Suggestion: anti spawn camp
(25 Jul 11, 10:15PM)V-Man Wrote:
(25 Jul 11, 06:54AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote: I could just switch to sniper when they are in front of me, spawn, and pick them off giving me the advantage of a possible HS

Which would turn into a perfect deterrent to spawn camping.

Its not a terrible idea im just a fan of looking around at my demise point and assessing it.It would take take some adjusting running into the enemy base and pow head shot. If preview did com into play don't take death spec out plz, this would slow the game down IMO, which I no like either
Thanks given by:
Just keep it the way it is.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 11, 05:37AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Just keep it the way it is.

^^^^ plz
Thanks given by:
Just to add my 2 cents;

Spawn campers, thats the fault of the team. They should be keeping the base clear of enemy not all trying to score flags leaving your base exposed, thats teamwork...

The real issue I believe is the select few players who do not respawn after 5 seconds, having died in their base they wait till some poor unfortunate fights his way to the flag, picks it and then gets killed by the ass who just spawned behind them. That is not fair gameplay, the fraged player has no chance of avoiding the kill, and the camping by not spawning player gets points for a kill and a return of flag with zero risk :(
Thanks given by:
I've thought about this for a long time, and I think spawn rape is a serious problem with this game. The problem is the spawn points and the base design on the maps themselves. You dont really have this problem on maps like depot or power. The reason is the bases are large and the spawn points are spread throughout the bases. Map designers need to be aware that even some of the smallest maps are going to played with 10+ players. Therefore they should design bases, and designate spawn points accordingly. Maps like gothic, arid, werk, desert, desert2, and more are really only playable 2v2 or 3v3 imo. However, if the spawn points were spread out (or perhaps the bases were made larger) I think it would deter alot of these base rape problems and allow for a more fair gameplay in the larger servers.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 11, 05:40AM)CharlyMurphie Wrote:
(26 Jul 11, 05:37AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Just keep it the way it is.

^^^^ plz

^^^^ PLZ!!

I really don't think anything has to be done about this; imo, it'd make the game more unrealistic... so just learn how to beat campers.

Also, this mainly happens in pubs, so why can't we let them have a little fun?

Thanks given by:
Exhibit A: http://www.mediafire.com/?e2s979i11grqgu7

130+ kills on werk with sg and some base rapery. Im not saying more skilled players could not of dealt with my sg base rape more efficiently, but even in a server with good players theres very little you can do against a sg user standing right behind you the instant you spawn.

Just imagine your first time ever playing AC and you happen to face a sg/base rape pro on a small base map. Your probably never going to play again. The few friends I tried to turn on to this game had this problem, and they quickly decided they were not interested.

I dont believe something drastic needs to change but I do think with some proper testing and adjusted map acceptance terms the bulk of these issue could be solved without any major changes, like spawn preview or adjusted spawn timings. Even in the very small base maps I think there could be fair gameplay in the larger servers by simply spreading out the spawn points. Doing nothing about this is only denying future growth in AC.

Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 11, 10:07PM)sloDiesel Wrote: Exhibit A: ....

130+ kills on werk with sg and some base rapery. Im not saying more skilled players could not of dealt with my sg base rape more efficiently, but even in a server with good players theres very little you can do against a sg user standing right behind you the instant you spawn
Doing nothing about this is only denying future growth in AC.

Maybe a Spawn safe period like 3-5 seconds of extra health or no damage I know of quite a few games that do this to couter base campers.
3 seconds is all you need to turn and kill the camper in your base.

This only needs to be in team modes aka CTF TDM and so on you get the idea.
Thanks given by:
What about just adding 1 or 2 spawn points?
Thanks given by: