Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
Roflcopter, actually we got different plans. The plan has always been to fix the shotgun first (not the damage values but it´s algorithm). That´s the plan for 1.1.1.0. After that there will be some releases to fix all the values. Don´t think we forget to ask you guys ;)

BTW the SVN repo doesn´t actually have got the new shotgun code yet.
Thanks given by:
ärkefiende, if i knew C++ id be an AC dev, if i was rich, id donate lotsa money to AC
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 12, 01:26AM)Jg99 Wrote: ärkefiende, if i knew C++ i'd be an AC dev
Right, that's the reason you aren't a dev.
Thanks given by:
The thing is, only a few people are testing at the moment. We should really start testing.
Thanks given by:
Jg99, there are more ways to contribute than just donating and coding ;)
Thanks given by:
(14 Aug 12, 01:26AM)Jg99 Wrote: ärkefiende, if i knew C++ id be an AC dev, if i was rich, id donate lotsa money to AC

You can start with waiting 5 F....NG seconds, everytime someone kills you, playing fair, and respecting the game it's a huge step.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 12, 11:47PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Roflcopter, actually we got different plans. The plan has always been to fix the shotgun first (not the damage values but it´s algorithm). That´s the plan for 1.1.1.0.

That's all well and fine but why mess up the AR, SMG and sniper values then? As I said, I think the 1104 balance is superior. Could we have the 1104 values back and just a new shotgun until things can be balanced properly?
Thanks given by:
Why not try the new ones? In the worst case scenario the same thing that happen from 1.0 to 1.1 will happen, many "pros" may leave and many may come.
Thanks given by:
(17 Aug 12, 03:54AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Why not try the new ones? In the worst case scenario the same thing that happen from 1.0 to 1.1 will happen, many "pros" may leave and many may come.

AC is dieing slowly as is. When 1.1 was released we didn't get lots of good new players, we only really lost good players.
Thanks given by:
* paulmuaddibKA is sad about previous statement.
EL and Vanq alone filled those gaps, because what they lacked in being "good" (if any) they filled being AWESOME!
Thanks given by:
Some of the irc channels for gamesurge ac clans have been down 10-20 people as of late, and this is the first time the ac forums have been so quiet since I joined. And a handful of great players are leaving for sauerbraten/other games, at least until the next release. The SVN hasn't been touched in over a month going by my changelog. Signs of Doom. :'(
Not meant to be critical, just seems some of the community is losing hope in it's future. D:
Thanks given by:

i wanna a bike in assaultcube for quickly transportation to enemy base
old assaultcube 1.0.4 on 1 level better than current ,with hackers,with flaspam,with normal voicecom,better than current developer error
Thanks given by:
(19 Aug 12, 11:45PM)Nightmare Wrote: Some of the irc channels for gamesurge ac clans have been down 10-20 people as of late, and this is the first time the ac forums have been so quiet since I joined. And a handful of great players are leaving for sauerbraten/other games, at least until the next release. The SVN hasn't been touched in over a month going by my changelog. Signs of Doom. :'(
Not meant to be critical, just seems some of the community is losing hope in it's future. D:

Yeah we've been struggling to find games recently. Still 45 are a good upcoming team and maybe a few others will form too.
Thanks given by:
This thread is no longer being used for what it was intended for, therefore I am closing it. Weapon balance is no longer the cause of the delay in releasing the next version of AC.

AC isn't going anywhere, new release or not. The devs will continue to try and balance the weapons for the next release, we've gotten a lot of different feedback on how to do so. If you feel like you have a good idea that has not already been mentioned in this thread, feel free to forward it to a developer.

If you feel this thread should be reopened, send me a PM stating why and I'll consider it. For now it seems this thread has run its course and is only being misused.
Thanks given by: