When will you make the brackets?
Thanks given by:
Good question
Thanks given by:
Wait a bit :)
Thanks given by:
Brackeeeet Where are you? lol
Thanks given by:
So, who wants to be the new admin for the acwc?
Thanks given by:
Registration's reopening

In a case of a better organisation, we are now looking for 2 other countries to register.
Warning : These countries have not to appear in the actual list of the teams.
Hurry please : Only 3 days left to register.
Thanks given by:
*cough*canadian team*cough*
Thanks given by:
Crown and Sercarty (Canadian brothers) want to create a world cup team, you could ask them.
Thanks given by:
NZ or oceania team perhaps?
Thanks given by:
Doubt it, considering Fate and Huntsman are referees.
Thanks given by:
They can leave if they want.
Thanks given by:
Well there isnt a Spanish team, I believe I could gather 4 of us...
Thanks given by:
These are countries that can no longer register a team:
Australia ; Belgium ; Brazil ; Finland ; France
Germany ; Iran ; Italy ; Latin America ; North Africa
Poland ; Portugal ; United Kingdom ; USA.

"This will not help to put a country already registered for the World Cup because it will not be validated"
Thanks given by:
How many spots are still open?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 11, 06:01AM)Duckett Wrote: How many spots are still open?

Thanks given by:
In my opinion it should be groups system .

4 groups in one group 5/6 teams
2 best teams from one group go on then K.O system
1/4 , 1/2 and final (and match for 3rd place)

in this system is more fun for all and no problem with organize it , now is problem because needs 2 teams.
besides all the teams will play more than one match.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 11, 12:27PM)Mati Wrote: In my opinion it should be groups system .

4 groups in one group 5/6 teams
2 best teams from one group go on then K.O system
1/4 , 1/2 and final (and match for 3rd place)

in this system is more fun for all and no problem with organize it , now is problem because needs 2 teams.
besides all the teams will play more than one match.

Nope, your pool system will make a +100 match tournament.
Of course we already thought that with bigger pool (7 teams) who increase the match number (and keep the 4 best in each pool to get 8 teams and play 1/4 etc...) but the match number stay around 160 so you understand that we can't.
Also, if any teams will register the tournament will stay to direct elimination mode and will have a basic tournament tree, but 1 or 2 teams will not start 1/16. Of course this will be random.
We thought about double-eliminations too but it's as unfair as above, more hard to understand for all teams and harder to organise.

Btw: as the rules said it, all double/triple teams (per country) will have to fight against (France A against France B etc) to know what team will represent his country. (that's why the we get 14 teams and why we need 2 more teams)
For the Brasil case, a little tournament will be organised to know what team will represent the Brasil country (Bresil A will fight against Brasil B and Brasil C etc...), a short point system will be organise to this little tournament.

Good luck to every country and have fun.
Thanks given by:
Will the demos be posted for the public to view?
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 11, 05:46PM)Cemer Wrote: Will the demos be posted for the public to view?

I'd assume so. Remember, there will most likely be live streams of every match as well, which iirc are recorded so you can watch them.
Thanks given by:
I will present the list of maps and modes that will be played during the tournament.
(Each maps and modes will be chosen randomly)
Here are the allowed maps: ac_depot; ac_desert_3; ac_elevation; ac_gothic, ac_ingress, ac_mines, ac_power, ac_shine; ac_sunset; ac_urban.
Here are the allowed modes: "CTF" (Capture The Flag); "HTF" (Hunt The Flag)
If a perfect equality of flags/frags happen, a third map will be played: "TOSOK" (Team One Shot One Kill); ac_desert
Here we go, the tournament will begin 29th Friday: So for a good organization please prepare your game (Time and date of availability: http://acwc.us.to/tree/)
The tournament's tree will be published in the "TREE" part
For the time and date please contact me by mail. (http://acwc.us.to/about/)
Teams that are not affected by the qualifications of the country are: Finland; Iran; Iatly; Latin America; North Africa; Poland; Portugal; United Kingdom.
Thanks given by:
Yay =p

PS: "Italy"

Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 11, 07:21PM)Viper Wrote:
(26 Jul 11, 05:46PM)Cemer Wrote: Will the demos be posted for the public to view?

I'd assume so. Remember, there will most likely be live streams of every match as well, which iirc are recorded so you can watch them.

Dude, that just made my day.
Thanks given by:
If the actv people can get commentaries going/ I can renew my licensing on streaming software (without cost of course) it will happen.
Thanks given by:
So i didnt become a answer from lucas of my last mails, therefore i write here. Btw, he isnt not longer the acwc-admin, so the new admin can help me/give me a answer.

During the open registration phase, i registered a Germany C Team. i become a mail from lucas that he didnt permit the Team because of the lack of informations. he wrote that i must register my Team again with more informations.

I wrote him a mail, where i ask him, what informations have be missing and registered the Team again. no answer for my mail...

Then the registration was closed and i didnt saw a Germany C Team on the Teams-List :(

for Fun i registered the Team again :D

then i saw on the acwc website, that Daylixx open the registration again for two Teams. I registered again...

So, i hope the new admin can give me answer, what was missing by the first registration?

greets Sheriff

Thanks given by:
Viper: casters are usually easy enough to find, it's more the people like you we need :D
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 11, 10:09PM)DaylixX Wrote: These are countries that can no longer register a team:
Australia ; Belgium ; Brazil ; Finland ; France
Germany ; Iran ; Italy ; Latin America ; North Africa
Poland ; Portugal ; United Kingdom ; USA.

"This will not help to put a country already registered for the World Cup because it will not be validated"

"We are always looking for countries that are not yet registered"

Hi Sheriff, I do not know why your team was not accepted. I'm sorry, I can not answer your request.

DaylixX.
Thanks given by:
Registrations are still open:

We have decided to give additional time to countries which have not registered yet.
We will not close the applications until the preliminaries of the world cup (country matches Team A vs Team B) are over.
Don't forget, this is the last chance to see your country showing off their skills.
Thanks given by:
Hey guys,
Before the beginning of this tournament, i want to tell something that is happening with our team (Brazil C).
Me and my teammates, since the moment we decided to participate in the ACWC 2011, are suffering attacks from this team (Brazil A), where some members are acting with no respect and are so confident in victory, like they already knew about their win. Something i learned is that no matter who is your opponent, we should always respect them, humility above all.
Worth remember that two members of this team are known cheaters, i don't know if they use in actual days, but they used in the past and both already confessed it. Shoter = Plenas and Lerooy = Waagner.

I would like to require that the tournament staff watch this team closely, since they dont bring an exemplar fair play conduct, and making a team that wins deserving the win, and not the one that cheated or violated rules.
If its possible, today there is some programs that inhibit the use of malicious programs to take advantage in game. I would like that the staff provide some way to utilize this programs to prevent this kind of conduct. Here are the lists of some programs :

Teamviewer 6 : Program utilized to discover if the player have some injector, .dll or modified client.
Cleandod : Program that captures random images from the player's screen, creating a file where is possible to discover if the player used wallhack, aimbot or another illegal program.

I'm taking this attitude because i want a clean and loyal tournament, where the winner should be the deserving team and not the one that cheated.
I'm just a player, i play because i like and i feel good doing it, i dont need to prove nothing to anyone, and my teammates too, we try to do our best but in a clean shape, we never needed to cheat to achieve the victory.
What counts is to compete.
Marreira.

Marreira made this text, but he speaks for the whole team.
Thanks given by: