

(17 Sep 11, 05:28AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: All your map models should be added to the official package, they're just extraordinary.
F1
Thanks given by:
You are indeed right Lantry, I am not saying that having my work added in the official package wouldn't make my day but let's face it, the main point with AC is that the game should be as lightweight as possible for basic download and I fully agree that it should remain like this.
Anyone can afterwards according to it's machine's capacities add whatever custom item desired.
tbh I am quite satisfied contributing to the game via AKIMBO.
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 11, 07:52AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Thanks for your support folks but I don't think this one can be added into the official package since the clipping part cannot be simply done via the cfg config
What about the guard tower?
Thanks given by:
(17 Sep 11, 11:50AM)Frogulis Wrote: What about the guard tower?
Well, prolly then XD
Thanks given by:
Is the guard tower used on any official map?
Thanks given by:
Nope.
Thanks given by:
It is in ac_deltaforce! <3
Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 11, 09:32AM)Orynge Wrote: It is in ac_deltaforce! <3
... and twice, right next to each other, in the excellent ac_cavern.
[Image: XvZ6As.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Awesome use of mapmodel is awesome.
Thanks given by:
so the only mapmodels that should be used should be the official ones? how do you think alot of the official ones started out, as non official. Alot of cleaners mapmodels should be added to add more of a realistic feel to the game.
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 11, 12:55PM)SKB Wrote: Make one with closed doors.
inb4 there's textures: I want to see you make a 30 degree rotated container using map geometry :P

OK, now use is as a mapmodel and make a 30° rotated (how can you know it's 30°?) good luck.

(19 Sep 11, 03:33PM)Joe Smith Wrote: so the only mapmodels that should be used should be the official ones? how do you think alot of the official ones started out, as non official. Alot of cleaners mapmodels should be added to add more of a realistic feel to the game.

A good AC mapper can make a good map with only official contents (you have the ac_cavern example). And non-used official mapmodels can be used for good maps.

But yes i agree, ther's some official mapmodels/textures who should NOT be official. (a lot of textures)

Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 11, 09:22AM)jamz Wrote:
(18 Sep 11, 09:32AM)Orynge Wrote: It is in ac_deltaforce! <3
... and twice, right next to each other, in the excellent ac_cavern.
[Image: XvZ6As.jpg]
Sly as a fox!

Thanks given by:
(19 Sep 11, 05:28PM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...textures who should NOT be official. (a lot of textures)
*ahem*Ugly rug/wood texture

Thanks given by: