Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
They probably just have to have an intel with ~10.5 on it. I compiled it with 10.5 SDKs. I highly doubt it will work on PPC architecture. Although I'm not very knowledgeable on this.

Oh, I'm running 10.6.
Thanks given by:
hi AC company lol ,
SNIPER is so low now for counter smg or AR ,really not fun .
Thanks given by:
It works R_R. I tried with 10.5-10.6. You should be good with either of those maybe even lower than that but im not sure.
Thanks given by:
don't want to sound annoying but, can we know about an approximate date expected for new version release?.

Thanks given by:
^or a "general" timeframe. example.... Fall.
:D
Thanks given by:
Ooook, I just built SVN again for myself, and figured I'd share the love. Download the revision 6476 snapshot here. For mac only ofc <3
Thanks given by:
(29 May 11, 11:33PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Ooook, I just built SVN again for myself, and figured I'd share the love. Download the revision 6476 snapshot here. For mac only ofc <3

Is not working for me, the error console shows up after I press play on launcher
Thanks given by:
I can haz blu-tack on screen with sniper spread so small :)
Thanks given by:
(30 May 11, 04:29PM)Xenon Wrote: I can haz blu-tack on screen with sniper spread so small :)

RAWR RAWR INCREASING SPREAD PUNISHES GOOD SHOTS AND REWARDS BAD SHOTS RAWR
Thanks given by:
Could the developers give an update on their position on the current balance in SVN? Specifically are there any more balance changes planned?

Also, I'm really pleased to see the sniper damage return to 80.
Thanks given by:
Changes are planned, although they are not committed to the SVN trunk.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 11, 09:16PM)Luc@s Wrote: Changes are planned, although they are not committed to the SVN trunk.

Could you summarise the changes we can expect? And how does the balance now compare to 1.1.0.4's balance?
Thanks given by:
^this
and the sniper is back to 80??? Nice!
Thanks given by:
Not sure why Stranz. I'll double check that this package didn't get corrupted on the upload. I ran the game just last night from my local package. Try re-downloading.
Thanks given by:
(30 May 11, 09:23PM)Roflcopter Wrote:
(30 May 11, 09:16PM)Luc@s Wrote: Changes are planned, although they are not committed to the SVN trunk.

Could you summarise the changes we can expect? And how does the balance now compare to 1.1.0.4's balance?

Not yet. We're working on a change log, it will be available soon ;)
Thanks given by:
Will accuracy be found in the server's logs? Would be cool :)
Thanks given by:
Am I strange if I like 1.104 more than the february svn? I use shotgun the least out of all of the weapons and I don't like that the maps look duller, words have a duller colour and that a sniper's headshot is called sniped now. It just doesn't feel right when i use any of the weapons.. Although it feels as if it's much easier to headshot. Though I do hate shotgun on 1.104 on some very cramped maps like ac_arid (I really feel as though it's way too small and doesn't feel like the other official maps).
Thanks given by:
Not strange at all. They still aren't done balancing the weapons though(AFAIK), so things may get nicer.

I stopped using the smg in the current version because the svn's smg...
Has the power of a bb gun.
and recoil like its shooting out missiles.

Thanks given by:
It's not strange to have an opinion ;)
i actually kinda like the balances. smg is a little nastier but its still not terrible. the shotgun did get nerfed quite a bit, but i would rather have it nerfed than something else. the balance is coming along nicely, imho. and i like the new block/unblock feature ^^
Thanks given by:
I updated my svn version and edited the frag names back to 1.104. Sniper's back to 80.. and the ar and smg feel weaker. With the shotgun if your aim's off then it only does like 10 damage which is good and carbine feels the same. I don't get why the smg was upped by .5 damage and the ar lowered by 2 when they keep the same number of hits to kill and people don't have armor on that frequently on official maps. I feel the only gameplay change should've been the shotgun nerf.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 11, 12:57AM)jockskratos Wrote: I updated my svn version and edited the frag names back to 1.104. Sniper's back to 80.. and the ar and smg feel weaker. With the shotgun if your aim's off then it only does like 10 damage which is good and carbine feels the same. I don't get why the smg was upped by .5 damage and the ar lowered by 2 when they keep the same number of hits to kill and people don't have armor on that frequently on official maps. I feel the only gameplay change should've been the shotgun nerf.
wat

btw the weapon balance isn't done, just consider it as a work in progress :)
I hope we'll be able to test it more before releasing.

Thanks given by:
xD jockskratos. I never understood those micro damage changes that don't do anything at all, either.

Also, to chime in here... Carbine needs some love. :( Sometimes you can get taken down before even getting a 2nd shot off(normal health, no armor, both ways). and 50% accuracy with the carbine loses to 25% accuracy with smg/ar. Fair and Balanced ;)

Good job devs, keep up the good work. :D

Thanks given by:
Carbine has it's moments, mainly using it's (relatively) huge clip and it's high accuracy. However, the ability to get headshots with it might be a nice addition. it could be too much of an increase though.
Thanks given by:
headshot with carbine omg I'd love that xD

* Nightmare F1's
Thanks given by:
You want to make shotgun less overpowered? Reduce the amount of shells per mag. Make it 3.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 11, 08:28PM)Lantry Wrote: Carbine has it's moments, mainly using it's (relatively) huge clip and it's high accuracy. However, the ability to get headshots with it might be a nice addition. it could be too much of an increase though.

At least an increase in damage for headshots would be nice. Carbine-HS/Pistol combo, anyone? :D
Thanks given by:
Headshots, Headshots for all weapons, adds some reward for good accuracy
Thanks given by:
We are playing here AssaultCube and not any other game!

I am sure if the carbine can make headshots, it will be overpowered.

And the idea "headshots for all weapons" thats nonsense.
Thanks given by:
Thats your opinion
Thanks given by:
for me,need make nb again the shotgun and carabine..this weapons is very sux..
need make good the AR,SMG and SNIPER - ONLY -
Thanks given by: