Development Branch (SVN:trunk)
Is there a place i can find this as a download to try it? or is it not out yet...? ( i know it is still being dev.)
Thanks given by:
For Windows: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-166.html
For Linux: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-178.html

Alternative: http://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/vi.../trunk/ac/
Thanks given by:
(14 Jul 10, 05:18PM)Calinou Wrote: The SMG was too fast, and it's now more fast.. I would prefer an accelerated shotgun rather..

To me it feels as if the range and/or damage on the SMG has been lowered.
Thanks given by:
SMG damage has been lowered, it takes 8 shots to kill. Range is the same (range is same for all weapons). Recoil was tweaked so if you hold it down it kicks up a lot but if you burst fire there's almost none.
Thanks given by:
Range is not the same for all weapons, what makes you say that ? The effective (best) range of a weapon is determined by bullet spread and, to some extend, recoil.

The SMG has had the following changes: Damage reduced, Less recoil on the first shots of a burst (similar to AR behaviour). This extends it's range a lot. If you're good, you can burst-snipe across douze with it now. It also means, that you are being rewarded for first aiming, then shooting, even in close combat. Just spraying in the general direction once you spot an enemy will now have you at a disadvantage, since you waste those first accurate shots.
Thanks given by:
What I meant by range is that it's not like CoD :P
If your aim is right the bullet will go straight and hit your enemy no matter the range. But I suppose you are correct, range depends on many things.
Thanks given by:
You are wrong, gibstick, depending on the spread, the bullets will hit a bit off center, the further away the target, the more; on the following guns: Pistol, AR, SMG, unscoped sniper, Shotgun and even a tad on the carbine. That what "spread" means in AC..

Otherwise we'd have to balance 5 automatic railguns... :P
Thanks given by:
But they still hit all the way across the map no matter what, that's what I meant by range. Effective range, meh. Speaking of railguns...
Perhaps I don't know the meaning of range.
Thanks given by:
Yes, the spread is not as large as in other games, but it's there. Turn on hitsounds and fight SMG vs AR on douze and you'll see.

The further away your opponent, the less hits, even if your crosshair is dead on all the time.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure that what gibstick is saying that the bullet will go all the way to the other end of the map regardless of the gun, and each bullet will cause the same damage regardless of how far it travels.

Of course, the ranges where each weapon is effective and/or of any use is different...
Thanks given by:
Try this hitting a dude from across douze with a pistol 5 times in a row.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 10, 07:53PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Try this hitting a dude from across douze with a pistol 5 times in a row.
Too much spread.
Thanks given by:
Exactly what I meant ;)
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 03:01AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Exactly what I meant ;)
Point?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 10, 03:39AM)JMM Wrote:
(16 Jul 10, 03:01AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Exactly what I meant ;)
Point?

point?
Thanks given by:
'[3D Wrote:point?
Comma?
Thanks given by:
People ... . ... Focus!
Thanks given by:
question mark?
Thanks given by:
IS there one that workes with a mac?
Thanks given by:
Open your eyes, man :)

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-60.html
Thanks given by:
(15 Jul 10, 02:09PM)makkE Wrote: You are wrong, gibstick, depending on the spread, the bullets will hit a bit off center, the further away the target, the more; on the following guns: Pistol, AR, SMG, unscoped sniper, Shotgun and even a tad on the carbine. That what "spread" means in AC..

Otherwise we'd have to balance 5 automatic railguns... :P

Wow i didn't know we had wind in AC. :P Thats the best part of the weapon plz no!! :)
Thanks given by:
Unscoped sniper has spread since 0.92 or so...
Thanks given by:
if the sniper bullet splits in two, then it can have spread.

-I know makkE 'semantics', I know. Great game all the same.
Thanks given by:
I have always found it so weird that if you aim somewhere with the scope then take out the scope and shoot exactly where you were aiming at without scope, it won't be the same place. Is it like you just mentioned the different spreads of using scope or not? Shouldn't it be the same?
Thanks given by:
It's not the same, for the simple reason that you'd then only need to paint a dot on your screen to have a railgun...
Thanks given by: