Upcoming Release Balance Discussion (SVN)
(24 Jul 12, 01:14PM)BrkDr4GoN Wrote: I really like the 1 sniper 1 pistol combo but the 1sniper n 2 pistol is also good
I think the ar change sucks cause its just gonna be really hard to use it so maybe increase the clip and maybe lower the recoil or spread that might help . Other wise sounds good but I really think they should make 1 for mac :d
If you're having problems with RR's svn mac client then send him the bug report.
Thanks given by:
Armour not affecting knife damage, is all I ask. Anyone that brings a knife to a gun fight should get some extra points for the cojones factor.
Thanks given by:
Women will hate you for that ! Or reduce kevlar to 50 max.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 12, 05:45AM)ElCrema Wrote: Armour not affecting knife damage, is all I ask. Anyone that brings a knife to a gun fight should get some extra points for the cojones factor.

Best idea on the whole 3 pages of the thread i read.
Thanks given by:
There is svn for mac? Can some 1 send me the link plzz

I was talking about windows 1 lol
Thanks given by:
(26 Jul 12, 07:41PM)BrkDr4GoN Wrote: There is svn for mac? Can some 1 send me the link plzz

http://www.mediafire.com/?4azuad16kkd11vx
Thanks given by:
Thank you
Thanks given by:
acwc is over, would be nice if you did a bit of work on the new version C:
Thanks given by:
I agree with xenon its true

And when is this thing gonna go "official" and be the new version of assaultcube that you can download on assault.cubers.net home page.

When that happens based on these updates on svn it might me really awesome and maybe bad depending on ur perspective :d
Thanks given by:
If you think it's over then wtf are you still doing here?

The game will be ready when it's ready, if think you can do it faster do it then.
Thanks given by:
Larry dev.
Undead dev.
Thanks given by:
Larry has great ideas I recon.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 12, 08:21AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Larry has great ideas I recon.
really?, tell me more
Thanks given by:
I didn't say I could do It faster...

I just mean that I want to know like a rough idea of how much its been completed that's all.

Srry if my comment pissed u off in any way
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure flowtron said the release was complete last september, except for shotgun balance.
And the last svn changelog was july 12th iirc.
Thanks given by:
ACWC client was 1.1.1 \:D
Thanks given by:
I need to learn c++ then id become an ac dev
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 12, 04:28AM)Jg99 Wrote: I need to learn c++ then id become an ac dev
good to know
Thanks given by:
AC 1.1.1 plz
Thanks given by:
Xenon just take over as Dev Lead and release the SVN. :3 Even if svn has some unfinished things and experiments inside or such.

super edit: <3 jamz btw. This will be my last 'trashtalk devs until they give us the release' post. Until january 1st, if it's not out then o.o;
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 12, 08:59AM)Jpablon Wrote:
(08 Aug 12, 08:21AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Larry has great ideas I recon.
really?, tell me more

He has, he's been bringing more ideas tO the table than any of yours, I however never said lets turn him into a dev, since he and many more only look at the "competitive" side of AC, but some of his ideas might be cool to see in action.
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 12, 09:20PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: He has, he's been bringing more ideas tO the table than any of yours, I however never said lets turn him into a dev, since he and many more only look at the "competitive" side of AC, but some of his ideas might be cool to see in action.

I do consider the impact of things I suggest on public play. Ultimately public games are casual and everyone wants to share some success and frustration. I want good public play so some publics start getting good and decide to make and join clans.

For instance lowering spread won't allow good players to dominate publics (one of the key counter arguments) because easier hits also means the "swarm effect" of large games becomes stronger. It's actually fairly easy for a good player to abuse several bad public players simultaneously at the moment with good movement and box camping. If you take away spread and therefore also box camping you've made the game more fun for everyone.

Finally, anyone who doubts me can just look at Sauer where good players don't dominate ictf (ictf has 0 spread) in publics despite dominating it in clan matches. This is simply because of the swarming effect of publics.
Thanks given by:
I didn't mean it in a bad way, I like your ideas, but face it, pub players don't even know how the game works, I didn't even knew the hitreg thing until you guys mention it, that indeed might help. So dont get me wrong please.
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 12, 12:43AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: I didn't mean it in a bad way, I like your ideas, but face it, pub players don't even know how the game works, I didn't even knew the hitreg thing until you guys mention it, that indeed might help. So dont get me wrong please.

I didn't take your post badly, especially since the post before was rather generous. :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 12, 01:08PM)Nightmare Wrote: super edit: <3 jamz btw. This will be my last 'trashtalk devs until they give us the release' post. Until january 1st, if it's not out then o.o;

Let´s all hope you won´t ever have to write such a post :D
Thanks given by:
I hope three posts by aerkefiend in the dev section in one day means he's super active and getting this game back on track. :D
Thanks given by:
seriously though devs, is it coming out in the next month or two?
Thanks given by:
Hopefully they get it right rather than fast. I'm not bitching in the slightest about the amount of time it takes, it is necessary however to contemplate the impacts of all the changes (especially in balance) before release as we will be stuck with said changes for a presumably long time again. Test test test and give feedback. As soon as I get home I plan on playing the newest change a lot.
Thanks given by:
Undead and I have both said words to the effect of: No one is going to like SVN [when it's released]. I do think it's true too, practically the opposite of everything I've said with regard to balance. Identical sniper (I suggested a major reworking), weaker shotgun (I was against), less precise SMG, AR and Akimbo (I always want lower spread and sensible recoil), and still-weak carbine.

The thing that irritates me most is I feel pretty confident I could balance every weapon in about a month so that pubs and competitive players were happy. I hope I'll get the chance if 1110 turns out to be another hated release. I do appreciate lots of the things the devs do but I think balance should be left to active players familiar with pubs and inters and clan matches.
Thanks given by:
So you will be starting your campaign after its released? Why not start now?
XD
Thanks given by: