Assault Cube mapping contest goes green
Anywhere from 2 weeks to a month usually.
Thanks given by:
k thanks <3
Thanks given by:
D-2 :)
Thanks given by:
Hm
Elven has trouble deciphering the troubling coded language in Exoduss' post.
Thanks given by:
Again 2 days for the dead-line and i'm always making my map. ^^

PS:I started my map the first hour of the first day for this contest. XD
Thanks given by:
lol Exoduss, you srsly need to be a Mr.Speedy.
Thanks given by:
Today or tomorow i'll post it , just add pickups respawns sounds , and copyright files with mapmodels sounds....and post it on akimbo. :)
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 11, 10:39PM)Duckett Wrote: Hm
Elven has trouble deciphering the troubling coded language in Exoduss' post.

Since when did you have your forum name changed to Duckett? Lol... lame reason for the MySQL edit... No offense.

.ExodusS* good luck man!
Thanks given by:
Thanks , i just finished the .cgz
Thanks given by:
Here my map (then oof) :

Download ac_palenque
Thanks given by:
I know this is alittle late, but this applies to two maps
"Custom Media is allowed, but it may not affect gameplay (i.e mapmodels that not everyone would have)"

ac_palenque by ExodusS has alot of mapmodels that are custom that would otherwise effect gameplay (i.e bridges and ladders that players wouldn't see and be able to shoot through the clip only, not the mapmodel)
the other map is ac_recic by fatcat and duckett, oh this map i believe the only one is a fence that not everyone has, but this case is a close one, because of the land behind it, you can't go up anyways

butttttt, i will make you both a deal, they will be entered, but i'll mark them as custom media, if thats fine with you guys, it will still be entered the same, just more or less posting a warning on them so everyone knows they have custom content
Thanks given by:
Wowzers, ac_palenque is a beautiful map. I love the texturing.
Thanks given by:
Your lights are amazing! What a way to use mapmodel animation! Good job!
Thanks given by:
ac_palenque is a good map, but it doesn't follow rules, it clearly states that custom mapmodels that otherwise effect gameplay are not allowed
and this falls into the effecting gameplay nature, seeing as there are custom ladders and custom bridges that would be left undone in non-custom usage

ac_recic does have a custom fence, but its clipped behind it, so this denies it
now ac_green_temple by ronald reagan does have a custom ladder mapmodel, which thus could effect gameplay as well, but is less likely then a map full of custom bridges and custom ladders

imagine if someone was playing ac_palenque without said custom media, they would be able to shoot you when you were on the bridge, yes, they are clipped, but you can shoot through a clip, where as you can't a mapmodel

this is up to the judges on whether or not accepting said map/maps, i am entering and am not a judge, its their place to either allow obvious broken rules or not
Thanks given by:
Maybe add another point scale? "ability to be played without custom content"
This may kill palenque though :(
Thanks given by:
ac_dingy by Bukz and Halo
Thanks given by:
uhh....I can't unpackage ac_palenque.... :S
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 11, 10:00AM)DES|Halo Wrote: ac_dingy by Bukz and Halo

This map was already near to be finished before the start of the contest , it's just strange...
If what i'm thinking is right , it's not fair-play at all.

Thanks given by:
it was never released before the contest nor did bukz and i have any say in picking them theme, it was completely ironic that the two worked out

and also, if you want to play that card, i happen to know you started on your map before the contest, with undead, it was pretty similar along the lines of being complete as ac_dingy was
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 11, 11:49AM)DES|Halo Wrote: it was never released before the contest nor did bukz and i have any say in picking them theme, it was completely ironic that the two worked out

If it's ironic so...ok (sewer and green lol)

(10 Apr 11, 11:49AM)DES|Halo Wrote: and also, if you want to play that card, i happen to know you started on your map before the contest, with undead, it was pretty similar along the lines of being complete as ac_dingy was

No you'r wrong it wasn't my map at all.
The map i started with Undead was like this :

[Image: 20110411.jpg]

But this screenshot is the last released cause we didn't finish it.
I didn't choise the theme and no , ac_palenque is not pretty similar.
PS: I made ac_palenque 100% alone.
Thanks given by:
your clan mate picked the theme actually, impakt'd, did we forget this? so it was completely ironic that it worked out

blame your own clanmate if you don't like the fact i started the map before the contest, it was not released before the contest so it falls within the rules, not my fault at all the theme worked out for us to enter

yes the green brick texture was added after the contest was announced to make an already existing map, more green, and yes, we redid the lights to make it more green, but all this was to fit the contest

we had no say in the theme, if you are complaining about the theme, take it up with impakt'd
Thanks given by:
So the theme is 100% Impakt'd choice , right?
Thanks given by:
[00:40] <+Impaktd> AC goes green
[00:40] <+Impaktd> = theme

[00:39] <+Impaktd> i really like those toxic-y kinda green maps. they give good view to players without having to be cheap with fog or w/e, and wasteland looked pretty nice
[00:39] <+B}Ronald_Reagan> a forest!
[00:39] <+B}Ronald_Reagan> A greenland!
[00:39] <+B}Ronald_Reagan> full of green!
[00:39] <+B}Ronald_Reagan> rainforests!

not 100% but close enough judging from the logs of when we were talk about the theme
the other suggestions had already been done (i.e desert and metropolis, better known as a city theme)
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 11, 07:32AM)DES|Halo Wrote: ac_palenque is a good map, but it doesn't follow rules [...]

The rules say " Custom Media is allowed, but it may not affect gameplay".

I think maps featuring gameplay affecting media are valid entries. Though, this needs to be regarded along the Gameplay/Layout category by giving penalty-points.

Ronald's map uses SVN-media, which hasn't been mentioned on the set of rules so far...

However, it's the judges to handle this. This is only how I used to interprete this case on the former contests. :P
Thanks given by:
2 mapmodels are affecting the gameplay :

- This fence :

[Image: sans_t16.jpg]

- This chain :

[Image: sansss10.jpg]

For other mapmodels , they are not accessible or are not clipped.

Thanks given by:
alot more then just those 2 buddy, the bridge is also
let me explain on the bridge is effecting gameplay, say i didn't have said mapmodels, and you did, and you were on top of the bridge while i was under it, i would be able to see you from lack of having the mapmodel, i would see you floating on the clip, but because it is just a clip and not a mapmodel, i would be able to shoot through it, thus effecting gameplay
Thanks given by:
mapmodel 4 1 0 0 "bridge" // 57

As i know the bridge is an official mapmodel , if you don't download texture , you'll see the bridge with notexture.jpg.

For plants , they are on the floor , and for ivy , on walls exept on one of CLA's base , the ivy hide a little the window.

Fire is on an official mapmodel who is clipped.

The chain is in RVSF base and is not accessible.
Thanks given by:
no, the bridge does not show if it is custom textured, just ask robtics, he has a custom texture bridge in his next map and it doesn't show
Thanks given by:
i am again failing the deadline ... :-D
Thanks given by:
Anyway, ac_dingy looks nice. Very detailed and with some interesting uses of map models I've not seen before, although it does run a bit slow on my laptop.
Thanks given by: