Poll: Would you like an ACtv night?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
92.96%
66 92.96%
No
7.04%
5 7.04%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ACtv (#ACtv gamesurge)
Hello!

SKB got me into streaming AssaultCube games online, with own3d.tv. After a few games with a good audience (10 or so most times, up to 36), I decided to go bigger. The video is smooth, the image quality is ok and the audio is good. How many of you are interested in an ACtv night, where I would stream a nice game of AC? I need players and viewers. It will be scheduled ahead of time.

#ACtv on gamesurge
Thanks given by:
now if we had good casters this would be even better <3
Thanks given by:
I'm definitely in for the viewing! I've heard Morgy has a sexy voice...
Thanks given by:
Voice might be a little difficult, my bandwidth is maxed as it is and I barely have room for AC.
Thanks given by:
I'd definitely be interested in viewing, even more so in playing. You did great tonight.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was great fun. It would be even more brilliant with a few more viewers. GG's too
Thanks given by:
If you need cast help in the future, here's one volunteer.
Thanks given by:
Maybe an AC-Radio like thing for the voice.
Thanks given by:
Legacy. are up for destroying anyone...
Thanks given by:
Awesome idea, i would definitely watch

^ Are we?
Thanks given by:
It was sexy to watch my ass kicked, i give no autographs xD
Thanks given by:
why not
sounds like a good idea :p
Thanks given by:
It may be very useful for torunaments, and we can even create league called ACtv. i can play and interview aswell.
Thanks given by:
Personally I don't care about, but it wouldn't hurt for sure. :)
Thanks given by:
TY pweaks, I saw your QL stream. As for tournaments, I don't have the willpower to organize such things :P

ggs all, Gayitux, etc.
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 11, 12:43PM)Gibstick Wrote: TY pweaks, I saw your QL stream. As for tournaments, I don't have the willpower to organize such things :P

ggs all, Gayitux, etc.

That QL stream was horrible, I can do a lot better!
Thanks given by:
So basically AC Radio all over again? :P

On the forums before this, we had a thread where PrimeviL, Bxxy, me and a lot of other people had suggested logos for ACTV.

Also, this lead to me registering AssaulTV on youtube for AC. I'm willing to upload vids for people.

EDIT: How about spectating big clan matches, tourneys etc and streaming. Sort of like ESPN [Electronic Sports Network]. :D
Thanks given by:
Haha I played in the inauguration Night, and I loved the idea.
As I have said, if needed, me as a designer can organize this project for you, so you have more time with the actual "program". I could "advertise" it around, with banners and maybe a hotblog with the last news and stuff related to ACtV...
What do you say?
Thanks given by:
@Gibstick: We need a Dial up friendly live text stream also. Plox :D
Thanks given by:
I'm here if you need a player =)
Thanks given by:
1v1s pls!!! :D
Thanks given by:
I would commentate for sure :)

This backs up my only wish to the devs: include the ability to see your own weapon when in spec mode! <3
Thanks given by:
Text streams will probably come on IRC vern.
own3d doesn't record the streams so I can't get videos, plus I can't screenrecord very well. Robtics vs CoxA anyone?
Kaonic, a logo/banner would be nice, thanks!
Thanks given by:
JustinTV, does that save?
Thanks given by:
I think so.

#ACtv on gamesurge \:D
Thanks given by:
own3d.tv does save, as Gibstick just found out. :P

I can help with the broadcasting as well, if need be, Gibstick.
Thanks given by:
Lets do a 3v3 inter oooh it'll be fun if we get morgy to commentate too. I'll play but i would need someone that could step in for me since my schedule is flexible.
Thanks given by:
legacy would indeed love to play an example game (2v2 or 3v3). Any challengers?

With regards to leagues, it would be great. I can put the effort in to host such a tournment but it requires jumping a few hurdles:

- If I can convince Castiel to host me a suitable website
- I'd need at least one other referee to be fair and unbiased
- Most of all we'd need participation from various teams

If such a league was to be run, I'd suggest it were kept simple: single elimination, standard clan match format, no special rules. I actually think the devs should run such a league with the release of 1.1.0.5. I notice that other major AC releases had release cups and from the look of things they sparked huge interest competitively.

Most importantly, let's not do nothing. ACtv and leagues are a great way to encourage competition.
Thanks given by:
If you haven't noticed, I'm not very competitive. I pretend to be sometimes. However, we'll be glad to stream whatever we can. Your efforts to organize a tournament/league will not go unnoticed.

RE: For casting, someone can call the streamer via skype (or mumble if it lags) while spectating the AC game. Since audio from speakers is streamed and they're watching the same game as the streamer, the delay will be in sync.

Edit: SKB and I are interested in a Sunday/weekend cup :D
Thanks given by:
^ :D
Thanks given by: