Poll: Would it be a good idea to have this new type of map?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Abandon this idea, it's a waste of time
38.89%
7 38.89%
This is something that I would actually enjoy. Please make it happen.
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Idea for a project
I was just thinking of what I can do to a map to allow interesting and new types of gameplay when I was working on a map, when I accidentally created two cla flags. This actually gave me an idea for something that could make for very interesting ctf games that would require large amounts of cooperation within each team.
This idea is that there would be a total of 4 flags in 4 bases. Two of these will be for rvsf and two will be for cla. The bases would be grouped together based off of their alignment and would have some sort of passage way connecting them. In the center, there would be an area with entrances into all four bases. The spawn points would be equally distributed between the teams' bases in order to help avoid having one flag completely ignored. This map, as I would imagine, would also be relatively large in order to avoid scoring easily by rushing for a flag before the other team is fully coordinated. This type of map would be meant for when there are 12+ people in a server, so having an unguarded flag would solely be a flaw in tactics.
This is purely an idea that I came up with that I thought would be interesting, but I would seriously consider taking this on if this type of heavily team based gameplay is the kind of thing that the community would enjoy. I would gladly accept any and all feedback on this.
Thanks given by:
Won't work. You can place a hundret flags in edit-mode but there will be shown only one of each kind in CTF.

The idea isn't bad in general, but I personally think a CTB-mode (capture the base) would be more appropriate than having multiple flag-spawns for each team.
Thanks given by:
Damn I want this. Should make the 16 player CTF games faster.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what you're actually suggesting, but I would love some kinda multiple-flag-spawns CTF.
Thanks given by:
I like the idea but seems it's not possible for right now. One new idea might be that instead of having the flag in the base where you spawn you could have it outside the base in a different like flag base. Then there are two points of interest for each team, you either rush and try to get the flag which is more straightforward, or you go to the enemy base kill off some peeps to cover the teammate who goes for the flag which is more strategical.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 10, 07:21PM)Thorite Wrote: I like the idea but seems it's not possible for right now. One new idea might be that instead of having the flag in the base where you spawn you could have it outside the base in a different like flag base. Then there are two points of interest for each team, you either rush and try to get the flag which is more straightforward, or you go to the enemy base kill off some peeps to cover the teammate who goes for the flag which is more strategical.

I was actually just discussing this with a friend while playing tennis this morning, but I realized that it seems a lot like htf.
Thanks given by:
I've considered trying a map where team flags spawn in their opposite bases; CLA in RVSF and RVSF in CLA.
Thanks given by:
Personally, I think it's a waste of time..... There are already many unused gamemodes, and if we'd introduce this one, they would totally disappear.... I'm for the CTB idea too, though.
Thanks given by:
F2 b/c when both Teams Has The Flag, it maybe not fair,, + it makes it to easy to score for to Team flags...
Returning/scoring Flags: When some other Team Has 2 flag and the has 1 Like
2 CLA has The flag, and RSVF 1 flag. And CLA Still have a Chance to score. And CLA Scores 2 Flag, +
RVSF will Score 1 flag after CLA Scored
Im Rly sorry to beak it to u.
Im not Agiainst Ur idea But..
(hmmm.... )
why not Muitly Flags For T-KTF (max of flag: 4 or 3?)
Thanks given by:
What if, say, there's a rule that you can only cap if all your flags are in base(s)?
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. I've thought about the whole flag thing.
There would be an easy way to make a "new" gamemode without making a new gamemode ^^

Like you change the places of the flags (CLA flag in RVSF base and other way round), then you have to invade the enemy base (while you protect the flag barier) overwhelm the whole team (no win without teamplay) and score.
Maybe "Invade the base" or something ^^

Sorry for spamming your topic iOD|Habluka
Thanks given by:
Well, that sounds pretty much like HTF in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
pretty much like, but not the same ;)
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 12:30PM)JMM Wrote: What if, say, there's a rule that you can only cap if all your flags are in base(s)?

that would work very well
Thanks given by:
I want to see a mode king of the mountain and team king of the mountain.

Players try to get a flag then get to an area and stay there with a flag for an amount of time like 10 seconds to score or something without dying. This would be a cool twist to keep the flag. And once you score the flag resets to the next base.
(15 Jul 10, 07:59PM)Andrez Wrote: Personally, I think it's a waste of time..... There are already many unused gamemodes, and if we'd introduce this one, they would totally disappear.... I'm for the CTB idea too, though.

Lol when has there been a pistol frenzy game that didn't lose all the server players?
Thanks given by:
When I was in high school we used to play a game in phys-ed. class called CTF but it was played with 3 flags in each base, the flags were usually next to eachother (2 bases in total), 2 teams of anywhere between 5-8 people (but was played with equal number of players per team), 1 base per team. The goal of the game was to try and take all the enemy flags back to your base. Which ever team had all the opposing team's flags in their base first won the game.

The rules of the game were:
- If you were attempting to grab the enemies flag or carrying their flag and was tagged by the enemy you had drop the flag if you had it and go to "jail" (even if you didnt have the flag) where you were placed in a spot within the enemies base and had to wait for a teammate to come tag you and let you back into the game. (evidently you had a better chance of getting the enemy flag and bringing it to your base if you had less teammates in jail because you would have a better chance at rushing the enemies base)
- The enemy could only tag you if you were in their base if you didnt have a flag. But if you had one of their flags it was fair game for them to tag you anywhere to try and retrieve the flag.
- If you were tagged by the other team you had to drop the flag and either your teammates could pick it up or the enemy team could retrieve it and return it to its default location in their base.
- Once the other team had your flag in their base, it was taken out of the game meaning that you could not retrieve it and bring it back.
- If you were to try and steal a flag a person could only carry one flag at a time and could not take 2 or 3 of the enemies flags at once. BUT your teammate/teammates could follow behind you and take a flag. (The amount of flags stolen by a team at any given time is irrelevant and is allowed but the amount of flags stolen by an individual at a time was restricted to one)
- If you have an enemy flag in your hand and you headed back to your base, you were not allowed to pick up another enemy flag if your teammate dropped it but you could tag the enemy if they were trying to get back to their base with your flag. (tag in this game would be more like frag in AC)
- To prevent people from camping at their base for the whole match you could implement a time limit where they would be forced to leave their base or respawn elsewhere.
- If you are tagged by the enemy team and forced to drop the flag, the enemy can pick it up if they reach it before one of your teammates and return it back to their base to its default location.
- People who didn't abide by the rules were taken out of the game
- The winner was determined when a team had captured all the opposing teams flags and brought them to their base.

This to me would be something I would find interesting if someone could make a game mode based around the game I played in high school.
Thanks given by:
HALO (the game not the w-b IRC OPERATOR) here they come.
Thanks given by: