Assault Cube World Cup 2011
(18 Jul 11, 02:08PM)Fate Wrote: Hmm.. Are there any restrictions as to what mods a player uses?

e.g. "false" scopes, and brightskins (yes, I know they're not 'bright' anymore)

Fake scopes and pistols with lasers should be out, but I think it's hard with skins. For example the protox HQ skins are fine. Anything that is giving you an unfair advantage(high visibility, laser sight pistol model instead of sniper) shouldn't be allowed, but I don't see how it can be monitored.
Thanks given by:
Well I dunno.

http://tas-clan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?...b96013896e There you can see on the Second Douze DM screen vs Legend the skinned helmet. Dunno if thats fine or not. (I won't do something against you Xenon, no worries. Just wanna see whats allowed and whats not.)

Also, Larry told me once, he and legacy has some Red laser scripts which 'marks' the middle of the screen. It's an allowed script, but you shouldn't allow it for ACWC
Thanks given by:
It is on akimbo iirc.

However, I think visual client side mods should be allowed, as there is no sane way to enforce it. If you wanted, you could even make a post of how to get all of these mods so each player has the chance of being on the same playing grounds :|
Thanks given by:
Yes, I used to have a sniper like a pistol with a laser but I deleted that ^^.

Also on my AC now the only 2 things modded are health packets and helmets :D

EDIT: Stayla, you can also have the mods. /download link is right there :)
Also a octagon scope - how is that cheating, I experimented with scopes and I somehow made a octagon scope, It isn't a false scope and I can do a tutorial if you want it lol.
Thanks given by:
Isn't this octagon scope the mask to stop big scope skins?
Thanks given by:
as an improvement from last year, one of the observers should be streaming so people don't have to be stuck with only an irc bot saying what's happening
Thanks given by:
goodness, that person had better have a fast internet connection and a hardy video card.
Thanks given by:
I recently set up a stream for something else (another game) and it went well, so I don't think it really requires very much more than a semi decent upload speed.
Thanks given by:
Last year bright skins, and "false" scopes were banned from the competition as any other unfair advantage, however in 1.0 that bright skin was really an issue which I don't think happens now, and for the helmet in Xenon mod I don't see how's that an advantage to him, after all must of us know where the items are.
Thanks given by:
Xenon has personally told me he does not scope when he uses the sniper mod, not only should it not be allowed in acwc, it should not be allowed in assaultcube. If it changes the way a person plays it should be disallowed, it is basically a unscoped crosshair.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 11, 11:57PM)Habluka Wrote: as an improvement from last year, one of the observers should be streaming so people don't have to be stuck with only an irc bot saying what's happening

Theres already an AC-tv team.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 11, 11:49AM)beta_boy Wrote: Xenon has personally told me he does not scope when he uses the sniper mod, not only should it not be allowed in acwc, it should not be allowed in assaultcube. If it changes the way a person plays it should be disallowed, it is basically a unscoped crosshair.

Lol'd. A. Reveal alias and B. When I used to use it I scope on maps like depot and shine etc. Just from short to medium range i could no scope and usually hit :)

Thanks given by:
Pritty much is a Crosshair on sniper.. from what i've heard of it when i was Legacy.
Thanks given by:
Ok, just for you guys I will upload it. Give me few minutes.

EDIT:
[Image: BYM5g.jpg] - There
Thanks given by:
Hmm... let's think about this. Does that give you an unfair advantage? Eh, I'm not absolutely sure.

What? "Common sense"? What's that again?
Thanks given by:
A high tech gadget made with paint.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 11, 02:34PM)tempest Wrote: Hmm... let's think about this. Does that give you an unfair advantage? Eh, I'm not absolutely sure.

What? "Common sense"? What's that again?

A sniper's crosshair dude, and YES it's an advantage.
But i don't think Xenon will play with weapon he never played.

Thanks given by:
tempest, I've been talking about the sniper. He has/had the same laser for his sniper
Thanks given by:
Exoduss - best AC player.
Thanks given by:
@.ExodusS*: I didn't find it an advantage myself, probably because after alot of sniper use (in OSOK modes) I had a natural sense of when a shot would likely hit. In general, I always tend to side with more permissive views for things like this.

What about the issue of dropping flags in inaccessible places? Will this be allowed or not? I notice the rules state "not [to] exploit bugs of the game" but I wouldn't consider it a bug since it's consistent with the game mechanics.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 11, 11:05PM)Roflcopter Wrote: What about the issue of dropping flags in inaccessible places? Will this be allowed or not? I notice the rules state "not [to] exploit bugs of the game" but I wouldn't consider it a bug since it's consistent with the game mechanics.
Luc@S?

Thanks given by:
Can i play yet?

I have 4 players to play.

Thanks given by:
registration is closed spartan :|
Thanks given by:
you're late Spartan.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 11, 09:10PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: It is on akimbo iirc.

@Laser sight.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jul 11, 09:22PM).ExodusS* Wrote: A sniper's crosshair dude, and YES it's an advantage.
But i don't think Xenon will play with weapon he never played.
(19 Jul 11, 10:15PM)M__Stayla Wrote: tempest, I've been talking about the sniper. He has/had the same laser for his sniper

That was sarcasm. Yes, IMO it is clearly an unfair advantage.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 11, 05:10AM)CoxA* Wrote: you're late Spartan.

You luck.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jul 11, 03:08PM)Spartan Wrote: You luck.

ok

Thanks given by:
its just sad if you use such kind of mods ... I hope no one will in the WC.
Thanks given by:
Used to, when I started to learn how to snipe. Now I don't
Thanks given by: