Titan's maps
Hi :D I'm -Titan- .. I'm mainly a mapper, and I've got a map here for ya :D Hope you like ..

CLA base helped by -scr3w-Stever_3m :DD

[Image: andesert.th.jpg]

Sorry if its not as flashy ... And yeah I just found out there is someone else with the same nick as me after going on akimbo, so I'll be using the name -Titan- from now :D

> Download here < UPDATED

I spent quite a bit of time on this so.. Any opinions would be appreciated :D

-----------------------------------------

And now my next map , a mod of Brionus's poseidon . Had to fix so many glitches in the heightfielding , and i think there are some left as well. Anyways, added some nice lagoon lighting to it as well :D

> Download here <

[Image: anposeidon.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3rd map :D small 10 minute map I made for LSS .. Nothing flashy etc... enjoy :D

> Download here <

[Image: angarden.th.jpg]

Next one ... AC glacier :D Nice map made by Syntax and me :D Has the sexiest lighting everr :P Rooftop map on the way as well, and one of Ducketts unfinished maps :D Stay tuned....

> Download here < REUPLOADED WITH THE CFG :D Sorry bout that guys :D

Thanks given by:
/map review time

Okay, I like the map, it's good, especially for a first map, and I like the use of niebs textures. Overall it looks like it has good gameplay, aswell as nice detailing. However, I noticed some detail errors, and some things I personally don't like to see in maps.

Texture Errors

[Image: akV03.jpg]

Case # 1 : In this case, the wooden texture is seen with a brick texture on top of it.

[Image: pVgBI.jpg]

Case # 2 : In this case, the wall textures run together I suggest A. you put another wooden pole there, or B. Change it to your desired texture.

[Image: fvbQp.jpg]

Case # 3 : This case, you see less often, and I understand some people cbf fixing this.

Corner Error

[Image: 5mwsP.jpg]

This is the only corner error, I could pick out in my overview, but things like these are just annoying to see.

[Image: QCUSe.jpg]

This, is acceptable, since you put it in a concealed place, but I know myself, and some others really don't like you trade marking yourname on every map you make, but if it means that much, put your name on the mapmsg, and leave it.

Now, I did see a part I really liked, and is really good for a beginner

[Image: v72Uk.jpg]

This part, I really thought was nice, and good detail for a beginning mapper, I hope you turn out to be a great mapper someday

Now, I'm not being mean or anything, I like the map, this is just constructive criticism, you can take my advice or not, either way, nice map, I hope you continue Mapping.
Thanks given by:
#3 I think you are talking about the way the wood grain runs?

The way texture selection is done in AC is very annoying, and I can imagine why you wouldn't want to find it again.
Thanks given by:
Yes, RR I'm talking about the way it's
_ _
_|_|

And Not
____
____
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 07:55AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: #3 I think you are talking about the way the wood grain runs?

The way texture selection is done in AC is very annoying, and I can imagine why you wouldn't want to find it again.

I know right !!!! It was so annoying having to keep scrolling to the texture i wanted ... Anyways for my next map, I'm just doing a quick mod of one of those old maps that nobody ever plays .... I found one (Poseidon by Brionus) that i'll be modding , and hopefully more people play it :D After that i'm either doing a snow map (will get ideas from arctic, snow, and werk) , or a skyscraper map (everybody loves those :D)
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 08:10AM)Titan Wrote: skyscraper map (everybody loves those :D)

I see what you did there ;). I hope.
Thanks given by:
Fixed and updated Duckett ....
And I'm ready for you to go epic rage on the 2nd map ... >.<
Thanks given by:
Is this map on any servers, I'm too lazy to download, and shit?
Sorry for double post in advance, but

I don't even want to evaluate that, the first version was horrible (I say this being a close friend of brionus) I wouldn't evaluate any map that was modded from any of his.
Thanks given by:
They look nice,i might download later
Thanks given by:
lol @ Duckett xD Anyways ... Next map will either be a small garden type map (haven't tried that yet, will probably be a really detailed size 6 lss map), a snow map (easy to do , i'll just merge arctic, snow , and werk together :D) or ... .... ... ... ... ... ... skyscraper city >.< hehe
Thanks given by:
Garden map finished
Thanks given by:
Meh, I'll review once again when you have made a nice large map, for CTF/HTF Purposes.
Thanks given by:
I reali like the first, even if the concept is original.
Maybe there are too mutch large/empty spaces, forgget about the bugs you are a begginer and you made nice work. :)
Thanks given by:
oh yeah .. couldn't figure out what to do with the empty bits... was just practicing the AC map styles
Thanks given by:
It doesn't look like anyone's said anything about this yet, but please upload your maps here and here instead of megaupload.
Thanks given by:
I tried akimbo but when i tried to register the whole page glitched
Thanks given by:
Try sending a PM to Cleaner about it.
Akimbo • Viewing profile - Cleaner
AssaultCube - Forum - Profile of DES|Cleaner
Thanks given by:
Hey Titan, I'm a moderator on akimbo, so, should I upload it for you? :)
Thanks given by:
Having played your desert map, I've gotta say that its really excellent for a first map. Well done! My one complaint was with the pickups. You should have a look at re-arranging them.
Thanks given by:
The registering page often glitch... (gray/black vertical lights?)
Thanks given by:
^yeah !! big long black bar in the middle and grey in the sides
Thanks given by:
(19 Aug 11, 05:01AM)Titan Wrote: ^yeah !! big long black bar in the middle and grey in the sides
It happen every now and then, Rytis is on the case... You just need to retry at a later time.

In the meantime as Dementium4ever mentioned we can upload it for you, just get in touch with us for help either on AKIMBO's forum or IRC.

Thanks given by:
Okie
Thanks given by:
Titan: don't mind Duckett lol his first maps don't compare to these :P
I say you did a good job to be a beginner. Those minor things Duckett pointed out are corrected by now, i assume.
As for the second map,... ok this is coming from a mapper, but we usually don't prefer our maps to be edited without permission being given to do so. It does look cool, gives it a different look and feel, but it would be best to ask Brio before modding it.
Thanks given by:
Hey, I said it was a good map, and yes these are hella better than my first maps. I just pointed out some flaws. And yours weren't this good either :(.
Thanks given by:
lol i never said mine was good :P mine was prolly worse than yours xD
Thanks given by:
okie JamJam
Thanks given by:
poseidon map was pretty and <3

The other map looked very nice, especially for a 1st map or so. :D
one door bases were kind of awkward. And 4 Kevlars on a small/medium sized map is a little overkill. :D

Those are minor complaints considering its one of your first maps. So you have very good potential. :D
Thanks given by:
Hehe :D I'm working on a snow map now ... I'll show you tomorow and maybe you can help me with it
Thanks given by:
AC_glacier is uploaded :D
Thanks given by: