6th Official Mapping Contest
(14 Sep 11, 03:42AM)Titan Wrote: lol "white stuff" .... .... .... .... idk if its just me but does that sound sick ...... nvm its just me :L

Kiwis... tsk tsk.... :L

EDIT: You are a Kiwi... right...? <_<
Thanks given by:
Oh, mmh i mean...no more official maps? :D
The best prize for a mapper is to see his map to be played!
Thanks given by:
Agreed with Exo. Map being in the official list would make my day <3

-Next tease is up! :D-
http://www.upload.ee/image/1658404/tease3.jpg
Thanks given by:
Awesome-tastic theme, bro.

I've been wanting to see some good new snow maps in AC for a while now!
Thanks given by:
ac_gletscher ;) good luck to every mapper out here!
Thanks given by:
ac_lainio, cause everyone likes a small map at heart
Thanks given by:
(14 Sep 11, 07:43PM)Pi_Halo Wrote: cause everyone likes a small map at heart

They are easier to make :P
Thanks given by:
ac_forge, because I've been working on this for a while.
Thanks given by:
Small map <3
Thanks given by:
i need help for my map.
Thanks given by:
I'll try and fail hard. :3
Thanks given by:
Well, I think I'll participate, I dont know if as a newcomer or experienced but, if you don't know I map since January 2011... Some people know about some of my maps, and they say I'm very good, but I just ran out of ideas. I think I will participate with X-Ray_Dog, or Exia, if he's here at forum.cubers.net too - I map greatly with them - but nothing is clear, I can barely get into AC due to connectivity problems - I'm back to the 32 Kilobits per sec era...

If I do participate I'm not going for first, mainly because I know that there are a lot of great mappers out there, better than me. But I think I'll participate only if I go along with X-Ray_Dog or Exia. I wished to also show you one map I think it would do great for this contest, name's "Biohazard". Still a beta, but me, Cho and X-Ray_Dog worked on it. And DON'T complain about the names, I'm gonna remove them on the next rev - should be ready tomorrow. For those who recognize it from Unreal Tournament 3, Yes, this map is based on the Unreal Tournament 3 Biohazard - BASED, it's not the exact map...
Links:
http://ompldr.org/vYWQyNg - The .cfg;
http://ompldr.org/vYWQyNw - The .cgz.

Note I'm not participating yet, this map is just for public evaluation - it's NOT worth for the contest.
Thanks given by:
You should make your own thread for that map if you're not entering it into the contest yet.
Thanks given by:
I'm entering with ac_supersexysnowmap ... Jokes :P I'm in for the competition .. I just don't know what to call it T_T ...

@Fate: Duuuuuuuh...
@Snoo: ZOMG!!! UR MAP DUH SEXY!!!!!!! Makes mine look noob -__- If I don't win the grand prize, I gotta at least hit best newcomer ... Speaking of which .... Whats the prize for best newcomer ? $25 amazon voucher?

EDIT: @Halo: UR MAP DUH SEXIER THAN SNOOSNOO :) MY MAP WILL BECOME DUH SEXIER THAN SNOO SNOO ... SNOOOOOOOOOO ya later :)
Thanks given by:
(15 Sep 11, 10:45AM)*Champion Wrote: I think I will participate with X-Ray_Dog, or Exia, if he's here at forum.cubers.net too -

I teamed with NightHawkd. We teamed up before you said anything, soz :D

Hope to see great maps from newcomers like me and extremely complex maps from old timers!
Thanks given by:
ac_glacier, TAKEN.
EDIT: ac_glacial, since ac_glacier is already used.
Thanks given by:
Im gonna enter best of luck to all. I hope to recreate a real street or something but I might not finish.
Thanks given by:

I may have to skip this one. :'(
Thanks given by:
I'll map with DaylixX, we just choose the theme (yeah it's not, but the real theme ;D).
I'll try to put the heightfields to the top!
Thanks given by:
Champion rejected :P Sorry :) I would team up with you but i've already done a map .... Just did most of the geometry etc... Just needs a whole lot of sexy detail etc
Thanks given by:
ac_whitestuff

/:D
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah !! ac_whitestuff for next official map :P
Thanks given by:
i need help with my map. a few more things to put. :D
Thanks given by:
(16 Sep 11, 09:54PM)Nightmare Wrote: I may have to skip this one. :'(

nvm not as busy as I thought I'd be, apparently...
ac_unfrozen
^dibs, unless its been used before...forum search says no.
Thanks given by:
Flowtron Wrote:Actually - the "ac_"-prefix is mostly legacy (tradition) and related largely to old-school quadropolis paradigms. I'd simply suggest you prefix your maps with your mnemonic/moniker .. so I'd call my maps "ft_*" .. that way even the most common mapnames will probably not clash.
Also - you can simply try searching on quadropolis or akimbo for these names, since the only true claim to have on a mapname would be by having published it first.
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2427.html

Basically what Flowtron is saying is that you shouldn't title your maps "ac_whatever", you should use an individual moniker so that you won't run into problems when using the same name for a map. For example, a map made by members of eQuilibrium was titled "eQ_Deadend" as our clan tag is eQ.| and maps that I make are titled "Lnt_whatever".
Thanks given by:
lol, I meant ory_whitestuff.

I've used ory_ before, like for ory_crate, which hasn't even been released.
Thanks given by:
Dunno if you remember, but all old AlienWare maps were called aw_ (and i think it's same for mpx_?).
Thanks given by:
Tits_icecream world for next ac map ? o.O

EDIT: @Duckett : Ac_forge has no snowww!!!!
Thanks given by:
Nope, the prefix should be for various mods. The name of creator is inside of cfg.

To issue:official map pack has already snow maps, i doubt they would be sub, it is wasting time. :/
Possible outputs for success :
1. abstract (Champion's style with Cubes of ice) (hated by community)
2. map full of woods structures, combination with pines and rocks (hated by community)
3. something more in default style (wasting time)

Probably someone known finished map in this style ... pfff

Thanks given by:
(18 Sep 11, 10:50AM)Alien Wrote: Nope, the prefix should be for various mods. The name of creator is inside of cfg.

To issue:official map pack has already snow maps, i doubt they would be sub, it is wasting time. :/
Possible outputs for success :
1. abstract (Champion's style with Cubes of ice) (hated by community)
2. map full of woods structures, combination with pines and rocks (hated by community)
3. something more in default style (wasting time)

Probably someone known finished map in this style ... pfff
okay
Thanks given by: