5 helmet
1 armour
1 akimbo
255 mapmodel
2 flags
23 sounds
55 clips
Thanks given by:
I really like the lightning you used, it gives the map a hot and searing feel. I also feel like the layout is very similar to ac_power's; not that it's bad, but I felt like mentioning it. Only thing I have a problem with is the amount of stuff there is in the center where the petrol machines are located. I did like the design and the way you made use of the AC engine to make the machines and actually make the place look like a "petrol working site", but I feel like it's a bit too crowded in my opinion.

Very good map nonetheless, good job :)
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 11, 11:46PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I did like the design and the way you made use of the AC engine to make the machines and actually make the place look like a "petrol working site"...

Same here, that's something really new and never seen before in AC, well done! But I also noticed that in some spots WQD goes over 9000, but for the rest, great map!
Thanks given by:
Ctrl+C
[Image: 20110636.jpg]

Ctrl+V
[Image: 20110635.jpg]

Good job, you know how to copy-paste in AssaultCube, what's the next step?
BTW: AC copy-paste didn't paste models so, update your map and add the barel and fences.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 12:24AM).ExodusS* Wrote: Good job, you know how to copy-paste in AssaultCube, what's the next step?
BTW: AC copy-paste didn't paste models so, update your map and add the barel and fences.

+1 ac_arab-money by .ExodusS* DaylixX and $p@k0
Thanks given by:
Hey, it's just good to see that exoduss feels good about himself because he is a superior mapmaker who hand-crafts all of his maps with loving care, instead of using that cold and impersonal "automation" used by inferior mappers.
Thanks given by:
Mapping is creativity.
I respect the mapping inspiration:
-ac_warfare is a ac_bunker inspiration.
-ac_swamp is based on an ac_rubble idea who is based on ac_mines gameplay.
But, ac_petrol in not inspiration.
Thanks given by:
And he's done it again, I can tell from the screenshots that this map will be quite good when I actually take the time to look at it in-game. But it looks amazing SuaveDude
Thanks given by:
[Image: nzlvfq.jpg]
crateivity
Thanks given by:
ya we shud leik makk new map restircshun aboot haow mani modils u can plaec in ur map soo all thees newwxbs wil stopp makkin stopid mapz..........................yeas??....................................
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 05:37AM)Lantry Wrote: ya we shud leik makk new map restircshun aboot haow mani modils u can plaec in ur map soo all thees newwxbs wil stopp makkin stopid mapz..........................yeas??....................................
No.
Thanks given by:
Let's not turn this into a flamewar about whether copying geometry is creativity or not...

Nice map, SuaveDude. Sexy as always!
Thanks given by:
Lol. Still a nice map. :P
Thanks given by:
It's so bad taking some elements and try to adapt it to your map? It's OK, if it bothers you I just remove the map and case closed. I don't want any kind of flamewars or arguing.
If a mod of akimbo reads this, please delete that file.
Have a nice day.
Thanks given by:
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG .ExodusS you reused some textures/map models/geometric designs from ac_douze/mines/whatever. Someone's gotta be angry about this! Just take the complement and get over yourself. Good artists borrow, great ones steal.
Thanks given by:
Good job Suavedude :)
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 08:28AM)SuaveDude Wrote: It's so bad taking some elements and try to adapt it to your map? It's OK, if it bothers you I just remove the map and case closed. I don't want any kind of flamewars or arguing.
If a mod of akimbo reads this, please delete that file.
Have a nice day.
You're not serious are you?

Thanks given by:
Well, copy-pasting at least a distinctive feature of a map without asking for permission and then not even giving the author of that other map credit is at least rude.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 09:09AM)Bloodsport Wrote: ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG .ExodusS you reused some textures/map models/geometric designs from ac_douze/mines/whatever. Someone's gotta be angry about this! Just take the complement and get over yourself. Good artists borrow, great ones steal.

did he? lol. greatest artists create :|
Thanks given by:
Quote:You're not serious are you?
Yes I'm totally serious. Please delete it. And close this thread too. As I said I don't want flamewars.
Thanks given by:
Mapping is about using other ideas and their modifications to your map style. But your map should contain also some original elements which build your style. We wouldn't move next if we would protect all ideas.

But this case is too much visible, it really looks like a copy. It would be ok if it wouldn't be main element of map. I don't like generally maps which use secure texture combinations from official maps, secure elements from official maps. But i think the restrictions in future will allow only these copy mixed maps.
Thanks given by:
Even ac_arabicnight by Apollo has a (inaccessible, but visible) room taken right from ac_desert. (though it's oriented differently, that means it wasn't copypasted, but carefully remade instead)
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 11:32AM)SuaveDude Wrote:
Quote:You're not serious are you?
Yes I'm totally serious. Please delete it. And close this thread too. As I said I don't want flamewars.

You're a bit mad, aren't ya? You really wont to delete a great map, just not start flamewars? :?

EDIT: Aer, wait! You're the creator of the map, so why don't you delete it?
Thanks given by:
xD if someone used new map ideas/concepts created by me, I'd be happy.

Nice map SuaveDude.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I think copying shows, that you've done something that is so good, that others want it too.
Thanks given by:
EveryoNe stop the flames. Though you should have asked him before you used it SuaveDude, I'm sure enough of the map is your own creation to consider it your own.
Thanks given by:
There is copy and copy. That kind of copy with ctrl+c and ctrl+v is bad kind. Especially in creating maps. I can copy whole map this way and author should be happy ? The second kind is called "inspiration" but this isn't that case.
Thanks given by:
The key is to take inspiration and adapt it to your map, not to take exactly from someone else.
Thanks given by:
Closed Source map ideas in an open source game? This should be a good one to watch. :)

* Nightmare gets popcorn.

Thanks given by:
@Nightmare
At the end it is defined by license with map ;) Yep, we cannot use our feeling for such things because everyone has other.
Thanks given by: