ac_petrol
Sharing is caring.
Thanks given by:
Good one, nightmare ;)
Thanks given by:
This is getting a bit ridiculous...
One may say he/they (since there are two credits for the map) should have tried to reproduce and why not improve it but it doesn't make the whole map about what these comments bifurcate from.

Fair enough one bit got copy/pasted from another map but hey! this feature is given so either this option is scrapped either you accept it and more or less recognition is given to the map creator(s) accordingly.

After all the first advice given to mappers is "Take a look at what as already been done" so unless you got an ego the size of a whale you should be proud of others using a design you've created because it means it is appreciated and perpetuated.

Regarding this no mods on AKIMBO will delete this file, it's up to the owner(s) feelings to use the X button.

Thanks given by:
It happens me in 0.93, someone copied completely my map ac_house and put it next ac_church(which was copy from someone too ), i found it funny :D but i had still feeling "heey it is mine". I have probably the ego of a whale. :D

I must read more about coping part of maps, it is interesting issue, good link for example http://forums.warfish.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=404
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 05:20PM)Viper Wrote: The key is to take inspiration and adapt it to your map, not to take exactly from someone else.

That's exactly what i want to say, not more.
You can copy as you want cause it's not mine or daylixx's problem, it's just "a general problem".

Thanks given by:
^ ;)
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 09:33PM)Alien Wrote: It happens me in 0.93, someone copied completely my map ac_house and put it next ac_church(which was copy from someone too ), i found it funny :D but i had still feeling "heey it is mine". I have probably the ego of a whale. :D
Funny you say that coz it rings me a bell as I was (ages ago) in coop mode with someone explaining me he recreated his own house next to a church (Apollo's map if my memory is correct).

(26 Jun 11, 09:33PM)Alien Wrote: I must read more about coping part of maps, it is interesting issue, good link for example http://forums.warfish.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=404
I am reading it ;)

Thanks given by:
[Image: 20110639.jpg]

Mmh it remind me something who begin my "ac_" and finish by "desert" but i can't remember what exactly, damn!
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 11, 01:19AM).ExodusS* Wrote: Mmh it remind me something who begin my "ac_" and finish by "desert" but i can't remember what exactly, damn!
What?
Thanks given by:
494 fps hax.
Thanks given by:
Erm... this is nowhere to be seen in ac_petrol, you must have mixed it up with one of your own edited maps as freakin fps wasn't enough for you!
Thanks given by:
Why does that look like ac_desert with fences in the doorways?
Thanks given by:
The layout reminds me of ac_power? Buy hey great lighting!
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 11, 04:20AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Why does that look like ac_desert with fences in the doorways?

its a part of appolo desertcity, and its just a scene in the map not related to gameplay. its actually kind of cool lol.
Thanks given by:
Really?

* Ronald_Reagan goes to check it out.
Thanks given by:
ExodusS' screenshot is Apollo's homage to makkE's work in apollo_arabicnight (not desertcity), which he was quite honest about replicating at the time, IIRC.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 11, 09:31AM)jamz Wrote: ExodusS' screenshot is Apollo's homage to makkE's work in apollo_arabicnight (not desertcity), which he was quite honest about replicating at the time, IIRC.

And yeah, as I said earlier, it's not a copypaste -- it has a different orientation compared to the original.
Thanks given by:
Ok, Copy Rotate Paste.
Thanks given by:
I had not noticed that... Very interesting :D
Thanks given by:
Ironic author is ironic and humble. +100000000000000 pointz. Nice map.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 11, 02:03AM)Cemer Wrote: Ironic author is ironic and humble. +100000000000000 pointz. Nice map.

"Points" is spelled with an 's' not a 'z'.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 11, 02:58PM)MusicMan10 Wrote:
(30 Jun 11, 02:03AM)Cemer Wrote: Ironic author is ironic and humble. +100000000000000 pointz. Nice map.

"Points" is spelled with an 's' not a 'z'.

I agree with this fact.
Thanks given by:
Umh, maybe he wantz to talk in the 1337-language, where every "s" iz a "z" :D
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 11, 05:33PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Umh, maybe he wantz to talk in the 1337-language, where every "s" iz a "z" :D

There is no excuse for improper speling young man.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jun 11, 05:48PM)MusicMan10 Wrote:
(30 Jun 11, 05:33PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Umh, maybe he wantz to talk in the 1337-language, where every "s" iz a "z" :D

There is no excuse for improper speling young man.

spelling*
Thanks given by:
I think it's an intended punn.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jun 11, 12:34PM)d1337r Wrote:
(27 Jun 11, 09:31AM)jamz Wrote: ExodusS' screenshot is Apollo's homage to makkE's work in apollo_arabicnight (not desertcity), which he was quite honest about replicating at the time, IIRC.

And yeah, as I said earlier, it's not a copypaste -- it has a different orientation compared to the original.
/copy
/paste
/selectionrotate X

(30 Jun 11, 06:32PM)Viper Wrote: I think it's an intended punn.

Those don't hapen.
Thanks given by:
Lol Sorry for one 'z' my friend. Didn't know that the lexical police were playing AC.

Zarj, you sir, are a good detective. I'd give you "pointz", but they're frowned upon here.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 11, 01:09AM)Cemer Wrote: Lol Sorry for one 'z' my friend. Didn't know that the lexical police were playing AC.

Grammar police are just as exacting! You should have been aware!
* V-Man takes 5 points from Gryffindor
Thanks given by:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Anyway, back on, topic. This thread, was about SuaveDudes map, and not about correct, grammar, and spelling, which is what, it now seems too be about. Lets not argue about who's property, geometry is, please!
Be friend's! :)
Thanks given by: