6th Official Mapping Contest
No .cfg errors this time? :P
Thanks given by:
Here my entry and the first map I've ever made for AC so it'll not be the best. But I'm happy with the way it has turned out.
So without further yammering on. I give you Abandoned Keep.

A little backstory for my enjoymnet.
A long abandoned keep which up until now how lost all its strategical value but suddenly CLA see it as a highly valueable position. RVSF forces move in to secure it away from CLA forces.

Some pictures.
[Image: 14976243d20db28621f220cd44fc2cabffbb02db.jpg]
[Image: 149762443bf2ea15a81eb66d1a6b788151c63c54.jpg]
[Image: 1497624662e1920e50ae2f970d2c0db8b83a7fe4.jpg]
[Image: 1497624746bc1cba5a386c1a206eced023e052f3.jpg]
Download link. Abandoned Keep
Thanks given by:
Thank you Robtics :D
Thanks given by:
I see some nice maps here :p
Here's another preview of ac_ifran

[Image: 20111104_23.49.jpg]

[Image: 20111104_23.52.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wow ... i think i need to start one, looks like there are a lof of good maps coming this time! :)

<3
Thanks given by:
My maps name is ac_surface.

Edit: here is my entry http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4193.html
Thanks given by:
Maybe i should start a map. XD
Thanks given by:
(08 Nov 11, 06:02PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Maybe i should start a map. XD

Please do. :P
Thanks given by:
maps all so sexy
Thanks given by:
When is the deadline for the maps to be submitted?
Thanks given by:
(12 Sep 11, 01:06PM)jamz Wrote: The deadline is January 1st
Thanks given by:
Okey.. Here's my entry (which is still in beta) for the 6th official mapping contest
More details will be added later.

[Image: ss03.jpg]

[Image: ss04.jpg]

More SS Here

Download from Akimbo

Mirror 2

Note: In case I don't post an update of this map, so this version will be the final one, Hope you like it

Thanks given by:
Cause of some recents news i'll obviously not make a map for this contest.
Since the start i didn't have the time to map/spend a lot of time on AC and it should continue.
I know that mapping take me all the free time i have (and more) so you will not see my name in this contest.
Btw: i don't really like this theme (it don't inspire me :s) even if it is a good one. I think that a lot of snow stuffs were already all made in maps like ac_arctic/ac_werk (and others...) and the only one thing that mappers didn't work on was the intense use of heighfield for snow/ice effect (and heighfields are too mutch long/boring/hard to make on AC).

I already tryed something like this (2 days of work for the heighfields/texturing) :
[Image: 20111120.jpg]

But i let you imagine how many times it should takes me to make an entire map like this.
And i didn't start by the gameplay/paths so i can't obviously insert this room in a map with a good gameplay.
Maybe (i hope) the next one.

Good luck to all mappers, everything is possible if you want and if you take the time to work well. The cube engine is very limited but your imagination is not.
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 10:56PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I already tryed something like this (2 days of work for the heighfields/texturing) :

Really? 2 days of work? lol it's too much no?
I wanted to see your map in this contest. Maybe next time ;)
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 11:06PM)sniperz Wrote:
(20 Nov 11, 10:56PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I already tryed something like this (2 days of work for the heighfields/texturing) :

Really? 2 days of work? lol it's too much no?

All my map starts are as long as this one, it must be perfect cause the level will be increase rooms after rooms.

I'll try to play the next contest, it must end before September 2012 or near. (or maybe not...)

BTW: i just tested your map Sniper and... wtf it's not finished!
Maybe you didn't upload the good version cause they are missing lights and clips are stranges but that's not all.

Thanks given by:
Nop it's the correct version...
I know lighting isn't the best, thats why i said it was a beta version, and I posted it in case i won't have time to finish it. Btw, Can you tell me where clips are strange?
I left some places unclipped, so "players" are more "free", I don't like the idea when everything is clipped, just take a look at my other maps like ac_zanka ou ac_casa2 ..
The map is a bit "dark", but if you take a look at other games maps you'll see that a night themed map is always a bit dark, not like the majority of maps in AC. That's called Realisme !
And as I said before, there will be some changements if I have enough free time.
Thanks given by:
No no i just spoke about this light:
http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/20111122.jpg

But this clip is a bit strange for me:
http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/20111121.jpg
Thanks given by:
About that place with no lights, It's meant to be dark.. But I may add some idk
And for the clip, It's the only way and the easiest way to clip those rocks. If you're talking about the clip in the right, It's kinda weird I admit, but don't forget that players won't give a damn about clips because they just want to "play", they won't see that online unless they load the map in coop mode.
Thanks given by:
(21 Nov 11, 06:00PM)sniperz Wrote: About that place with no lights, It's meant to be dark.. But I may add some idk
I'd suggest that you do.
I don't have AC on this computer so I can't actually try it out, but I can't actually see the wall in that screenshot. My brightness is relatively low and I'm on a CRT, not an LCD, but, y'know :S

Sorry about my lack of vocabulary 'n' stuff, I'm tired x)
Thanks given by:
Well mines probably not the best , but i'm entering ac_icicle =)

Sneak preview here cuz i've still got a lot of work to do on the map...

eg. lights , intense detail , and some textures

[Image: acicicle1.jpg]

Also is it ok if i enter as a newcomer? thank you :)
Thanks given by:
The map models look very pleasing to the eye, good luck finishing it up Titan :)
Thanks given by:
Who is regarded a "newcomer" this time around?
Thanks given by:
I think someone that has never published a map before is considered a newcomer here.
Thanks given by:
oh i've done around 3-4 maps but i've never subbed one for the map competition... do i count ?
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 11, 07:31AM)Titan Wrote: oh i've done around 3-4 maps but i've never subbed one for the map competition... do i count ?
Quote:You must have been a major contributor to two, or fewer, maps to be considered a newcomer.

Thanks given by:
So err thats a no ?
Thanks given by:
[Image: acicicle2.jpg]

Another room done >:) tell me if the lightings ok cuz this is the first time i've done this blue stuff :L I did purely blue before and i was wondering how it didnt turn out like halo's :L Then i randomed 60 60 150 and voila :)
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3781.html
4 published maps by Titan right there. need 2 or less to be "amateur noob" level. So you're stuck on the pro level. :D

[troll]You don't want lighting like Halo anyways, he always gets 2nd place.[/troll]
Thanks given by:
i had previously mentioned to titan that even with his amount of published maps that he could enter as a newcomer, because, well, he is still a newcomer

@nightmare
atleast i still get official maps and my maps don't just disappear, atleast you still see them and get attention

haters gonna hate
Thanks given by:
<3 Halo.

and k :s
newcomer hax for a pro
Thanks given by: