AC vs C2
I am just creating this thread to express my opinion.I do prefer AssaultCube over Cube 2 but there is one feature that Cube 2 has that AssaultCube does not.This feature is in the editor on Cube 2 you can extend the side of blocks out, making it easier to create ceilings.On AC you can not do this which makes it a little more difficult to create bases with ceilings. Also if this feature would be included in AssaultCube users would be able to created basses or levels with 2nd or possibly 3rd floors. What do you think of this idea of assault cube having this feature?
Thanks given by:
Can't be done. If I remember correctly, makkE (or flowtron) once told me that actually AC does use 2D, and not 3D. It's a complex thing, but basicly, it can't be done with Cube Engine 1.
Thanks given by:
Well then why not switch to the cube 2 engine?
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 10, 07:14PM)miker95 Wrote: Well then why not switch to the cube 2 engine?

Because this was made, and supposed to go on as a really lightweight and fast-paced game.
Thanks given by:
(24 Dec 10, 07:15PM)Andrez Wrote:
(24 Dec 10, 07:14PM)miker95 Wrote: Well then why not switch to the cube 2 engine?

Because this was made, and supposed to go on as a really lightweight and fast-paced game.
Oh..well still it would be something for them to look into
Thanks given by:
They've looked into it.
A good workaround is using platforms (clipped mapmodels that look like a part of a floor) to simulate multiple levels.
Thanks given by:
We're always looking for more stuff to backport (not really), but we've heard this before and it was rejected: it's just not worth it.
Thanks given by:
You have no idea how many times this has been suggested in the time I've been around.
* Ronald_Reagan gets the idea to start a thread with all of the overly suggested ideas and their counter arguments.
Thanks given by:
RR, do you have to make my eyes hurt everytime you get ideas?
Thanks given by:
Not my fault :O
I didn't choose that color.
Thanks given by: