Poll: Would you like an ACtv night?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
92.96%
66 92.96%
No
7.04%
5 7.04%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ACtv (#ACtv gamesurge)
cant wait till the next one...i will try to make it..if i dont LAG
Thanks given by:
Recordings of some matches can be found at SKB's profile.
Thanks given by:
Mmmh. I just watched a stupid commericial first .. gaaaww how I hate that! ... and then about the first minute of the auto-loaded "episode".
I'd really hoped there would've been more effort put into this - it's just a basic screen-capture of a demo -- the commentary doesn't seem to have any relevance to what you're actually seeing - it's just as disorientating as watching a demo w/o any manual input .. except that you have no choice but to stick with what you're given.
It would be 10x better IMHO if the demo was captured to match the commentary - meaning the commentary is inserted after the fact, or the demo-capture is done later with a special eye on accountability ... meaning either the person under discussion is chased and/or auto-flip from chase-player to chase-player is overridden as the situation necessitates.
And really .. get away from sites that force ads on us .. damn capitalism!!
Thanks given by:
One thing that you really need to keep in mind is that all of the videos were created live - so the quality of the commentary and the camera work is not necessarily going to be the best (although I have been pretty happy with what I have seen thus far).
Altogether, I think ACTV is an excellent little project, and I love the media status they have taken (and been given) by the community.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I wasn't disputing the benefits -- just commenting on a possible avenue of improvement ;-)
Live commentary is a hard thing to do - but I really feel the accompanying video should then reflect the commented action scenes, rather than just "willy-nilly" portraying a "random" view of the match .. this is more of a problem if you don't watch it in fullscreen than if you do - well .. it's a hard thing to do "right" in any case, just look at the resources thrown behind pro-sports commentaries - those people have training to do their job! So, for volunteers it's an awesome job and it definitely gives some nice exposure & possibility for commentary for the "consuming individuals" .. I guess the harshness of my comment was mainly influenced by my abhorence of advertisment in general, so - nothing to do with the product in of itself :-P
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 11, 11:11PM)flowtron Wrote: ...

Here are the demos in case you'd prefer to watch those:

http://tas-clan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=50 (w00p vs GrZ; 2-0)
http://tas-clan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52 (oNe vs legacy; 1-1)
http://tas-clan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=51 (TyD vs BME; 0-2)

I think part of the fun is the live element of the event, the insight that commentary gives, and there is no need to scroll through players to find the action -- that should be taken care of by the camera-man!

I am not sure of the commands available in CubeScript but is it not possible for the camera-man to have a key to spectate each player? That way as the commentators talk about a player, the camera can follow them.

It may also be helpful if the game video and sounds were delayed slightly (perhaps a second) so that commentary can sync better with the action.
Thanks given by:
Hmm. Indeed - there's only a command to "shift" the chased player - so that'd be a point to improve upon : give us access via clientnum.
Thanks given by:
That was an oversight. In future streams we'll be listening to the caster, so we can follow whoever they're talking about. Changing spectated player via clientnum would be really useful, especially with findcn. :DD

Those recordings are actual live matches, the voice was recorded along with the stream. It's a bit more exciting when you're there and chatting along with others :P
Thanks given by:
Actually, one more suggestion for ACTV: please don't record games in low-res texture mode. Since the commentators aren't playing, why not see the full beauty of the map during the game?
Thanks given by:
the most possible reason why its recorded in low res is because of bitrates upload speed. Most of these people are doing this from there own home. I know from my own streaming its annoying and I have to lower the texture to get a cleaner cut stream.
Thanks given by:
That shouldn't affect it at all though. Whether you are recording an AC video with high res textures or not doesn't change the fact that it is a 1024x768 video stream (or whatever size it happens to be).
Thanks given by:
720x480, blame SKB for his "pro mod".
Thanks given by:
meh, "pro" quake matches are streamed in that way (picmip iirc) and see no people complaining there. But yeah, feel free to bash me on this one, it's not gonna change :P
i bet like half of ac are playing with default settings, not utilizing the "tweaks" ac engine allows :|

the reason for 720x480 is mainly due to my laptop's CPU, and it can't be helped, unless you buy me a new laptop of course :P

Also, Firefox users: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...lock-plus/
Chrome users: i heard there's ABP "port" on that browser
Other browser users: get a proper browser :D
Thanks given by:
@flow:
That command will go a long way in many scripts to come.
Especially a simple script that syncs with audio commentary. +1!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm getting fuzz?
Thanks given by:
What's the link to the video/stream?
Thanks given by:
What about someting like this :

[Image: sans-t10.jpg]

Make a modified client only for ACtv where you can see weapons and a minimap with all players and flags cause it's boring to see a simple crosshair and looking for yelows messages to know who have the flag etc...
It's better to see tactics and players in the move too :)
Thanks given by:
H4x, but it owns. Very good idea. No low res, high res weapons.. Shweet
Thanks given by:
(18 Apr 11, 11:36AM).ExodusS* Wrote: What about someting like this :

[Image: sans-t10.jpg]

Make a modified client only for ACtv where you can see weapons and a minimap with all players and flags cause it's boring to see a simple crosshair and looking for yelows messages to know who have the flag etc...
It's better to see tactics and players in the move too :)

i like the minimap/radar can i have that as my default one?
Thanks given by:
It's a MS Paint montage lol
Thanks given by:
What code languages do i need to know for to make MS paint montages?
Thanks given by:
English. :P
Thanks given by:
Question:

(18 Apr 11, 01:25PM)Vermi Wrote: What code languages do i need to know for to make MS paint montages?

Answer:

(18 Apr 11, 07:06PM).ExodusS* Wrote: English. :P

!LOL! :D
But Exoduss its a great idea :D
Thanks given by:
I'll not post a bad idea XD

I already know that we can see weapons in demos but i'm not sure in SPEC (hope we can...).

For the minimap , i think it's possible too , a sort of "/showmapdroptransparancy 0" but always actived and on the top at the right on the screen , with a sort of "wallhack" to see players positions (when they have flags , when they shot and make noise etc) as if they were in your team.
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 11, 12:48AM).ExodusS* Wrote: I already know that we can see weapons in demos but i'm not sure in SPEC (hope we can...)
Yes, we can.
;)

Thanks given by:
WHAT ARE THESE COMMANDS YOU SPEAK OF?
Thanks given by:
Quote:/showmapdroptransparency 0-100"
Thanks given by:
showmapbackdroptransparency - it makes the showmap/fullview-radar render transparently (by the given percentage - well 100==0) if (and only if) the showmapbackdrop value is set to 2.
Thanks given by:
Yes sorry lol
Thanks given by:
Not to gravedig, but..
ACTV is awesome! More vids plz?
Thanks given by: