Jason grieffing ac_desert3.

Discuss...
Thanks given by:
Interesting... I don't believe guns have wallbang, unless this is a glitch.

If it's a legit wallhack, then, to the blacklist he goes
Thanks given by:
That player is clearly shooting thru the box.
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 12:37AM)Z-karIuS Wrote: That player is clearly shooting thru the box.

I agree.
Thanks given by:
trololo, want me to do it? It's an easy glitch. if you watch with the HUD weapon up you will lawl.

edit: Griefing.
Thanks given by:
Reproduce it and show us.
Thanks given by:
Well, I just tried that and it didn't work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I really doubt that's a glitch, looks like some kind of wall hack to me.
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 01:09AM)Xenon Wrote: if you watch with the HUD weapon up you will lawl.

Lawl, shut up.

Thanks given by:
Watch the demo, watch pj's, watch it from other perspectives. Don't watch a YT video and make a comment. That's all I ask for. I'm not going to start defending myself, I don't really know what's happened there, or how it happened. But just hang in there. I'm looking for an explanation, and have been discussing it with a lot of people in private.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?yh5c6sr887t3425 - demo there, look at around 10mins remaining on wards to get a bearing on the situation.
Thanks given by:
When I first saw this Youtube Video, I thought of hack too.
But then I checked the demo: At the point when Jason crouches behind the box, Pjs spike to 400-500/LAG.

And if you watch that scene from another POV (ghosting on the point where the RVSF-flag is), you see Jason standing up! (really strange!)

So I think it's lag-based. (Though I'm not a pro at checking demo's)
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 01:53AM)Benson Wrote: So I think it's lag-based. (Though I'm not a pro at checking demo's)

Indeed, I'm fairly sure it's not a hack but just some odd effects of lag. I've seen similar things where the camera is slightly too high when walking through tunnels where you need to crouch (such as in ac_aqueous).

What's more concerning is that he plays with the alias WrA.holocaust.
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 02:08AM)Roflcopter Wrote: Indeed, I'm fairly sure it's not a hack but just some odd effects of lag. I've seen similar things where the camera is slightly too high when walking through tunnels where you need to crouch (such as in ac_aqueous).

What's more concerning is that he plays with the alias WrA.holocaust.

I also assumed lag when I first watched it, I will also mention my connection was spiking throughout the whole game.

offtopic reply:

Holocaust is a yiddish/hebrew word for destruction or aftermath.
Of course, it was then demonized after certain events, in a similar way to the swastika, I mean I can probably just use another synonym. But this is all off-topic either way.
Thanks given by:
Lemme summarize AC cheating detection:

If you wall hack and its not really that obvious but contains a lot of controversy with a lot of people leaning towards no cheating, then well, it is cheating.

If in one case the cheating could not possibly be more obvious, its not cheating.

Psychology is really biting me in the ass.

Anyways, my honest opinion decides that this was not a cheat and I do not accuse him of it. I made a funny? Remember to take your daily dose of LAG. Side effects may include, but are not limited to: Random death, Server generated paths with hitting bullets actually counting, Shooting through solid objects, Speed hacking (Transporting), And many more!
Thanks given by:
most models have glitched hit detection anyway IMO

in no way is this conclusive evidence
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare puts on Good Cop uniform.
I have a video of a demo or two that shows my sniper trail go through a wall and keep going for the HS(right near the top of the wall) during jumpshots. Even though in-game the barrel of the gun was clearly above the wall. So I know demos can make hax appear ;)

Never seen anything go through that low on a wall/etc. though. Middle of the box with your wallhax there...but yeah blame the lag ftw. <3

* Nightmare puts on Bad Cop uniform.
Of course, you talk about winning a lot, so some may think you'd throw $$$ for super internet connection and wouldn't lag like that. Meaning...HAX :D
xD

Thanks given by:
The name would be maybe enough for a ban but wall hacking, no; it's lag clearly.
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 01:49PM)pweaks Wrote: The name would be maybe enough for a ban but wall hacking, no; it's lag clearly.

I can understand if I used it in public, but it's a private server, lighten up a bit ;D
Thanks given by:
Everyone can have a remote-lag (i'll not say how), and a lot of things can be explain by lag (wall-hack, ofc speed-hack and even aim-bot (not in THIS case)).
So it's a big fail.
Ofc this post doesn't accuse Jason, it's a general idea.
Thanks given by:
Exoduss, you wanted to blacklist him, you were attacking him.
Thanks given by:
.ExodusS* Wrote://Ban Reason: Wall-hack?

if you have to put a question mark in the ban reason, you shouldn't blacklist.
Thanks given by:
Point is, he didnt even know how to call the hack, he thought of.
And the title of his youtube vids are really made for objective discussions.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 11, 01:09AM)Benson Wrote: Point is, he didnt even know how to call the hack, he thought of.
And the title of his youtube vids are really made for objective discussions.

So true.

Thanks given by:
ExodusS*.

c u @ lan.

haterz gonna hate.
Thanks given by:
lan? i'll not move away from my chair to see someone like you.
Thanks given by:
keep hatin. i'll keep rollin baby.
Thanks given by:
Jason is 1337 and innocent. End of discussion.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to hear the opinion of an expert, hope there's a way to control the "LAG" on the next release.
Thanks given by:
Well, if we need the opinion of an expert.

Where's jamz?
Thanks given by:
OFFTOPIC: ooooooooooo jamz, where are thou?

(17 Aug 11, 05:58PM)Sepehr Wrote: Jason is 1337 and innocent. End of discussion.
and beyond.
Thanks given by: